What weapons would you like to see?

I have always been a fan of fully automatic shotguns, and have stated so in the past. These exist now, in the real world, and the technology is at the state now where they are virtually without recoil.

Mind you, I'm not speaking of the shotgun that the Arsenal had, which had not only a very limited amount of ammo (10 or 12 max IIRC) but also had wild recoil.
Well, i know what you mean. and if you want to know what my favorite FA shotgun is than i can give you one name ^^: Saiga FA (for me/us known as Saigay FA, Doomsday device, Saiga Zombie hunter or just zombie hunter. Yeah, that are the names this hell o' thing is known in CW pic: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CO8QkVb8GJ4/maxresdefault.jpg)

Yrkul

Jul 27, 2016
I really hated the elemental and weapon type prefixes. I found it a profound expression of laziness to simply change mechanics on existing weapons, rather than design new ones with appropriate properties and handling.

One of my personal favorites in FF was the HMG. Hopefully we'll have miniguns akin to the M134, this time with the grip across the weapon, as well as varying barrel lengths, barrel amount and bore (possibly through crafting).

Yrkul

Jul 27, 2016
actually just tried to tease you. a M134D can't be carried, its vehicle mounted after all...
A few man-portable versions exists, but they are about as rare as functional Pancor Jackhammers. However, they're not really viable as infantry weapons, since the recoil tend to push the firer backwards, silly amounts of ammo needs to be carried as well, firing from the harness is rather imprecise and the firing stance exposes the firer.

Once we start using powerarmour, we can discuss the viability of man-portable miniguns, but until then the weapon is mainly suited for action movies and video games.

meh, i got a RP character that uses a strength and speed increasing exosceleton, a M134D would work on her, but... she would still prefer her AR and SMG xD

(you can look at her in teh RP sheet, she's called larulir :D a small preference to my female elf LOTRO chara, the other one was called nunaden and was a male human ^^ (im commonly using Tux0n0 or Xandar rather than Nunaden, but it was nice for an MMORPG ^^ what FF kinda was))

OziriusSVK

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Slovakia
In Firefall every weapon could deal any elemental damage. Bad thing. We need more variety. We should be able to use for example toxic rounds, but their main damage would still be kinetic (physics) and than a small elemental damage. I'd like elements to have a specific role, you can always install a different alt-fire weapon with different element. Just let's not get into that bullshit we had in Firefall (changing elements in all weapons), we can have ammo with something inside, but there is no damn way to change the damage of a bullet to toxic damage.
Yes, you have very good point. This is why I would prefer we cary with ourself few types of different ammo magazines, which can be quickly changed during combat and these types of ammo would have tactical meanings (ammo with supercooled liquid to freeze the enemy or freeze their armor so you can shatter it, ammo with electrostatic charge to deal minor dmg but can shock the enemy, ammo filled with napalm to set enemy on fire=DOT with no direct dmg, ammo that create gravitational anomaly that pull enemy toward center but no other dmg, ...). And now we are not bind by just one "elemental" weapon prefix.

Ruv

Veteran
Jul 28, 2016
Other than the ones posted, i think grenade could be a fun item to play with alongside the weapons. We could have the normal grenades doing AOE damage, stun grenades stunning the player for a few seconds or maybe make their screen all wobbly, flash bang to blind em, smoke grenade for cover/escape, heal grenades for support characters for the standard ones.

Not so standard ones,
-teleport grenade? You throw to the point you wanna teleport to and wham! You're there!
-Pet grenade! Aim at a mob/player, throw and let your pet eat em up!
-Force field grenade, Aim at a spot you want to create a force field, be it protecting yourself/team mate, lasts only like 2/3 secs.
-Invisibility grenade, covers the target ie yourself or team member with invisibility, either visually or maybe from radar detection, also a few secs.

