Video-game(s) you're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2016
Seville, Southern Spain
Due FireFall is no more I'm back to playing Dragon Age Inquisition, I just love to fight Dragons :oops: and some of the enviroments where you fight are just awesome.

Here some screenshots of mine :)

My own castle in the mountains :3

Last edited:
Due FireFall is no more I'm back to playing Dragon Age Inquisition, I just love to fight Dragons :oops: and some of the enviroments where you fight are just awesome.

Here some screenshots of mine :)
There were two ways I fought every dragon. Most them I could eliminate with a mage, from a distance the dragon didn't engage me from, shooting at them for half an hour. Shameless, I know. But, I couldn't really be bothered micro-managing combat, which took equally as long. However, WHEN I was forced to fight them head-on, I did so without using even one healing potion or any other potion. I never used potions in any Dragon Age titles, before. I was only forced to use up two in that fight with that guy in the temple, after the time-traveling mission, at the end of the first Act 1 (if I got that right) and only towards the end of the fight, on my first play-through.

By micro-managing EVERY step of every character, I took down everything without having to spam healing potions like a god damn amateur. With friendly-fire. So even positioning my party to not hurt one other was something I had to pay careful attention to. In subsequent playthroughs, I did start using potions, just to try that approach and found it made the game nearly effortless. I'd wager I could've beaten the game on the hardest difficulty, too. If I wanted. But, I saw no point in doing that. I'm a filthy casual. :cool:

The easiest I've ever had it was with the specialization that gave me that magic blade attack for my mage. I built it so that with every strike it refilled my barrier and later even my armor, which made me almost invincible, I still didn't dare take on attacks directly and had to position myself accordingly, but I could slash away at everything and do quite decent damage. I loved getting up close and personal and go mad with my femme.

Jul 26, 2016
Seville, Southern Spain
There were two ways I fought every dragon. Most them I could eliminate with a mage, from a distance the dragon didn't engage me from, shooting at them for half an hour. Shameless, I know. But, I couldn't really be bothered micro-managing combat, which took equally as long. However, WHEN I was forced to fight them head-on, I did so without using even one healing potion or any other potion. I never used potions in any Dragon Age titles, before. I was only forced to use up two in that fight with that guy in the temple, after the time-traveling mission, at the end of the first Act 1 (if I got that right) and only towards the end of the fight, on my first play-through.

By micro-managing EVERY step of every character, I took down everything without having to spam healing potions like a god damn amateur. With friendly-fire. So even positioning my party to not hurt one other was something I had to pay careful attention to. In subsequent playthroughs, I did start using potions, just to try that approach and found it made the game nearly effortless. I'd wager I could've beaten the game on the hardest difficulty, too. If I wanted. But, I saw no point in doing that. I'm a filthy casual. :cool:

The easiest I've ever had it was with the specialization that gave me that magic blade attack for my mage. I built it so that with every strike it refilled my barrier and later even my armor, which made me almost invincible, I still didn't dare take on attacks directly and had to position myself accordingly, but I could slash away at everything and do quite decent damage. I loved getting up close and personal and go mad with my femme.
With the last patch (v11 or v12, I'm not sure at all) and with the implementation of Trials, difficulty can raise up so much till the point of making the game almost impossible, something nice for the most vet players that conquered Nightmare difficulty without Trials. A lot of things changed since you last played the game I guess, Knight Enchanter is no more immortal (a single archer enemy with guard/barrier penetration will blast your HP to 0 with a single attack in higher difficulties easily, yes normal mobs can use abilities too now) and yes it's a tanky specialization still but also a bit boring imho with a well balanced party, I prefer the risk of playing Reaver (the less HP the more damage you do) or the old trusty Archer (take down enemies before they can even reach you).

With the last patch (v11 or v12, I'm not sure at all) and with the implementation of Trials, difficulty can raise up so much till the point of making the game almost impossible, something nice for the most vet players that conquered Nightmare difficulty without Trials. A lot of things changed since you last played the game I guess, Knight Enchanter is no more immortal (a single archer enemy with guard/barrier penetration will blast your HP to 0 with a single attack in higher difficulties easily, yes normal mobs can use abilities too now) and yes it's a tanky specialization still but also a bit boring imho with a well balanced party, I prefer the risk of playing Reaver (the less HP the more damage you do) or the old trusty Archer (take down enemies before they can even reach you).
v11 and 12!!? :eek:

Boy, they sure had a lot of stuff to screw up then. :confused:

I generally dislike tanks, though. I felt Knight Enchanter was unbalanced, too. But, then...so is some common archer taking me down with one shot, no matter the difficulty setting. Just because they're scaled up. Most game developers still don't know what to translate difficulty/challenge into, besides scaling up grunts to be damage sponges doing insane damage of there own.

