Milestone 2 is NOW LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishkin

Gatestrider
Aug 11, 2016
France
My heart is balanced between the Gatestrider and the Max Kahuna. I know some of you may say that it's not the same price ... but if there is more 3D printed models like Omniframe and other stuff (why not a vehicle) which will need to put at least 100 dollars to get it, in the end it'll be the same as taking Max Kahuna. Thing is I'm wondering about the size of the THMPR 3D printed bust and I would prefer to get the FULL game (with expansions) than having ten copies (hope to get an answer for those questions). All my wishes are in this game, I never played a game as much as Firefall. I dream to see what Firefall could have been through Ember !
Can't wait to see what's coming in the futur ..

(forgot to say : sorry for my English, there might be some mistakes)

Last edited:

Thunderstrike

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Aug 29, 2016
My heart is balanced between the Gatestrider and the Max Kahuna. I know some of you may say that it's not the same price ... but if there is more 3D printed models like Omniframe and other stuff (why not a vehicle) which will need to put at least 100 dollars to get it, in the end it'll be the same as taking Max Kahuna. Thing is I'm wondering about the size of the THMPR 3D printed bust and I would prefer to get the FULL game (with expansions) than having ten copies (hope to get an answer for those questions). All my wishes are in this game, I never played a game as much as Firefall. I dream to see what Firefall could have been through Ember !
Can't wait to see what's coming in the futur ..

(forgot to say : sorry for my English, there might be some mistakes)
I think that it's best for you to choose for yourself. It's important to remember that for the time being the target is a playable mock-up, so while putting down $4500 (which would be the total amount of the Max Kahunas not counting the final milestone) will help the dev team, we're hitting all the milestone targets and that amount of money may be better spent on the full-time development milestone, assuming that the overfunding isn't already going to that goal. It's your money at the end of the day, but if you're really serious you should PM @Grummz and ask him what to do.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
FYI, you don't need to do Max Kahuna every milestone. Max Kahuna includes ALL rewards in the future of all perks (up to and including playable mockup), but not the rewards for the KS or after.

I'm hugely touched by the support you've all shown. I'll be posting an update by tomorrow on how the fundraising is going and our plans. But for now, THANK YOU!!!!

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Yay, all done. I still don't see the need for all of the physical bling. 14 S&H could have gone towards the game which is where I'd prefer the mulah to go towards.
With you on that one, rather 100% of the wonga goes straight into development.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
There appears to be a few people concerned with possible burnout of the fan base. Better to have more lower tier backers and less higher level ones, that kind of thing. In my opinion, that's a totally legit viewpoint.

However. The current goal, as I understand it, is to get to a playable thumper encounter. So allow me to be blunt. That is the point where shit gets real. That is the point where we have game play to show off. That is the point where screenshots of some basic fun game play might be possible, shots that might get posted to many many gaming sites. That is the point where the community gets to take some real action in youtube video format to a wider potential audience. As such, that is the point where a kickstarter will happen. And that in turn is something that only a small number of people will likely make happen. Until we get there, there isn't a lot to go on. But right now, we have those small numbers of determined people.

That is why I changed my mind and became the second Big Kahuna. Apparently there is now a t̶h̶i̶r̶d̶ fourth (EDIT: ladies and gentlemen, we have a cascade). Mad props to the first, because that was never going to be me.

So to all those concerned that things might burn out, let me say one thing.

Firefall faded away. If this one does not have legs, then let it burn out. It should be clear that I don't see this happening easily. But please, you don't need to be money in to stop that from happening.

You might be one of those people posting threads about how FTP players should move on. If that's you, then maybe you should. Or maybe, just maybe, you should hang around. Maybe, you could promote the game. Maybe, you could bring people in. There's now at least 3̶0̶ 40 copies of the game up for grabs at no cost. Maybe you might earn one. Are you really that small minded that you might dismiss such an idea?

From the person who backs the game at the highest initial tier ( not me btw, that was the guys and girls from https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ember-forums-website-art-videogames/x/14573513#/ for which I was a $15 backer) to the third tier backer of the second fundraiser, to the person who put's in $1 because they can afford no more right now. Contributions take many formats. And no contribution is too small.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.