Oh oh! Lets make it that the grenades themselves are visible on the players and snipers can hit and blow the grenades up, it may be evil but depends on what type of grenade you're holding. :D

Yrkul

Jul 27, 2016
Yes, you have very good point. This is why I would prefer we cary with ourself few types of different ammo magazines, which can be quickly changed during combat and these types of ammo would have tactical meanings (ammo with supercooled liquid to freeze the enemy or freeze their armor so you can shatter it, ammo with electrostatic charge to deal minor dmg but can shock the enemy, ammo filled with napalm to set enemy on fire=DOT with no direct dmg, ammo that create gravitational anomaly that pull enemy toward center but no other dmg, ...). And now we are not bind by just one "elemental" weapon prefix.
We had "chambers" in Firefall at one point, which would add elemental effects for a period.

Or it could go the System Shock 2/Deus Ex route, with several ammo types for a weapon and the ability to swap between them while you still had any of that type in your inventory.

Jul 27, 2016
Ooooh I want so many weapons... Know what though, no 'sidearm' weapons like in Firefall. I'd much rather have a larger pool of primary weapons with interesting/customizable alternate effects.

Like an actual viable assault rifle primary weapon. Having a general all-rounder weapon is always good, and the basic nature of the weapon could leave it open for a wide variety of special effects that I'm sure more creative people could come up with.

Or handgun weapons as primaries. Dual wielding perhaps?? And not just two pistols, say a pistol and... a melee weapon? Or some type of utility?

Projectile-lobbers are fantastic fun, get a variety of drop/projectile speed weapons with different effects. Rocket launchers and grenade launchers could go wild with customization of course, so many payload options... I always loved the Accord plasma cannon in Firefall as well, would love to see something similar.

And of course you need your precision rifles. Several, from a semi-auto mid-range plinker to your classic bolt-action melon-smasher.

Kryusien

Jul 29, 2016
I'd like to see a Power Hammer as a weapon. However, I'm pretty sure such a weapon will so overpowered that you'll have to ask your high command for permission to use it. Aaand only they can activate it for you remotely...

Jul 28, 2016
I like the idea of railguns for kinetic. Armour piercing depleted uranium ammo for the rail guns. Slower firing guns should do more damage per round.

Tank type frames could use a back pack fed 3k rounds per minute mini gun (with explosive rounds available).

I liked the original gun for the Firecat in Firefall (before they turned it into some glorified flamethrower). Alt fire had a nice long range.

Jul 31, 2016
Hmm...all the old FireFall weapons they had in 0.5 with the addition of the LMG.

Plasmacannon and it's cousins were my favorite weapons and was also kinda where I drew the line on futuristic weapons.
Never really liked the Laser HMG or all the other elemental weapons, laser beam, plasma assault rifles and shotguns etc.

Alltime favorite weapon in FPS games is the Devastator from Duke Nukem 3D and the Flak Cannon from Unreal.

Hyperg

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Bucharest, Romania
I like @NimbusCloud's idea of a big sniper rifle (I mained a NH in FireFall after all :p). There was something magically rewarding about how that weapon worked, headshot with the local AOE bonus of a kill. Aaanyways, that's definitely on my top list.

And after that, probably the HMG, Plasma cannon and the plain old assault rifle, but with a tighter spread, common sense range falloff, the works. You know, the med range tool of a soldier.

As for damage types, if the outcome of adding thermal/bio/electric/magnetic/karma/psychological damage is that it's more fun to play, ye, I'm up for it. Just don't lock a particular type of damage to a specific type of gun (which might not be that popular) and have that as a requirement because the AlmightyBugOfDoom#4 cannot be killed otherwise ;)

Aimath

Jul 28, 2016
Wroclaw/Poland
Two-handed swords (single target, fast), axes (arc speed in the middle), maces (aoe, slowest but massive dmg) on the back + assault rifle with 3 shooting mode (single - if you attach scope it can be middle range middle dmg sniper rifle ; burst (my favourite ;)) and full auto. Changing clips change damage type so you need craft every possible clip. Clips are weaker (75%?) then weapon with specific damage type) :)

Jul 26, 2016
we don't even have a solid theme yet, so i have no idea what i really want. i don't have a feel of the game yet.

but Biotech Needler is a must have. the Battle Rifle/Shotgun combination was excellent. good flexibility and the Life Leeching was great.

-_-
get out. don't bring that crap up.

Last edited: