What weapons would you like to see?

Vedemin

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Hello everyone!

I'd like to know what weapons would you like to get. Weapons are divided into their damage types:
- Thermal - focuses on AoE, DoT and is good vs unarmored targets, deals less to no damage to armor. Plasma weapons, flamethrowers, explosions, Michael Bay, stuff like that (also Pulse weapons, they are plasma and can bounce/explode even though they work like a kinetic rifle. They could have significant drop and be slower in exchange)
- Electric - focuses on stun, multiple arcs at once, ignores armor unless it is insulated. Charge-up-than-release (like Trsla Trooper), constant arc weapons (like Winston's Tesla Gun from Overwatch), things like that
- Toxic - focuses on desolating ground, DoT and anti-infantry, deals no damage to armor, but can corrode it. Chemical sprayers (farts) or toxin projectors (like Desolator from Red Alert 3, check it out)
- Kinetic - focuses on bullets, shrapnels, grenades, rockets and metal projectiles, jack-of-all-trades, excels at nothing specifically. Some ammunition types can penetrate shields, enemies and armor. Shotguns, rifles, sniper rifles, hand cannons, rocket launchers, railguns etc.
- Cryo - focuses on (Mei is Bae) freezing multiple enemies, creating obstacles and blocking enemy way. Doesn't deal high damage (except for Cryo projectiles, they are counted as kinetic damage, but are in this category) and has no damage + very slow freezing on armor. Things like icicle launchers, Endothermic Blasters (like Mei's) and generally things like that.
- Beam - focuses (heh :p) on focused energy that can penetrate enemies and slowly burn through armor. Things like beam weapons or short laser pulse rifles are here.

IMO making all weapons able to deal elemental damage was a bad thing. Also I think that making interesting, varied weapon specializations will make things more interesting :) You will always be able to use double elemental weapons - alt-fire can be completely different than primary fire.

Anyways, let's get to it :)

Last edited:

TankHunter678

Jul 26, 2016
Don't forget Pulse (aka blasters) and Beam weapons.

Also do not forget there are plenty of cases where a energy weapon like a Beam Cannon was better against armor then a conventional ballistic weapon. While bad against Energy Shields with ballistics better against energy shields.

Vedemin

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Don't forget Pulse (aka blasters) and Beam weapons.

Also do not forget there are plenty of cases where a energy weapon like a Beam Cannon was better against armor then a conventional ballistic weapon. While bad against Energy Shields with ballistics better against energy shields.
Hmmm, good point. Pulse weapons can be a part of Thermal damage, they work like a rifle, but ammo is plasma, this makes them a category inside of Thermal weapons.

As for the beams, it is a strange one. Beams are generally temperature generated by insane amounts of energy. So they would fall into Thermal category. The problem is, as you mentioned, the fact that they are focused. This makes them good at penetrating enemies and even burning through armor (not as instant as kinetic though). I've created a new beam category.

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
Are we combining things like in Warframe with the projectile weapons that deal toxin damage or acid damage? Sort of like a dart? They also have some that essentially lob a projectile into an area dealing damage in splash fashion. They do damage over time.

Niryco

Jul 29, 2016
I want many familiar weapons to modern day like normal rifles to say the least but also many more unfamiliar weapons that belong to a world of crixa, like blasters and what not.

It would be nice to be able to see and evolution of weapon history in Crixa's universe, a comparison would be modern day swords to bows and guns, or from square like old tanks to modern day fast and versatile MBT's

Jul 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
It would be good to see the melee weaponry with elemental effects as well, so one could have an offset to whatever damage the primary and secondary weapons had working on them. Also, design the weapons in such a way that the elemental effect could be interchangeable with a module slot, so the weapon wouldn't be locked in to one elemental damage type.

Jul 26, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
A huge, clunky, slow reloading, heavy, 'make every shot count' 31st Century style high velocity Sniper Rifle, Possibly railgun technology that shoots the projectile. No matter what kind of shielding or protection you use, Not even Planets can withstand the laws of kinetic energy so I think this form of weapon will always be around.

'They' are thinking about ditching the ideas of using Nukes and using telephone pole sized tungsten rods to slam into the surface like a mini asteroid that can level a city with enough velocity. I suspect with the invention of orbital railguns in real life soon™, this can be used to redirect Earth bound asteroids that threaten life on the planet. #shinfo

hqdefault0DMJAKNV.jpg

Since I started watching and mildly obsessing over RWBY, transforming weapons, doubling as melee and ranged weapons would be interesting. Or just have different types of energy swords. People rightly complain about the latest 1.7 patch for FF, but the ones before that, with the addition of separate frame parts, auxiliaries and swords with different effects, was a welcome addition, in my opinion. But if swords could have not only different effects, but different looks, as well, that would be neat. However, it would be up to the player if they'd want to go with specific look for an effect, or go with a default look that still has the effect, but not the aesthetic that they might not like. With that said, if we're going to have different frame parts, it should be visually represented, as well. Play dress-up, mix and match, perhaps a bonus for decking one's frame out with parts form only one particular manufacturer and getting advertisement for that manufacturer for cheap, easy but also small reputation points. Also, there should be two separate equipment slots for Ranged and Melee aux weapons, so people could have both. Make them have longer cooldowns or lower damage to balance their use.

