THMPR TIME!

One a scale of 10 to 10, how awesome would you say the THMPR doing a divekick in game would be?

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
Welp, didn't touch any animations today, but did work on the kaiju so I can make him look better later one when/if I get around to that. Still gotta do some more work on the rear legs, but I'm not sure what all I should put on there... little spiky bits, bulk up some muscle, metal plate, scar/torn skin... thoughts? Also yes it's missing many of the back/head spiky things since this is just for a low poly models normal maps and I was going to do most of those with opacity mapped polys instead of a mesh.

Zednel

Firstclaimer
Jul 27, 2016
Hungary
Welp, didn't touch any animations today, but did work on the kaiju so I can make him look better later one when/if I get around to that. Still gotta do some more work on the rear legs, but I'm not sure what all I should put on there... little spiky bits, bulk up some muscle, metal plate, scar/torn skin... thoughts? Also yes it's missing many of the back/head spiky things since this is just for a low poly models normal maps and I was going to do most of those with opacity mapped polys instead of a mesh.
How about some chains wrapped around under the knees and some spiky scales on the thighs?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I could see the back legs having more of a faint circuitry outline with spikes formed around it illuminating against the spikes
perhaps some nice blades on the knees too

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
How about some chains wrapped around under the knees and some spiky scales on the thighs?
Hm, might do that more up near the thigh/hip area (chains and scales, but was thinking more/cracked/light plated than scales). For bellow the knees I'm thinking of pushing the whole implanted spiky feet things idea by making more scars/holes in the skin and throwing in a few little round rivety/spiky things along it. Making that gap where they connect to the feet extra tendon/scarish looking.

But a chain going along the upper thighs/hip area criss crossing once over the back between one of those spikes would break up that area, make it look good, and still not make the rear legs follow to closely with the front legs style (want to keep them a bit different, let the rear legs look more original so you have something to compare the heavily modified front ones against to tell this thing was organic in the first place and mechanically modified).

I could see the back legs having more of a faint circuitry outline with spikes formed around it illuminating against the spikes
perhaps some nice blades on the knees too
Knees didn't have any blades on the concept art... also annoying because they like to poke into the ground whenever he crouches so that limits animation options.

Not sure how'd I'd want to go with the circuitry part. Glowing stuff draws a lot of attention and I want that up front, if I just do a texture part in an area then how should I style it since I don't know what type of tech these guys use or what it will otherwise look like. I do have a certain amount of creative freedom since they aren't nailed down yet just working on my own interpretation but I don't want to push it too hard towards something that might contradict later on.

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
And another WIP shot of the THMPR and Kaiju stuff. Slowed down/worked on some other things more but started back towards the animations a bit today. This ones fairly more incomplete than most other things I've shown, but eh... I'm tired, haven't posted animation stuff on the THMPR in a bit, and feel like playing a game or watching something instead for the rest of the night.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I was thinking of a scorpion, could the tail come over the kaiju and launch into the thmpr?
maybe its finisher could be to impale or tear a mechanical limb?

Maybe it could face hug the thmpr like in aliens & attempt to eat at the thmpr?

I did like the way the thmpr finisher made kaiju pancake! :D

Could the thumpr have a power charge where it leans back and charges forward to
knock or push away the kaiju?

Zednel

Firstclaimer
Jul 27, 2016
Hungary
How about an event like this:

At the end of the fight, both the THMPR and the kaiju lose their remaining health in the last clash (if this will be possible ofc), so at the end, the kaiju charges the THMPR, jumps on it, the THMPR falls on the ground (or not), then the kaiju starts to tear it to bits, but the THMPR self-destructs, killing itself and the kaiju both (as well as players too close to them)

On the other hand, could you show us a picture later, where we can compare the size of the THMPR/kaiju to the player?

Last edited:

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
How about an event like this:

At the end of the fight, both the THMPR and the kaiju lose their remaining health in the last clash (if this will be possible ofc), so at the end, the kaiju charges the THMPR, jumps on it, the THMPR falls on the ground (or not), then the kaiju starts to tear it to bits, but the THMPR self-destructs, killing itself and the kaiju both (as well as players too close to them)

On the other hand, could you show us a picture later, where we can compare the size of the THMPR/kaiju to the player?
Hm, sorta like my both fall of the cliff idea on the previous list. Poor thumper.

As for their scale, if you look in the unreal videos you'll see some of them but keep in mind I regularly just swap scales around since I still don't know how big any of them are and haven't entirely settled on a specific size myself yet (but overall bigger tends to feel better).

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
Seems like red5 wasted so much work, especially cool things. Everything of Em-8er I see is pretty cool
For the record, R5 never had a chosen tank (to my knowledge, and I dug through all the game assets and even got to see some other stuff so...), they only had the little LGV like spiky hoverbike/lawnmower.
That said yes, they did waste a lot of their work changing and getting rid of things so often.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I would of liked the bikes to have had a slot to use for weapons the hoverbike with the blades could shoot shurikens,
or have some mine layer.

Would be cool to kick or push someone off another bike i know roadrash but its fun seeing an npc go flying