Omniframe build types: Post your ideas here!

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
Was sooo excited to get in on this.....

But many of you are already doing heavy defensive frames that, amongst the responses, have pretty much covered my thoughts. I'll just keep dreaming it to myself. But I did have one unique idea though based on a common ability from y'all, doubt it would remotely be a possibility. Nvm.

I'll give the name of course.

The Stryfus

See you on the battlefield, my fellow Reapers!
You should put the idea here, cant be the exact same and its gonna help the devs see that more people want the same thing

Drakin5

Omni Ace
Dec 15, 2016
1)Heavy
2)80:5:15 def: off: mob
3)heavy reactor

You can choose 2 but choose wisely.
4a) Invincible - Activate to render the user irresistible to any damage from all directions for 10/15/20 seconds. However, you cannot use your weapons for the duration.
4b) Auto Repair Unit (passive) - Repairs armor and regenerates energy shields for 5%/7%/10% of total HP per 5/4/3 seconds.
4c) Barrier Shield (toggle) - Once active, renders the user immune to critical damage from any directions and increases armor and shield rating by 5%/7%/10%. However, you cannot glide or skim if this is active.
4d) Fortify - Initiates an omniframe protection against any abnormal status; renders the user immune to crowd control effects such as stun, knockdown, loss of balance, etc. for 10/20/30 seconds.
4e) Graviton Armor (passive) - All enemy projectiles within 20/25/30 meters are redirected to you.

5) Shield Sapper Coil - A supportive utility mount that saps energy shielding from 2/3/4 enemies within 15/20/25 meters from you and transfers It to yours. Shield sapping rate is 10%/12%/15% of enemies’ shields per 2 seconds. Does not affect shields from category 3 kaiju or larger.

6a) Vampiric Shield - Shield with an augmented biomass transfer unit. User is capable of draining health from enemies within 5 meters from you. Drain heal rate is 5% of enemies’ health per second. Stacks with a limit of up to 3.
6b) Stun Rod - Melee weapon capable of stunning enemies for 3 seconds.

7) The Buttplug - Heavy omniframe capable of withstanding massive amounts of damage from anything. This frame is true to its name despite being vulgar; holds any chokepont or bottleneck such as ravines or cave entrances long enough for allies to perform flanking shots.

>>Old link from previous spam thread.<<

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Heavy
Heavy reactor
Primary: Laser machine gun, (med-short range)
Secondary: Shield, (reduce speed, but stronger)
Ability 1: jump slam aoe, boost to mobility and damage output.
Ability 2: armour up, creates 20% of your max HP as armour for you and players around you. Remaining armour regenerates into HP after 10 (higher cool down)
Shoulder: 3 quick flak lasers charges.
Valiant: the trait to fight the good fight and support others

Medium
Medium reactor
Primary: gunblade: sword and laser flack between both blades
Secondary: arm shield: covers left side more, moves with arm when running, once toggled, it shields the front of the player.
Ability 1: dash: dashes player in direction (temporarily increase movement speed)
Ability 2: Bite: once hit target 3 times it can be activated.. deals 3X of weapon damage (volibear bite from LoL. Or X damage if bellow 40%, whichever higher. Only 3x if large enemy ( for Overpowered reasons).
Shoulder: Fury: every creature that you kill gives 1 stack, max of 6 stacks, (can activate at any time, no cooldown). Consume stack: dives at targeted creature, quick small damage+lifesteal. (Visually see 6 stacks on shoulders)

Infiltrator: self sustaining, quick on feet. Stay fast to stay alive.

Last edited:
Here's more spit-balling.

Certain heavily-focused builds could have shoulder-mounted weapons that would automatically attack either certain type of targets or ones that come within a certain range (e.g.: close-range or right within melee-range). These automated defenses could be anything from flame-throwers (for a Dragon-like build, although I'd call it "Hyperion" after the original sun god) or any element, even just plain old gattling guns.