Jul 26, 2016
Seville, Southern Spain

I generally dislike tanks, though. I felt Knight Enchanter was unbalanced, too. But, then...so is some common archer taking me down with one shot, no matter the difficulty setting. Just because they're scaled up. Most game developers still don't know what to translate difficulty/challenge into, besides scaling up grunts to be damage sponges doing insane damage of there own.
I honestly find the game well balanced just because if you take into account your surroundings like columns, rocks, trees and such you can negate a lot fo such lethal damage easily, I personally never use the tactical camera to play the game, just to see how many defenses mobs have so I can change my gear accordingly before engaging them. Ofc I think it's common sense if you see an archer or mage enemy preparing a big attack just change your focus towards such menace... everything is up to the player in the end. Yea there will always "bricks" that think some if not all battles can be won with brute force... they don't know how wrong they are.

As an Archer main I really love to Snipe mobs from afar and I know what's my job in my group: to deal with Archer / Mages asap meanwhile the rest of the party deals with the Heavy / Shielded ones. Even so there is a lot of things to take into account like Guard, Armor, Barriers, Elemental damage/defense, and a big etc. when fighting humanoid mobs. Wild fauna is easy at least: big HP and low armor but beware of their high damage if you get hit (Big Black Bears or Giants in the Elven Woods cames to mind, I like how the Giants can get extreme big stones from their surroundings and throw them to you... 90% of the time means a certain death for you or someone from your party, a mage Barrier in time is the only thing that can withstand such heavy impact, after that Barrier will be on CD so beware if the giant start moving to get another rock :eek:)

I'm saying too much or so I think :confused:.

I honestly find the game well balanced just because if you take into account your surroundings like columns, rocks, trees and such you can negate a lot fo such lethal damage easily, I personally never use the tactical camera to play the game, just to see how many defenses mobs have so I can change my gear accordingly before engaging them. Ofc I think it's common sense if you see an archer or mage enemy preparing a big attack just change your focus towards such menace... everything is up to the player in the end. Yea there will always "bricks" that think some if not all battles can be won with brute force... they don't know how wrong they are.

As an Archer main I really love to Snipe mobs from afar and I know what's my job in my group: to deal with Archer / Mages asap meanwhile the rest of the party deals with the Heavy / Shielded ones. Even so there is a lot of things to take into account like Guard, Armor, Barriers, Elemental damage/defense, and a big etc. when fighting humanoid mobs. Wild fauna is easy at least: big HP and low armor but beware of their high damage if you get hit (Big Black Bears or Giants in the Elven Woods cames to mind, I like how the Giants can get extreme big stones from their surroundings and throw them to you... 90% of the time means a certain death for you or someone from your party, a mage Barrier in time is the only thing that can withstand such heavy impact, after that Barrier will be on CD so beware if the giant start moving to get another rock :eek:)

I'm saying too much or so I think :confused:.
LOL

All those giants, one after the other...a bit too much. One at every turn!

Jul 26, 2016
I was given a copy of Crysis 3 since I had never actually played it. Played the previous versions but never the third one.
well if ever do, in the first level you get a bow. This thing is so damn OP, you can use it for everything up to the last boss.

You can collect old arrows if they they don't break. You can change heads of the arrows but that tends to break arrows and you can change your draw-weight which is how you can kill both armored and non-armored foes quite easily (aim for the head or face/neck). And you can fire multiple arrows without losing your stealth as opposed to the rest of your weapons which kills your stealth if you fire them while in stealth mode. And since it's a bow, it's your to go weapon for silent killing.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany

Was the knight enchanter that mage class with that magical "light saber"?
Because with the mage" light saber" class i was so OP i soloed every dragon on every level

THEN PLAY SKYRIM. you're basically an UNKILLABLE NAKED FREAK, DICK SLAPING THE WORLD POPULATION TO DEATH
Ahah! Yeah. Been there, done that.

Don't even get me started on that. Without the modding community, Bethesda's games would be mediocre at best. The Elders Scrolls series and Fallout series, both.

Well... i started to play some Blockstorm again. Mainly cause of skin making... and it brought me a little bit closer to file manipulation.
I wanted to turn my carbine skin into a sniper rifle skin. I manipulated the body part and set then a scope on it... In block storm the skins are made so, that you cannot remove certain blocks. I was able to replace teh whole skin and to remove the non-removable blocks, though the bipod got removed to get it into shape... well... in the end i made a scope that was out partly out of teh normal scope bounds. gonna make a Mosina skin this way too. xD

TankHunter678

Jul 26, 2016
Been playing The Legend of Heroes series, specifically Trails of Cold Steel 2. Looking forward to Trails in the Sky the Third coming next year.

Ahhh great RPGs are food for the soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.