Old Firefall players, please respond!

farias

Ark Liege
Aug 17, 2020
Brazil
Hi guys. Old Firefall thumper fart here..... Still got the FF poster :)
would love to experience somthing like firefall again, but for now all i see from this game is cosmetic sales going through the roof...... I save my money till we have a real game this time... hope to see you in there.... keeping my hopes low tho..
While Firefall may no longer be available, it's important to remember the positive aspects it brought to our gaming journeys.
So cherish the memories you have and the friendships you forged during your time in the game. It's a testament to the power of gaming and the impact it can have on our lives.

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Hi guys. Old Firefall thumper fart here..... Still got the FF poster :)
would love to experience somthing like firefall again, but for now all i see from this game is cosmetic sales going through the roof...... I save my money till we have a real game this time... hope to see you in there.... keeping my hopes low tho..

I WHOLE HEARTEDLY agree
how long has this been going on???
this has become a "look at how pretty we made this"
seems that theres no cake just the toppings.
I do continue popping in to see if anything has changed but truth be told I dont feel that this will get completed.
That is just my opinion & hope that i am totally wrong, but theres so little progress shown to support my opinion

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I WHOLE HEARTEDLY agree
I do continue popping in to see if anything has changed but truth be told I dont feel that this will get completed.
That is just my opinion & hope that i am totally wrong, but theres so little progress shown to support my opinion
There is small progress it's when that progress is implemented into the newer demo versions?
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/no-zero-days.2380/page-5#post-70719

Also hope your wrong too, since saving up for a new pc to play this game particularly.

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016

Pave

Commander
Dec 12, 2016
twitter.com
---
I WHOLE HEARTEDLY agree
---
I know main-thread-wise this is certainly off-topics.
But with the recent ever so more increasing "trendy-hating" on "Early Access" and other "perpetual-development / neverending-beta"-products, I'd say this the good spot to finally toss in my though I've held long enough:

I for one have started accept more the mentality that rather than just simply investing into a "product" I am purchasing an "experience"
( or "utility" in case of actual tools for example ).
For me, this has been the case with "Firefall" and "Em8ber"
( granted, I've been "grandfathered" from Firefall so no new fresh-cash given yet over here ).

Do I feel extreme miffed due being "bait & switched" especially in case of Firefall when it was "released" back in 2014?
Absolutely!
In many ways, I certainly do wish I could get back my dosh and invest into something else today
( though, reality is that same +100$/€ certainly ain't same value as it was back in years 2010-2013 ).

Let's be realistic though:
For everything to get done, resources are needed.
And in case Em8ber, Crixa Labs have decided to make their product via crowdfunding / being funded by "normies" rather than some mega-investors
( at least as far I am aware that is ).
Sure, they're "selling promises" with various kinds of incentive (promises) like the skins.

But again referencing to beginning of my post, perhaps simply changing the mentality from "product" to "experience" could help here, especially when taking this further with a "satisfied-pirate"-mentality where one would purchase the product after already gotten the experience
( although, "money-back / satisfaction guarantee" probably wouldn't apply in this case ).

I suppose my main of mine here is:
Thinking beyond of just the "product" itself certainly can help making smarter investments.
And here in case Em8ber if one would like to throw in some cash just for the sake enjoying all the development stories and such, I for one say that could be "money well earned"
( or at least, I personally enjoy following the progression of this project and the interaction with the staff ).
---

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
here in case Em8ber if one would like to throw in some cash just for the sake enjoying all the development stories and such, I for one say that could be "money well earned"
Progression is worth it and when that progress is shown in the demo then that is very satisfying!
I am sure many of us even the dev's get excited by these progress, because then we can see better things happening in the game i'd like to think.

Time waits for no Reaper that keeps on going.... unless your trapped in the time loop hmm

WarpNine

Jan 26, 2017
I enjoyed playing FireFall for several hours each day for several years, and even invested a few hundred dollars in it over that time for founder's perks for my son and I. Then I got hospitalized and was out of comission for about 6 months from a spider bite (that very nearly killed me - literally). When I was finally able to get back to the game again - I found that in order to drive the economy in a more pay-to-win direction, they'd nerfed a lot of the weapons (so even "average peons" could be pretty hard to survive) and changed the degradation mechanics so weapons broke down very quickly - often long before most single quest activities could reasonably be completed. To my "run and gun, blow stuff up" play style, this really took all the fun out of it and a few months later the game and the company were sadly shuttered and gone.

Been following the Em-8er project since its launch and wishing Grummz the best at leading it. I just recently got access to the Em-8er mock ups which I've been exploring. So far I like the simple improvements over FF that I've seen - like the richer art work, improved graphics, no obvious motion or walking on air glitches, the ability to survive under water, and the beginnings of some nice weapon systems. All that I've seen makes me excited for the future! I don't know if there is any place where anyone is collecting comments and suggestions, but I probably have a few of those too! (And oh yeah, I need some health kits too)! -:)

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
I haven't seen those wings before was that from an event?
I believe they were compensation rewards when switching to the new crafting system in the late Closed beta or early Open Beta...I don't remember when the switch happened. The switch made certain resources useless and the devs wanted to compensate players, so you could turn the useless resources in for points, or try your luck in the slot machine, and earn special skins like these glider wings, a bike skin, and some other stuff. (I also believe this was the first major change in the downward spiral of FF).

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I threw a serious hissy fit over those.

I'm pretty sure those would be illegal in Europe etc, nowadays. Ah, yes but now we have the battle pass. The lesser of two i guess.

Deep Rock Galactic Battle Pass is a good one as it is free and if you didn't get it for that season then that would be put into the general pool to get it even after the season is expired.