Same with a tail. If we could eventually have one, it could start swinging and bat away smaller enemies that come within melee-range. Of course, this would be a passive ability and I could still use activated ones, like, a spinning tail-swipe.

Both of these would allow us to concentrate on other enemies and not waste ammo and our attention on nuisances. Whether they would need a cool-down period is up for debate. It could be balanced so they couldn't stay active for more than a minute or several minutes OR the automated-mode could be toggled on and off, so it wouldn't burn through either ammo or energy.

Last edited:

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I'D RATHER STICK TO THE HOLY VISION OF GRUMMZ, MECHANICS AND ACTUAL FEATURES.
AND WITHOUT THE CUSTOM WEAPON SKIN TOOL TO MAKE MY CUSTOM WEAPON SKIN FOR MY CUSTOM WEAPON,
I DON'T KNOW IF MY MAIN FRAME WILL BE MEDIUM OR HEAVY.

BUT F*CK IT, TITLE SAY "DREAM FRAME", SO HERE I PRESENT YOU MY LEGENDARY
SYBIAN
AS MEDIUM AND HEAVY VARIANT

HEAVY VARIANT
Heavy frames specialize in heavy armor, high energy weapons, and artillery. They also provide heavy armor for tanking duties.
POWER ALLOCATION:
Using keyboard shortcuts, power can be shared equally or diverted to:

• Prioritize power to movement speed, jump-jets, glide and skim (travel) modes.
  • Prioritize power to abilities and weapon systems. Abilities recharge faster, weapons recharge faster or do more damage.
  • Prioritize power to defensive systems. Shields recharge faster, and if an auto-repair module is slotted, this will increase the rate of repairs.

By default, each main system (Mobility, Weapons/Abilities, and Defensive systems) receives 33% of the total power produced by the reaction core. Diverting power to prioritize one system over another will boost the prioritized system to 60% power and divert 20% each to the remaining systems. The amount of power diverted to each system can be customized if the omniframe has a power-manager installed. A power-manager upgrade allows a player to customize the exact amount of power allocated to each system by default, as well as the three priority settings.
80% EXPLOSION, 19% COCKROACH, 1% SPEEDY GONZALES.
MUTATED RABBIT PANIC BUTTON: 40% PUNCH, 60% ROCKY, 0% SNAIL
SKIM MODE: 0% SUPERSOAKER, 0% CARDBOARD ARMOR, 100% SPEED OF LIGHT ON ECSTASY
REACTOR:
Omniframes are powered by a reaction core. Reaction cores generate power over time, filling up a reserve that can be used to power frame abilities, countermeasures, movement, weapons and defensive systems. Abilities recharge by draining power from the Reaction core. Jumpjets recharge in this way too. Power can be prioritized between Mobility, Abilities/Weapons and Defense.
THOSE BIG ASS TOYS GONNA NEED A BIG ASS HEAVY REACTOR.
ABILITIES:
  • Active Abilities (abilities that the player can trigger and control)
  • Passive Abilities (abilities and upgrades that function in the background automatically)
ABILITY A - METEOR-IN-YOUR-FACE. JUMP JET AND SLAM GROUND TO STUN OR KNOCKDOWN RABBITS. I'D SACRIFICE MY WINGS / GLIDERS FOR A BADASS JET PACK.

ABILITY B - ARTILLERY SUPPORT DRONE. GO INTO DRONE CAMERA MODE FOR A MORE PRECISE ARTILLERY STRIKE. CLICK LEFT MOUSE BUTTON TO FIRE ARTILLERY AND RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON TO PLACE ARTILLERY MARKER FOR THE TEAM. CAN ALSO ZOOM IN AND OUT. AWESOME, EH
REQUIREMENT: ANY SHOULDER MOUNTED ARTILLERY CANNON. KINDA STUPID TO HAVE THAT ABILITY WITHOUT ONE, RIGHT.
!WARNING! YOU'RE A SITTING DUCK AND CAN END UP AS RABBIT FOOD WHILE IN DRONE MODE.