Prefixed should also come from different manufacturers. As in FF, a weapon modded or made by Kisuton should have extra ammo capacity and reload speed. One with Astrek parts should feed into the frames energy reserve for additional jet-fuel or recharge, perhaps even faster jet-sprint for a real kick, making air-dash maneuvers available for mobility, but the heavier the frame the more power it should need to increase it's mobility through upgrades, for balance's sake. But, of course players would have the freedom of molecular printing their own mix equipment, for more possibilities. Weight for frames should also come into play, because now bulky frames like the mammoth and dreads can just shoot across the sky, where recons can't, which is not only ill-fitting, but unfair.

Weight from carried weapons should also effect mobility. I once saw a Nighthawk with a grenade launcher. The sight of a Recon with such a weapon already made me gag, but if you have a more slender frame and you want to slug around with a weapon like that, it should cost you at least a small percentage of your mobility, run and sprint speed, air-control...etc.,. when the weapons is in use and not holstered, anyway. Bulkier frames would have more servo-power, so carrying around massive chain-guns would not impact them as much, as that what their frames were designed for, but then, they should be sluggish. Turtles. Durable, but slow.

Vedemin

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Are we combining things like in Warframe with the projectile weapons that deal toxin damage or acid damage? Sort of like a dart? They also have some that essentially lob a projectile into an area dealing damage in splash fashion. They do damage over time.
No, we had it in Firefall. It can be, however the main damage should be kinetic, after that a small elemental damage may be released.
As for lobbing projectiles weapons, they are ofc. possible, but they can't deal toxic splash damage AoE, just heavy toxic DoT (but applied in area) on unarmored targets. Toxic weapons should work as ground desolators. In place where you shoot they leave toxins that last for about 15 seconds. When infantry steps on it, it deals lots of damage. On the other hand, infantry won't be happy about it and will leave the area ASAP. So toxic weapons will be extremely deadly, but only if you can pin down infantry. A normal grunt shouldn't survive more than 3 seconds on toxic spill.

Vedemin

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
It would be good to see the melee weaponry with elemental effects as well, so one could have an offset to whatever damage the primary and secondary weapons had working on them. Also, design the weapons in such a way that the elemental effect could be interchangeable with a module slot, so the weapon wouldn't be locked in to one elemental damage type.
In Firefall every weapon could deal any elemental damage. Bad thing. We need more variety. We should be able to use for example toxic rounds, but their main damage would still be kinetic (physics) and than a small elemental damage. I'd like elements to have a specific role, you can always install a different alt-fire weapon with different element. Just let's not get into that bullshit we had in Firefall (changing elements in all weapons), we can have ammo with something inside, but there is no damn way to change the damage of a bullet to toxic damage.

um... im now not trying to over react.... but i cant hold it back....
COMBAT SHOTTYYY!!!!!
PLASMA MG!!!!!!
BIO INJECTOR!!!!
im sry!!! D:
Yeah, its said. I want a:
- Combat shotgun (kinetic, fullautomatic) alt-fire: 3-shot-burst, more inaccurate, high recoil, lower overall RoF (even when the RoF between teh burst is far more fast) (yeah, kinda arsenal style ^^)
- Plasma Machine gun (Thermal, high magsize, medium-high ROF) Alt-Fire: Sprayburst, sprays a burst of plasma bullets liek a shotgun (yeah 1.3 mammoth style :3)
-Bio Injector (Toxic, pinpoint accuracy, low mag capacity) alt-fire: healing shots (consume several ammo) (yeha, i love the alt weapon for teh biotech :D)
- LMG (kinetic, medium RoF, medium-high acc, high magsize, long reload time | yeah RPD/PKP style ^^)

MuzikFreq

Jul 28, 2016
Item card:

Effects:

Movement Speed:
Heavy Frames: -25%
Medium Frames: -50%
Light Frames: -75%

You are unable to sprint or hover with this weapon. Sprint servos and jump-jets disabled when drawn.

Balance. :)

And no. I'm afraid I don't get the joke.
Google it. It's glorious

Jul 27, 2016
I have always been a fan of fully automatic shotguns, and have stated so in the past. These exist now, in the real world, and the technology is at the state now where they are virtually without recoil.

Mind you, I'm not speaking of the shotgun that the Arsenal had, which had not only a very limited amount of ammo (10 or 12 max IIRC) but also had wild recoil.