Video-game(s) you're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Terraformer
Jul 26, 2016
Brasov
FireFall and Ember have competition:

Yeah. Already in my wishlist lol. Osiris: New Dawn, Rokh, Planet Explorers, Project Genom, Grav all promising titles in my opinion.

Edit: Meant to say Planet Nomads, not Planet Explorers

Last edited:
Would of played Mafia 3 but it would not even launch. Steam gave me a refund. I now also heard the game is locked at 30fps on pc. Fuck that.
its not like the eye can just see about 40fps?
seriously? Why do ppl want 60-200fps fuckshit? Why?!?
And why teh fucking hell do ppl want a 4k-flatscreen with curves for gaming? WTF? 4k is made for precision work, eg engineering... and not gaming...
*sigh*or it's maybe just the stupidity of many ppl, that don't understand that they don'T need this shit?

Wintersiege

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Hebron, ND USA
Do you guys have a recommendation for an f2p mmorpg? I really love the idea of cyberpunk but it is not a must-have.

i already tried:

Wildstar
Riders of Icarus
Arche Age
Blade and Soul
Twin Saga
Rift
Tera
and many more.....a bit disappointed with everything.
https://ro.my.com/en
Revalation Online beta is getting ready to happen but you have Tera and Blade and Soul already listed above so I am not sure you are going to end up liking a game like this either. Honestly, given the games above that you dont care for i think you are going to be hard pressed to find anything you enjoy. I mean Rift was super enjoyable as a World of Warcraft type replacement, which is exactly was for me until I saw Tera and then swapped over to that for the ""Action Combat"" which I think Tera does amazingly well. Wildstar supposedly had some of the best raiding material of any game out to date and was a mix of WoW+Tera style combat (which is what Revalation Online is supposedly), a bit more similar to GW2 I guess.

Maybe try Vindictus? Its not a MMO per se but its got some pretty amazingly tactical fighting happening, similar to Monster Hunter I am told though I dont play portable games so its just what I have read.

Jul 26, 2016
Those two games are very similar aren't they? In game-modes and art-style?
I haven't played overwatch so I dunno about that one.

after playing with the other one.... Paladins really feels like TF2. Like if Valve decided to contract out a sequel. It has some similarity to Global Agenda's PvP due to how each character type works. The maps seems to be derived from TF2 maps.
It has this card system before matches and item system during matches in place that increases the strength of each hero's abilites. For example a hero called Ying can have reload for her primary weapon increased to nearly 80% reload with both cards and items stacked correctly. Which can turn her into something that can hold her ground against a team with just her weapon.
But she also has really good abilities so that you can boost those and you can turn her into someone that just won't die.

I don't know how Overwatch is like, but being able to play each hero differently by powering up different attributes makes the game interesting. Oh and it's low respawn timer also reminds me of TF2.

I haven't played overwatch so I dunno about that one.

after playing with the other one.... Paladins really feels like TF2. Like if Valve decided to contract out a sequel. It has some similarity to Global Agenda's PvP due to how each character type works. The maps seems to be derived from TF2 maps.
It has this card system before matches and item system during matches in place that increases the strength of each hero's abilites. For example a hero called Ying can have reload for her primary weapon increased to nearly 80% reload with both cards and items stacked correctly. Which can turn her into something that can hold her ground against a team with just her weapon.
But she also has really good abilities so that you can boost those and you can turn her into someone that just won't die.

I don't know how Overwatch is like, but being able to play each hero differently by powering up different attributes makes the game interesting. Oh and it's low respawn timer also reminds me of TF2.
Yeah, I never use those silly little items during matches, ever. They further unbalance an already unbalanced game.

I'm almost completely had it with the game. Most of the characters, with only a handful of exceptions, are OP with just their weapons, and for many of them, their abilities are OP and unbalanced in one way or another. The purchasable items, during matches, only serve to eliminate trade-offs that one carefully built their character-specific set of five cards with, and they further buff what's already been buffed to hell, breaking characters even further.

Jul 26, 2016
I just figured that's the point.

At least I thought it was. After they nerfed Skye's ultimate and a few other changes I realize that isn't what they are trying to make. With that 150k contest they are building I see what they are doing. Esports.

eh. It's HiRez. It might work out for them.

I just figured that's the point.

At least I thought it was. After they nerfed Skye's ultimate and a few other changes I realize that isn't what they are trying to make. With that 150k contest they are building I see what they are doing. Esports.

eh. It's HiRez. It might work out for them.
"nerfed" her ultimate.

