Omniframe Hard Driver Mode - NEW art

Discussion in 'Ember Art & Design Updates' started by Grummz, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

Okay, thanks to your feedback, we are adding an optional "Hard Driver" visual mode to the Omniframe's design.(thank you, @Tommaso Renieri )!

Default look is still open cockpit. You have to enable "hard driver" mode. this is a visual option to display your frame. It's not a gameplay feature. You go to Game Settings -> Options -> Omniframe Hard Driver [defaut(off), on, auto]

For those pilots that wish to be fully enclosed, you can toggle a hard shell to cover your character, or have it set to appear (somehow, fx wise) automatically if you are in combat mode and de-rez while not in combat. It's fully under your control.

Please let us know what you think!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  2. SomeUnregPunk

SomeUnregPunk Emberite

good idea.

Ronyn, Silv3r Shadow, Adrian and 2 others like this.
  3. Ronyn

Ronyn Ghostryker Community Manager

The team comes through for the multiple sides of the debate.
    Well done!

Silv3r Shadow, Mahdi, Adrian and 3 others like this.
  4. Grummz

Please note, the DEFAULT is still open cockpit. This mode is for those who enable it.

5. UltraRoccoLP

UltraRoccoLP New Member

That looks awesome. Love the new artwork and I can't wait to see what's next. Keep up the good work. :)

6. ApisLove

ApisLove Gatestrider

Oh boy!

Adrian and engjang like this.
  7. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper

NOW WE OPEN FRAME LOVER GOT A THREAD TO FLAME AND HATE ON!
    *BOOM*

no, serious.
    LOOK AT THAT ASS, AIN'T THAT SOME MECHA GLUTE
    *EXPLOSION*

AND THAT TORSO, NOW THAT'S SOME EPIC MECHA PECS

*EXPLOSION*

Estender, Adrian, Astro and 1 other person like this.
  8. Astro

Astro Gatestrider - Reaper Leader

That was very nice of you, and the design is great, but now the "whiners" will think if they can bitch loud enough and for long enough, they'll get what they want.

To play devil's advocate:
    If we are in that mode and we get EMP'ed and our systems go down, then the user better suffocate to death in the suit due to the oxygen filtration system going down, and your screen better go pitch black because the systems for seeing out of the suit will be down and how could the user possibly see out of it if he's completely enclosed? :D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  9. Ronyn

I was totally fine with open style but I must admit the new hard driver options is just so dang sweet.
    The idea of seeing it auto close when I enter combat. woo... I gotta use it. You and @Tommaso Renieri friggin nailed it. I think a lot of people are going to love it.

Nightchade, neonserge, Mahdi and 6 others like this.
  10. StormPunch

StormPunch Player One

Come on, we don't need to create an us vs them mentality.

Anyway, I liked the new model at first, but I dunno, could probably do with more consistency with the style of the Omniframe. Positioning the side armor at a smaller angle could help, and the armor around the pilot's head region looks like Halo: Reach's Spartan armor.

At any rate, I'm going to be using the standard style so it doesn't bother me ;)

11. ApisLove

ApisLove Gatestrider

Perhaps a manual lock and some crank (or something that gives mechanical advantage) to open. It wouldn't be the default means of opening, of course. Perhaps it could take extra time to open manually, which would leave player vulnerable because they can't focus on anything else until it's open.

12. ObsoleteVodka

ObsoleteVodka Member

I'm glad for those who didn't liked the open design, but I'm the only one who thinks the butt area in the back is kinda awkward?

13. Ronyn

Some folks may jump to such conclusions but the truth remains the same.
    The ember team will listen to feedback and offer options when possible but ultimately it will come down to what the team itself thinks is best. It's as simple as that. And we are all (Dev team and community) better off for it.

Mahdi, 13umbleBee, Vladplaya and 7 others like this.
  14. Faeryl

Faeryl Active Member

I'm all for options for players, whenever possible; especially if it doesn't take away from the original vision or intent for the game's creators. :cool:

15. Grummz

Well, people know I don't go on a whim. This was a small change that does not compromise the original intent, and is defaulted to OFF. So people coming into the game will see it as we envisioned it. You would have to enable this mode manually.

Wyntyr, taiiat, Mahdi and 13 others like this.
  16. Astro

Astro Gatestrider - Reaper Leader

Well, I'm glad to hear that. I'm just nipping in the bud ;), only good intentions here.

The truth also remains the same, in that people complained loud and for long enough that the Ember team spent time and effort making this revision to please them.

I fear people like to push the envelope to try and get more and more of what they want to see.

But in the end, I do trust the current Ember team won't go down that slippery path.

Congrats @Tommaso Renieri

17. Tommaso Renieri

Tommaso Renieri Member Ember Dev

Hi Guys!, I'm glad you like the solution. To help the undertanding the character position inside the gloves, live from here, a fast sketch for you :) Sorry for the bad presentation :D
    gloves.jpg

18. Tommaso Renieri

Tommaso Renieri Member Ember Dev

Thanks Astro!

NitroMidgets and Astro like this.
  19. Fooni

Fooni T.H.M.P.R.

So if i read this correctly, this means that You can manually control yourself when to respawn? Not sure i understand this fully.

NitroMidgets likes this.
  20. Grummz

No, this is a visual option to display your frame. It's not a gameplay feature. You go to Game Settings -> Options -> Omniframe Hard Driver [defaut(off), on, auto]