Old Firefall players, please respond!

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Even though I have commented on here I have not officially reported in, or at least can't find the post lol.

May 2011, Mahdi Clan Smexy reporting in. Miss the beta days big time.

Kamikaze

Aug 14, 2017
Oh boy, here we go again. I joined Firefall in 2012. My favorite frame was the Dreadnought. I can't describe how much I miss that game. How much time I spend on it. No game ever has created in me such an immense expectation and joy. Like Em-8ER is doing right now.

I wasn't a founder in Firefall, I joined for free and never spend a dime on it. Not because I was a cheapfuc, but because I sincerely didn't have any money. I have now, and if I see that this game heads on any direction that it's similar to Firefall, I will contribute to the future of it.

Don't disappoint me.

Aug 11, 2016
Oh boy, here we go again. I joined Firefall in 2012. My favorite frame was the Dreadnought. I can't describe how much I miss that game. How much time I spend on it. No game ever has created in me such an immense expectation and joy. Like Em-8ER is doing right now.

I wasn't a founder in Firefall, I joined for free and never spend a dime on it. Not because I was a cheapfuc, but because I sincerely didn't have any money. I have now, and if I see that this game heads on any direction that it's similar to Firefall, I will contribute to the future of it.

Don't disappoint me.
You'd better hope it doesn't go in the direction that Firefall went... because Firefall went down the garbage disposal. :rolleyes:

Polaris

Aug 19, 2017
Was a part of the Firefall beta. Good times. I stopped playing when the game put less emphasis on the war aspect. Cool to see a spiritual successor to the original idea, but I do miss the FF lore. I thought the chosen were really interesting. Does anyone know if they put a document out with the story plans for the chosen? Would be interesting to read.

RacerX

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Sep 3, 2016
Was a part of the Firefall beta. Good times. I stopped playing when the game put less emphasis on the war aspect. Cool to see a spiritual successor to the original idea, but I do miss the FF lore. I thought the chosen were really interesting. Does anyone know if they put a document out with the story plans for the chosen? Would be interesting to read.
Hi Polaris. you could poke around here: https://firefall.gamepedia.com/The_Firefall_Timeline and other pages there.

The FireFall forum is back up, but I wouldn't log into for fear of hackers

Aug 23, 2017
I entered Firefall 3 days before the official launch (or I believe it was the launch. The patch brought about the reduction of the complex crafting system into 3 or 4 things). Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed enough to experience Firefall in all its true glory and grandeur, but there was one thing that this game offered apart from the plethora of games that now plague the market: POTENTIAL.

It was the crafting system of over a hundred of resources and the mining or THUMPER that was complex yet intriguing, that required time and dedication to learn, that required the player to use pen and paper to know the best way to craft; it was the prospect of an open world sci-fi shooter that questioned the definition of a safe zone and incited the feeling of reality into binary digits; it was the charisma of the game, the NPCs, the voice acting (of course, forget not Aero whose brazilian accent surely touched the hearts of many), the lore that was mysterious and was slowly unveiling itself as a rare blossoming flower; it was the gameplay, the world in constant attack, the ARES Pilots fighting a battle seemingly lost yet still full of hope. Firefall was POTENTIAL.

I remember thumping for the first time and the subsequent confusion that the rewards screen brought me; I remember looking at the crating screen and the market and standing at awe at the possibilities of gear customization; I remember looking at the character screen with the horizontal progression and the min/maxing aspect of the gears; I remember the community that was shockingly helpful to new players like I was; I remember making the human tower at Copacabana and the first time I truly felt like a part of an online community; I remember logging off at the very last moment before the server shut down for patching and waiting until I can re-enter my credentials and bask in the wonders of this virtual world.

I remember knowing that this was the game that would like to play for a very long time, the game wherein I will truly strive to be great, the game that I'd like to patronize.

I remember knowing that the game had POTENTIAL.

But of course, I'm not allowed to have anything nice. =DD

Hello everyone! =D
P.s. Thank you for reading.

Last edited: