Omniframe Hard Driver Mode - NEW art

Discussion in 'Ember Art & Design Updates' started by Grummz, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Krhys

Krhys Player One

Oh yes, the early days of the Juggernaught sniper - many a weak frame was pwnd by his long range plasma round!

13umbleBee likes this.
  2. Fac3man

Fac3man Firstclaimer

thats my favorite..i WANT to see this skin when omniframe is modelled and textured..how much i have to pay? :-D

3. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

I like the glows. I mentioned in Discord that EM-8ER might be a twilight planet with dark nights and only semi-bright days. So glowing would show off nicely. Just an idea, don't hold me to it. :)

MattHunX, eRuss, Pandagnome and 9 others like this.
  4. EvilKitten

EvilKitten Gatestrider - Firstclaimer

Yay! While I don't really expect you to copy my post verbatim (ok at all really), I hope you read what I conceptualized in the biome thread :)

NitroMidgets likes this.
  5. NightStroke

NightStroke Deepscanner Base Commander

If you do go ahead with it, I really hope that it isn't just lighting up the parts of the omnimek that already look like lights in the original artwork. It could really use more aesthetic lighting in general(hence my post :p)

6. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

Using emissive materials in Unreal, we can do lights like we had in FF.

Despair, Astro, Fabricio21RJ and 5 others like this.
  7. TankHunter678

TankHunter678 Well-Known Member

@Grummz thanks for HDM, that also opens up cosmetic opportunities for the HDM itself to customize how it looks. It existing alone makes me much happier about the omniframe.

I just hope that later cosmetic versions do not have the pronounced ass.

8. Despair

Despair Firstclaimer - Death Reaper - Frame Founder

This leaves room for so much opportunites....different Skins, different lights etc.

Step by Step

9. Hybelkaninen

Hybelkaninen Member

Really like it...gonna set it on auto.

10. Dracomon

Dracomon Player One Base Commander

11. MattHunX

MattHunX Deepscanner

Liiiike dusk. Would definitely make the atmosphere better. Glowing, glowing, glowing things. Glowing us. Glowing puss. Glowing moss.

I wanna avoid the word "twilight". Even though I like it, it has unfortunate connotation, because of that effing sparkly vampire series.

Astro and Mahdi like this.
  12. Mahdi

Mahdi THMPR Inbound - Gatestrider - Firstclaimer

I feel ya on the twilight connection. Like the Titanic, the only parts I have seen are from commercials. But I reference twilight to a superior movie (now becoming it's own series) and that is Avatar. The night shots of Pandora were amazing. The florescent lighting that all life had and the ambiance was a world I wish I lived in. Especially the scene of them swimming. I would have no issue with Ember going that route in parts of its world.

So ya, twilight is safe to use, dude. If anyone says werewolves....just feed them the Tsihu table scraps you cleaned off your onmiframe from the last thmpr run.

MattHunX likes this.
  13. yapushkin

yapushkin Member

I`m too lazy to read all pages. So tell me please, "hard driver" mode will be visible only for player himself or for all players ?

NitroMidgets likes this.
  14. Rocket

Rocket Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R. Max Kahina

+1 for emissive frame lighting.

[​IMG]

15. Mahdi

Mahdi THMPR Inbound - Gatestrider - Firstclaimer

Dragon fly did always light up the best.

Rocket likes this.
  16. Rocket

Rocket Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R. Max Kahina

Especially when you gave it the Arsenal warpaint, as in the image above.

Mahdi likes this.
  17. Despair

Despair Firstclaimer - Death Reaper - Frame Founder

I'm sad that i did not play Firefall....

18. Krhys

Krhys Player One

With Ember, you get to re-live the dream...

Mahdi likes this.
  19. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member Kaiju Slayer

Firefall went on an adventure and fell down and bumped its head which caused amnesia
    it got so weak not lifting weights or doing anything for that matter ..................... after quite some time

A group of lost friends picked it up and renamed it Ember goo goo gaa gaa ooooh how cute you look you
    are growing up so fast you will be big just like you once were yes you are yes you are!

[​IMG]
    Ember is watching you

20. Krhys

Krhys Player One

Eh? Is this a new Tsihu enemy type???

Pandagnome and Mahdi like this.