The Omniframe Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2016
So... We going to have an thing familiar like in Titanfall? Mechs and other stuff? :p
well since this is based on UE4 so they will probably grab something from their marketplace and alter it for their use.
something like...
fuck. this forum won't let me place the video at the correct time.
Skip ahead to 1:58 to see what I mean.

I figure we are going to be that size while the thmper will be far larger.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
@Grummz I do not know who the artist is but here is the link I found it at. There is the option to send the uploader a message though it says they have uploaded almost 120,000 images on the site so they themselves might not know.

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
I get the oversimplification of the female role. Yet, keep in mind that all of this is a fantasy.

Non of you are perfect.

Deso

Veteran
Jul 26, 2016
well since this is based on UE4 so they will probably grab something from their marketplace and alter it for their use.
something like...
fuck. this forum won't let me place the video at the correct time.
Skip ahead to 1:58 to see what I mean.

I figure we are going to be that size while the thmper will be far larger.

Moar inspiration? :D

So it's not a frame or even a suit, it's actually a mecha.

Not a big fan of exposed pilot, this might work for moving cargo around in a safety of a base, but not exploring hostile territory and fighting.

Things don't have to be realistic in video games, but the feeling of immersion into the world comes from believing that this might work. And I would expose my arms and legs before my chest and head with all the vitals .

I doubt it will happen, but it's never too late to put some armor around the pilot, if you want to make a game with mechas, might as well make mechas look like mechas. Just allow (or require) players to walk around the base without the mecha, so character customization would still be important (and that actually would make sense, soldiers don't walk around safe bases in full battle great ;) )
I agree. The exposed pilot doesn't really make sense to me. Awesome artwork tho! :)

Jul 27, 2016
Who's the artist, btw? Or source?
@Grummz I do not know who the artist is but here is the link I found it at. There is the option to send the uploader a message though it says they have uploaded almost 120,000 images on the site so they themselves might not know.
Reverse image lookup, I think I traced it back to the original on DeviantArt (the original isn't that 'polished')

Joxnflost:
http://joxnflost.deviantart.com/art/Kiber-Punk-404644583

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2016
that frame looks horrible! offense! sorry, but i'm not gonna tell you that your turds smell nice, like some of the fanboys on here.
i guess the reason for the exposed pilot is so everyone can see all the dumb cosmetics they put on? hurray individualism! let's all look like clowns!
that design screams mmo. a term i thought you wanted to distance yourselves from.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
that frame looks horrible! offense! sorry, but i'm not gonna tell you that your turds smell nice, like some of the fanboys on here.
i guess the reason for the exposed pilot is so everyone can see all the dumb cosmetics they put on? hurray individualism! let's all look like clowns!
that design screams mmo. a term i thought you wanted to distance yourselves from.
What dumb cosmetic? i see no dumb cosmetic like clown suit or what ever. Oh look, Borderlands has some dumb cosmetic AND IT'S NOT EVEN AN MMO.
Do tell us, how's CS-GO an mmo with all it ridiculous skins?

Rubezahl

Gatestrider
Ark Liege
Jul 29, 2016
Pluto, Sol System
I've read some insightful comments on the 'exposure' of the pilot. I would like to offer up a 'field' or clear armored canopy that protects the pilot from the environment and combat, but still allows them to see/be seen. During exploration and just standing around looking cool, it can be see-through. In times of duress, it can be 'opaqued' to protect the pilot.

In game-sense this would allow us to have 'skins' on an entire vehicle, but also allow us to have a visible pilot if we wish.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
@Grummz It has been confirmed that @Vladplaya did make that design so now we welcome our newest recipient of the Ember Volunteer badge. Thank you Vladplaya for offering your ideas with the community and thank you Ember dev team for putting in the work to make all this happen.

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
@Ronyn @Grummz Thank you! Once again I want to say that is really cool that this was considered and implemented. It might feel like insignificant change to some, but it really does adds different feel of the game to others, and this way both groups can be happy and hopefully will be enjoying the game with whichever version works best when it comes to immersion into the Ember and its world!
This is really cool!

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
This Project Genom game looks promising. :)

Still in alpha.

Already has a lot of the stuff I mentioned I'd like Ember to have. In writing, anyway.

While Ember is in development and if Firefall dies, I'll only have Defiance to fall back on, for MMO (and maybe No Man's Sky - found a torrent for it, actually. Heh.) Those and small indie-games like Ghost 1.0 and Seraph.
Yeah, it isn't bad. It is still a work in progress. Worth keeping an eye on though.

BananMen8

Sep 8, 2016
it looks nice but I still prefer battleframes and Ember can't be Firefall's "Spiritual Successor" without battleframes, I mean, Mechs aren't bad but I would like to have some choice between battleframe and mech
it could be something like battleframes as a "light" infantry and a mechs as a suppressor or fire support class

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.