Omniframe Hard Driver Mode - NEW art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
where did you think the term "Chosen Sniper Mortar" came from?

lol..the AI was so strong that once you got tagged, they are able to hit very accurately you across mountains and you had no way to disappear :)

ah..good times.
Oh yes, the early days of the Juggernaught sniper - many a weak frame was pwnd by his long range plasma round!

Fac3man

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
My only wish with the omniframe is that there are more lights/glowing parts added to the frame. Something firefall did well was combine bulk with reactor lights, something that looked absolutely gorgeous during the dark nights. Watch this video:
The contrast that the lights bring is absolutely beautiful and makes your character more visible during the night, especially with high-saturation colors for the lights.

This is what the hard-driver mode of the omnimek would look like in a dark night. I went with the hard driver mode for the sake of argument, since it has more lighted parts than the normal version.
View attachment 371
Not very exciting :/

Here is my edit with more lights and stuff :p I can attach a version without the darkness, so you can see what the lights would look like in the original lighting.
View attachment 372
Here is what the open-cockpit version would look like; The omnimek image i used for this one was higher quality so I worked on the head a little bit here as well.
View attachment 373
thats my favorite..i WANT to see this skin when omniframe is modelled and textured..how much i have to pay? :-D

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I like the glows. I mentioned in Discord that EM-8ER might be a twilight planet with dark nights and only semi-bright days. So glowing would show off nicely. Just an idea, don't hold me to it. :)
Yay! While I don't really expect you to copy my post verbatim (ok at all really), I hope you read what I conceptualized in the biome thread :)

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
I like the glows. I mentioned in Discord that EM-8ER might be a twilight planet with dark nights and only semi-bright days. So glowing would show off nicely. Just an idea, don't hold me to it. :)
If you do go ahead with it, I really hope that it isn't just lighting up the parts of the omnimek that already look like lights in the original artwork. It could really use more aesthetic lighting in general(hence my post :p)

TankHunter678

Jul 26, 2016
@Grummz thanks for HDM, that also opens up cosmetic opportunities for the HDM itself to customize how it looks. It existing alone makes me much happier about the omniframe.

I just hope that later cosmetic versions do not have the pronounced ass.

Liiiike dusk. Would definitely make the atmosphere better. Glowing, glowing, glowing things. Glowing us. Glowing puss. Glowing moss.

I wanna avoid the word "twilight". Even though I like it, it has unfortunate connotation, because of that effing sparkly vampire series.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I feel ya on the twilight connection. Like the Titanic, the only parts I have seen are from commercials. But I reference twilight to a superior movie (now becoming it's own series) and that is Avatar. The night shots of Pandora were amazing. The florescent lighting that all life had and the ambiance was a world I wish I lived in. Especially the scene of them swimming. I would have no issue with Ember going that route in parts of its world.

So ya, twilight is safe to use, dude. If anyone says werewolves....just feed them the Tsihu table scraps you cleaned off your onmiframe from the last thmpr run.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Firefall went on an adventure and fell down and bumped its head which caused amnesia
it got so weak not lifting weights or doing anything for that matter ..................... after quite some time

A group of lost friends picked it up and renamed it Ember goo goo gaa gaa ooooh how cute you look you
are growing up so fast you will be big just like you once were yes you are yes you are!

Ember is watching you

Status
Not open for further replies.