Status
Not open for further replies.

lykosfx

Jul 29, 2016
Oi @Tommaso Renieri!

Muito bom o seu trabalho. parabéns.

Imagem

Você poderia me ajudar?

A alguns dias atrás, eu apresentei dois Modelos 3D que agradou alguns jogadores. Acredito que se você aplicar o mesmo Estilo de desenho da Omniframe de Ember nesses dois Modelos 3D, poderia agradar ainda mais os jogadores.

O primeiro Modelo 3D seria uma Omniframe para combate no chão com um jato.

Imagem

O segundo Modelo 3D seria uma Omniframe para combate no ar com um jato mais potência.

Imagem

@Tommaso Renieri, se você decidir nos ajudar, coloque aqui no tópico os desenhos para nós possamos fazer comparações.

Obrigado por sua atenção.
Abraços.

Hi @Tommaso Renieri!

Very good your work. congratulations.

Imagem

Can you help me?

A few days ago, I presented two 3D models that pleased some players. I believe that if you apply the same design style of Ember Omniframe these two 3D models, could please even more players.

The first 3D model would be an Omniframe to fight on the ground with a jet.

Imagem

The second 3D model would be an Omni frame for combat in the air with a more horsepower jet.

Imagem

@Tommaso Renieri if you decide to help us, put it here on the topic the designs for we can make comparisons.

Thanks for your attention.
Hugs.

Same "you'll never see your front" argument was made on the WoW team many times by 1st person advocates (remember, other MMOs were 1st person then) who complained that only ever saw your back all the time. We actually were going to create a deployable mirror in world so you could see front of char. In the end, we decided the paper doll view was enough.

So, I don't think much of this line of reasoning, having been down it before. People will see other people's front views, and that's enough vanity for people to want to customize their "pilots" I've been down this road before, and WoW proved to me that people like to show off to others more than they care about never seeing their own "front"

I don't regret going open cockpit at all and disagree its a waste. It's the game I want to play, therefore I'll do a better job making it. I've just given an option for those who see it another way, and not an expensive option to produce.
That brings up a question, @Grummz and I don't even really think I need to ask it, but I just want to be certain.

Will there be a function like the free-cam, in Firefall, that I can spin around in a 360 degree angle that would also (but not necessarily) make the HUD disappear (for screenshots and just to look at my front)?

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
That brings up a question, @Grummz and I don't even really think I need to ask it, but I just want to be certain.

Will there be a function like the free-cam, in Firefall, that I can spin around in a 360 degree angle that would also (but not necessarily) make the HUD disappear (for screenshots and just to look at my front)?
We will need this for PR shots too. Sounds like a good feature and easy to implement!

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Pretty, $25 for orange paint, pls. JK. :)

We're going to be concentrating on getting the mockup running. Slimming the width of the frame really depends on how its starts to feel moving around and looking in a real 3rd person mockup.

Until then we could make art changes till the cows come home, but unless its affecting gameplay negatively at this point, we just don't know which changes are most important for our scare resources.

Tommaso Renieri

Ember Dev
Jul 26, 2016
Oi @Tommaso Renieri!

Muito bom o seu trabalho. parabéns.

Imagem

Você poderia me ajudar?

A alguns dias atrás, eu apresentei dois Modelos 3D que agradou alguns jogadores. Acredito que se você aplicar o mesmo Estilo de desenho da Omniframe de Ember nesses dois Modelos 3D, poderia agradar ainda mais os jogadores.

O primeiro Modelo 3D seria uma Omniframe para combate no chão com um jato.

Imagem

O segundo Modelo 3D seria uma Omniframe para combate no ar com um jato mais potência.

Imagem

@Tommaso Renieri, se você decidir nos ajudar, coloque aqui no tópico os desenhos para nós possamos fazer comparações.

Obrigado por sua atenção.
Abraços.

Hi @Tommaso Renieri!

Very good your work. congratulations.

Imagem

Can you help me?

A few days ago, I presented two 3D models that pleased some players. I believe that if you apply the same design style of Ember Omniframe these two 3D models, could please even more players.

The first 3D model would be an Omniframe to fight on the ground with a jet.

Imagem

The second 3D model would be an Omni frame for combat in the air with a more horsepower jet.

Imagem

@Tommaso Renieri if you decide to help us, put it here on the topic the designs for we can make comparisons.

Thanks for your attention.
Hugs.
I'm happy you like the new version :) .Thanks for your suggestions, please do not stop to send your ideas and to discuss them with all the members!

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
So looking at things...I suddenly realize that those proverbial "wings" on the sides seem like they would be more trouble than they are worth. I mean as they are designed they would provide little to no lift, and they stick out very wide to the sides. Sure it could be for some balance control but perhaps we could pay homage to Firefall and use a forcefield type system that only appears when we are flying. That would slim the model down and allow us to fit into tighter spaces (and allow the map design team to not have to plan for giant spaces for us to fit through).

EDIT: or at least have them somehow collapsible/foldable/extendable so they are out of the way and not sticking out to the sides when you are walking.

Jul 26, 2016
Seville, Southern Spain
HOLD UP, PUSSEYS. ARE WE FORGETTING THE MOST IMPORTANT PART ON THIS FRAME?
LOOK AT THAT FRAME. LOOK CLOSER!

IT! HAS! NO! NAVEL!

OH MY F*CKING GAWD! GRUMMZ HAS BEEN BETRAYED.
GRUMMZ HAS BETRAYED HIMSELF!
Stop looking at your own navel :eek:, sure it's awesome ;) but look again at the Omniframe, it has a navel :p:D an imaginary god like one :rolleyes:. You and your dirty mind... this time it blowed in ya face :confused:.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I should point out that EM-8ER is outdoor warfare like Battlefield, with few interiors. That's the focus. I don't see there being any Ares mission type caves. Also, its very expensive to do interiors and such.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I should point out that EM-8ER is outdoor warfare like Battlefield, with few interiors. That's the focus. I don't see there being any Ares mission type caves. Also, its very expensive to do interiors and such.
If that was pointed at me, I didn't say interior, I said tight spaces. Those wings are going to be the first point of impact of any movement that puts you close to a surface. Not just an interior wall but rocks, tree's, anything you want to run next to. You won't be able to hide as easily behind a rock, your wings will stick out. What would happen if a Tshiu only shot one wing, would taht prevent you from flying? They appear to be extremely vulnerable weak points and when you are grounded it might be a good idea to protect those from harm.

It also would be totally cool to create an emote/taunt that would draw agro from nearby NPC's by flaring out your wings, throw in some lighting special effects and a low rumbling roar and basically puff yourself up to look all big and badass. Have a friend who is hurting? Use your taunt to pull agro and protect your friend, and look friggin badass while doing so.

EDIT: Also as a design consideration, those winglets while not really providing any lift surfaces would be an excellent platform to put some little jets on the ends to add stability while flying, you could then have exhaust trails coming from the tips which would make flying look really nifty. Particularly if we have a dark world where the exhaust glowed faintly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.