Video-game(s) you're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Postal 2, again

Nothing like setting a marching band on fire, watching them spread the fire to other people in a crowd and putting them all out with my piss. Or seeing how many heads I can slice off in a line of people when I throw a scythe. Also, you can use cats as silencers.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I recently got the early alpha on steam of Wolcen. It is rather fun as it uses cryengine so it has fun effects and environmental things like water and rain and day/night in an 'action-RPG' format. Its quite entertaining and seems off to a good start. They apparently (I never heard of it before steam) had a good kickstarter funding just like EM8-ER will have!

I am starting with Elex as well, but is is not what I thought it would be. The mechanics for using the jet packs are not fluid and combat (at least for me with keyboard and mouse) is horrible. However, it so far feels like they have made a huge huge effort to tell an RPG story. There so far is endless voiced dialog and many many ways to complete things and choices with consequences and all that. I wish combat were better. I wish it moved a bit faster since the chatting can go on forever with the NPCs and there is not way to push through it. However, if you want a relaxed story driven RPG and want to hear 1000 to 10000 hours of voiced NPCs telling you stuff - it's a winner! It kind of makes me want to play Fallout which has good RPG and also combat and a whole lot more... I also wonder why if humans are on another planet they shipped old Earth cars and built old Earth buildings? It is supposed to be on another planet, I think. It sure feels like earth.

Elex has some terraforming aspects and the like as we will have but very very different. It is not at all combat focused but all story as far as I can tell. Verdict is not out yet. I haven't looked at reviews or community feedback either!

Jul 26, 2016
I am starting with Elex as well, but is is not what I thought it would be. The mechanics for using the jet packs are not fluid and combat (at least for me with keyboard and mouse) is horrible.
All of Piranha Bytes games are like that. I think it's a design choice or style of theirs that they are very stubborn about.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I'm giving Elex more time, but it sure is done badly. As a perfect example, I just had a nice long chat with the Hunter guy's apprentice who told me all about how he lost his bow and could NOT make a new one and had NO bow! All this time I was staring at the BOW on his back! I can jump into the "pit" scrap heap and then when walking OUT of it the guard at the entrance says, "Hey, don't go in there." Did he not notice that I was walking OUT of it and was ALREADY in there?

Why are there old Earth cars all over? Did everyone bring old Earth cars on spaceships to park by old buildings as decorations? Why do I collect forks, knives, dinner plates and mugs so much and walk by all sorts of other much more valuable and nicely modeled and rendered things? Why do I get 2 xp for killing an Earth sized rat (about the size of my foot) which can't damage me at all, but I get 10 xp for killing a rat the size of an ox which will kill me in a few bites? I could go on... I will go on! I can stand still unmoving in a fight and regain no stamina, but if I pause from running to exhaustion I regain 100% stamina in 1 second. It also has plenty of the AI bugs where a critter will stand still while I shoot arrows into it one by one until it dies... like the sloppy AI of days of yore.

I can see why so many reviews are so negative. It's kind of sad as it clearly has had some love put into it by the devs there, but it's got herpes and crabs galore as well.

Jul 26, 2016
Destiny 2 on PC. Never played the first one since I had no interest in buying a console.

Got home from work at 2 AM and decided to try it out for a three hours then go to bed. At the moment I don't understand the stupid arguement from some people against aim assist on controllers for the PC game since I use a trackball/keyboard and it's super easy to get head shots even when you are dodging fire like a headless chicken. Perhaps that's because I picked the sniper class. Maybe it's different on the other classes?

Edit

Taking my time and playing this slowly. There is a bunch of open world places where random players can play together with missions that occur within this open world much like how firefall was. And like firefall there are a few missions that only a small group or a single player can do.

The game has a lot of different weapons which is nice. Gives you plenty of choice to find the best way to play. I also noticed that targeting weak points does so much damage that it really doesn't matter if you want to wait a few levels before upgrading your stuff if you are playing as a hunter. (i.e. I was using level 10 weapons at level 15 with no problems).

The super ability and super powered weapons with limited ammo they give you isn't completely OP and there is a lot of choice in how to use it and you can alter it on the fly.
All the weapons have some options that you can swap out during combat like different scopes or barrels.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Warframe already got boring...mostly because I got tired of grinding for the 5000 plastids I need to craft the crap I want. So a steam friend hooked me up with the expansion to Grim Dawn. Ultimately it us a much slower and less "pretty" of a game compared to Diablo III but I like the gritty look of it. It is far superior in building yoir character too. Currently crossing up both the new classes in the game woth inquisitor and necromancer while doing anything with fire + overall % damage in the devotion constellations. Other than a lot of running around when fighting bosses, I nuke the he'll pit of everything else.

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
Semi-Spoiler Alert: (Anyone that feels they can privately instruct me (written text) how to make these special hidden spoiler things will be appreciated and graciously thanked.)

