THMPR TIME!

One a scale of 10 to 10, how awesome would you say the THMPR doing a divekick in game would be?

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
Terricon, I think you should get the model that Snowy made some time ago :D
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/heinesnow-art-related.360/
Ah, so that's the model that someone else made. Couldn't find it when I did a quick search. He's clearly spent much more time on his models than I had, would be interesting to try and rig and animate too.

Poly count is WAY higher though so I wonder how it'd handle in engine. Curious what it would be once the chains are removed/replaced with opacity mapped planes, along with some of those spikes on the body and other parts. Doubt he'd want to pass off a model he's worked on but I could ask him. More so makes me want to stop and really spend some time on the models for my own... but given my current time/range of focuses I doubt that'll happen with much beside the buildings/omniframe at this point.

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
I feel like this goes more in this thread than any of the others, but it's not a perfect fit either so... eh.

While continuously jumping around from one thing to another trying to learn the basics of various parts of the current unreal engine, and also just good old building stuff, I have spent a fair bit of time away from the THMPR and the Kaiju that it was fighting. Still have some of their fighting animations and stuff that I don't think I ever got around to showing that I finished before having started on my next project series. Oh well, sort of getting back to the THMPR and Kaiju now since I'm messing around with AI at the moment. I am currently thinking of making a little level with constantly spawning baby kaijus charging in after a mining THMPR, that will mine if no enemies are around it at that moment. The enemies will by default target the THMPR, but can be agroed by the player as long as you keep attacking them. I will also likely have a dropship hovering nearby with a turret pod firing on the kaijus and helping to kill them (probably doing most of the work actually, I plan to make it have very big AOE clusterf*ck attacks with like 50 submunitions going off at once if I can manage). Maybe also some AI omniframes that follow the player or the THMPR and shoot at kaijus... idk.

Either way, vague idea, that may never actually see the light of day but that's just what I was thinking I might do while working on stuff tonight. Did a lot of looser messing around to learn some different bits of stuff, didn't really do any polish or refining on anything though, but here's a clip of the kaijus chasing after me... and me having to stand there and play like an idiot because they can't keep up with me atm, and they can't track flying enemies yet.

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
And pass two on the IA stuff. Now there is a THMPR, lots and lots more kaiju, some turrets to keep me company, and a ton of bugs.

So, preview towards what may come, just imagine it having more explosions, fire, turret slung dropships, and targeting reticules so I can aim worth a damn (I keep forgetting to add one).

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
This is a minecraft THMPR, he just punches stuff till it breaks and get's vacuumed into some hidden inventory orifice. /s

More improvements/less placeholder to come later.
Perhaps the resources could get stored like the muon trap aka ghost trap: (ghostbusters)

This could save loads of design lol

Last edited:

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
meh, every saw the first THMP concept? the THMPR drops down in a huge basket that he later uses to store the resources and then carries it back to the base.
Ya, go look in my THMPR thread at the earlier videos, just imagine the basket he was in then pulling itself back together with bolts of electricity and some hover magnetic field thing going on.

Of coarse after todays cheif talk session with Grummz it seems they may just use hammer space rather than a container to store stuff when mining.

Oh well, time will tell... for now I go to sleep. Night!