They didn't, actually. I've they did the opposite of what people were suggestion. If Skye was broken and unbalanced before, she's even worse now. Her ult bomb does 3000k damage, so it kills everyone, plus it has a radius that is inescapable unless you can find cover (and it sometimes clips through) or you're Androxus. With his 3x dashes he can get out of range, every other character, whether they dodge roll, took to the sky, use shields...etc. is fucked.

"nerfed" her ultimate.

They didn't, actually. I've they did the opposite of what people were suggestion. If Skye was broken and unbalanced before, she's even worse now. Her ult bomb does 3000k damage, so it kills everyone, plus it has a radius that is inescapable unless you can find cover (and it sometimes clips through) or you're Androxus. With his 3x dashes he can get out of range, every other character, whether they dodge roll, took to the sky, use shields...etc. is fucked.
well, the 3k instant dmg is better than 1k instant dmg and 1k DoT for 5 seconds....
And some others can escape it pretty easily, i just throw a poppy bomb under my feet (with the instant explosion card) and im out of the way, same for pip, just use the jumping and jump away. Drogoz should do it fine too, just go for the sky and keep flying up. x'D

Jul 26, 2016
... every other character, whether they dodge roll, took to the sky, use shields...etc. is fucked.
You can use shields, it's funny though that barik's shields works to stop it while fernado's have difficulty with it. Perhaps because barik's is immovable. Playing as Ying I have been able to use her clone swap skill to get away too. That skill is handy and perhaps annoying to players playing other heroes.

Oh and the game's hitbox is also screwy. It won't protect you from the blast while it also is too large in that it will block shots around it with invisible walls. I know Overwatch has that problem too with how they designed the hitboxes. It's like both Blizzard and HiRez thought if they made the hitboxes fit the characters then the game will be too hard for the majority of players. I know they are aiming for esports with the widest audience possible but geez...

I agree with Nunaden with the damage of skye's ult.
Before Skye could kill everyone with 5k of damage. Now it's like Bomb King's or dragnor's ult.

Though I do wish there was a item that could alter the rate of an enemy's ult charge every time the enemy was hit by the item's user's weapon. Like how we got an item that alter the health recharge, just do the same with the ult charge.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I started replaying lost planet extreme condition although its old i love this game and will play 2 and 3 once i progress
the story is cool too

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Currently Playing:
Rage
Fallout 4
Very fitting combo Mr. Solo. Would it be overkill to have Mad Max playing on the TV as well?
Post apocalyptic overload!

I think I've just deleted Fallout 4, a couple of weeks ago. Stopped playing months before that, though.

Suffers from the same thing Bethesda's Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim and FO3/NV do. They're way to ambitious and fall not even short, but far from achieving it. They want to pack so much stuff into the world, they don't give enough attention to aspects of the game and all of it ends of mediocre. Without the modding community, without the hundreds of mods that do everything from adding better resolution, better lighting, better meshes, better FPS, better memory-usage...etc. all of their big title would be mediocre, at best. And sadly, by the time one finds all the necessary mods to make it a good game, it becomes boring, because one probably ran across the entire map and did everything, or got bored of it, halfway through, because of other flaws.

I remember when Skyrim was still in development and the developers showed off the game at a convention. In the video they 1. bragged about how they have "always been about detail", *snort* which is demonstrably not true, and not just because all of their games immediately needed a HD pack, besides the mod-altered meshes and shaders. 2. They were so excited to show the new dual-wield system, dual-spells...etc. and when the game was released, the player couldn't even bind the keys, so they could comfortably switch between separate spells for each hand. No. Several different mods, all nicely achieving that, needed to be created, because Bethesda couldn't even do that, after all the patches and DLC. The main-quest was broken, and not even further in, but at the 3rd or 4th objective, when you had to move to another town and this guy behind the door wouldn't talk to you. Sure it doesn't always bugged out like that, but it was a potentially game-breaking bug, in the main-mission, almost at the beginning of the story-line, even after release, and after several patches. Who the fuck tested the game. Rhetorical. Then, when I've already quit the game, I read about some new expansion and saw in the bug's list, that some of the new content was inaccessible due to bugs. And I just had to laugh, then. I mean, the whole point of a DLC is the new content, and Bethesda fucked even that up, among 1000s of other things. To me, they are just notoriously incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.