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (The “Unofficial” [lost its license] Lord of the rings game)

The art and visuals in this game are awesome! This is an area that I appreciate greatly in games too. We spend so much time at our pcs exploring ether, these amazing creations of interactive art are very welcome and refreshing. To every artist (Designer, Developer, Programmer, etc.) that contributed efforts toward the release of this project, THANK YOU. If you don’t have a system that can fully render the game your missing out big time, go somewhere and play a bit at full render and you’ll understand.

Game play normal difficulty, moving though the game was very immersive. The bug bitch whispering in the back of your ear guiding you through the adventure (5.1 or better sound required) was interestingly helpful. I think anyone playing without headphones is going to be playing a totally different game, a surround sound system could help but just can’t replicate the sensation of a whisper coming into one ear from behind. The first one I remember actually startled me, I turned around at my desk to see who was behind me, lol I was alone in a locked building…

The Orcs, Uruks, Olog Hai all fun to battle and each with interesting skill sets (Up to the top levels). The trash talk from the enemies was … okay. I am not really sure where I stand with that, some of it was playful, expected and welcome for this type of game and the rest… meh.

Upon first completion I felt the relief of finishing a task, not quit the relief of completing an epic adventure, though completion. Then….

With more SADNESS, SORROW, and MORNING as one could possibly employed, the surviving creators ended the game. Why, why, why WHY! end such a grand creation with such a low tone? This has placed a permanent stain on any game that could every come from these developers (WB, Havok, Monolith, etc.) for me in the future, forever even if the choice was not theirs. In all my future replays through the game I will never play it again through to the end, ever, just to avoid this.

Micheal Forgey is an awesome being (spirit); every time the game opens “Warner Brothers” should be celebrating his life by thanking him, not waiting until an un-informed player finally (if ever) completes the game to teach them who that Orc was that rescued them that time*…

To keep the rest of the post short –ish; game->play was bad…
The “Nemesis” system is a forced system, observed by my experience, there WILL BE an orc even the best player cannot beat and it does not matter if the player is max level with maxed gear and the orc is lowest level, it will happen. You can run to avoid it, bring back help and defeat fate for a moment, but it will come…. You will be fighting your final battle for a realm, having killed 20+ captains and 100’s of orcs personally (not including what your orcs do) to get to the final chamber, you will fight that final boss for more than an hour straight (smoke break time deducted), killing 100s and 100s of respawning Uruks and Olog to both stay alive and rebuild might/wraith to reach either a point where; at full health from across the room behind solid shielding with no helper orcs the close range only “Dazed” boss will one hit kill you with a new skill it learned during the battle your currently fighting, or you will be on some open world task fighting one much higher leveled captain and be ambushed by three more high leveled captains; and when you finally get the forth one’s health down close enough for a final blow (up to 20 minutes of fighting) the action itself becomes so slow because the system is working so hard forcing the loss that it seemingly stops allowing ANY user input and forces the player to stand still in the middle of battle… FOR SECONDS! While enemy ocrs pummel you. Then after an eternity ( 3-25 seconds for real ) of waiting to be allowed to interact with the game again the captain steps up with its animation sequence for final blow*… These are just a few failures of the forced nemesis system I could go on…

*This is where I first meet Forthog, thank you for the save bro…, though it sucks we could not have met under better circumstances. Just sayin, forced to near death just so you can be saved, it really lessens the effect. You know, like pushing someone into oncoming traffic just so you can save their life with CPR kind of thing…

P.S. Mark the Bar is getting pretty high ;-)

Jul 26, 2016
Playing this. Slowly.

[edit]
You get a upgrade choice halfway through the game. I chose the stealth one. It's bugged though. It's supposed to let you automatically crawl into tiny places that you couldn't before. Problem is that except for pipes, you have to shoot the tiny place prior to entering for the game to register that the tiny place is there for you to enter. Good thing though is that it also slows time while crouched for a few seconds when seeing an enemy and silences your movement while crouched.

The game is weird. Difficulty is higher than most games because the enemies have perfect accuracy and can drain your health nearly as fast as you can on every difficulty except for Baby difficulty. Which means this game is now a cover shooter if you are going guns blazing.... which will happen even if you play with stealth because the devs like dropping you into closed arenas during the game.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Warframe already got boring...mostly because I got tired of grinding for the 5000 plastids I need to craft the crap I want
If its farming those stuff should gather a group and farm it!
I tend to walk alot than ninja jump and rush things that way i wont miss on the loots :p
Plus using those things on the planet to excavate for stuff i forget what they are called hmm

walking and ninja rolls are good for me especially getting close up and using a vaykor hek :D

Path of Exile
freakin summoner build witch FTW xD jsut sit back and spam that raging spirits while your zombies and scelletons tank everything and then throw either a devouring totem for heal or the corpse destroying skill to give em the speedboost - and either summon some knifewaves or firerain to keep stuff in check

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Morrowind with OpenMW. It's much better and more stable on modern computers than the original engine, it's cross platform so you can play it natively on Linux an Mac, it's open source, and there's even ACTUALLY WORKING MULTIPLAYER if you use TES3MP (haven't tried it myself, but it looks ok)!

Status
Not open for further replies.