ALTERNATIVE ABILITY B - ANCHOR MODULE (credits goes to @Terib.Shadow)
HUNKER DOWN AND BECOME AN IMMOBILE FRAGGING TURRET AND GO BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
WHILE SCREAMING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
THIS IS WHERE THE BIG ASS HEAVY REACTOR COMES TO PLAY. NEVER STOP SHOOTING. NEVER.

BUT SINCE TOO MANY SLABS ARE ALREADY USING THAT TURRET MODE.
MIGHT USE THE ADVANCED ANCORING MODULE
(credit also goes to @Terib.Shadow)
Advanced Anchoring module (Heavy Omniframe bound)

This module is a heavily modified version of the Anchoring module, when activated, the pilot will be unable to move and use his jumpjets, due to much higher energy requirements to use this module, the damage reduction is removed along with the recoil bonus. The omniframe will instead generate a shield bubble around itself, protecting him and fellow pilots inside the bubble from ranged attacks. Tsihus can still pass through the shield and attack in melee.
IN COMBINATION WITH THE ARTILLERY SUPPORT DRONE OR TO KEEP SYBIAN SAFE WHILE GOING CRAZY WITH THE MISSILE POD ABILITY.

SHOULDER MOUNTED WEAPON:
MISSILE POD ON THE RIGHT SHOULDER AND ARTILLERY ON THE LEFT SHOULDER.
IF I CAN ONLY PICK 1 SHOULDER WEAPON,
MISSILE POD AND SWITCH ABILITY B TO "FROM TORGUE WITH LOVE":
HUNKER DOWN TO GAIN MAXIMUM STABILITY AND SHOOT BAZILLION SWARMING ROCKETS IN RAPID SUCCESSION, DRAINS SH*T LOAD OF ENERGY. I GOT A BIG ASS HEAVY REACTOR, F*CKING THOSE RABBITS FOR 2 SECONDS IS NOT SATISFYING ENOUGH.
PLUS. EXPLOSIONS ARE AWESOME.

PRIMARY AND SECONDARY WEAPONS:
  • Heavy frametypes: Heavy frametypes have an additional slot for a shield.
PRIMARY: A BIG ASS HEAVY GUN WITH A LOT OF DAKKA. SOMETHING LIKE A MINIGUN OR HEAVY BOLTER.
SECONDARY: SHIELD AND HAMMER. THEM MUTATED RABBITS WANT MELEE, THEY GET MELEE. (don't forget to activate the MUTATED-RABBIT-PANIC-BUTTON)

FEELS, LOOKS AND ACT(ION):
MIGHT FEEL SLUGGISH, IT HAS BIG ASS HEAVY REACTOR AND BIG ASS JUMP JET, USE IT.
COSMETICALLY IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS BUILT WITH SPARE PARTS AND SCRAP PARTS, A 'LIL BIT OF STEAM PUNK. EXCEPT THE RIGHT ARM, WHICH IS ALL TIME MAINTAINED ELEGANCE OF HIGH TECH DESIGN WITH A PINKISH NEON LIGHT "SYBIAN" WRITTEN ON IT.
TIME TO GO OUT THERE AND SPREAD A LOT OF DAKKA AND EXPLOSIONS.

MEDIUM FRAME VARIANT
  • Medium Frames: Medium frames range from general purpose assault roles, to a range of roles suited for “front-of-line” duties.
POWER ALLOCATION:
Using keyboard shortcuts, power can be shared equally or diverted to:

• Prioritize power to movement speed, jump-jets, glide and skim (travel) modes.
  • Prioritize power to abilities and weapon systems. Abilities recharge faster, weapons recharge faster or do more damage.
  • Prioritize power to defensive systems. Shields recharge faster, and if an auto-repair module is slotted, this will increase the rate of repairs.

By default, each main system (Mobility, Weapons/Abilities, and Defensive systems) receives 33% of the total power produced by the reaction core. Diverting power to prioritize one system over another will boost the prioritized system to 60% power and divert 20% each to the remaining systems. The amount of power diverted to each system can be customized if the omniframe has a power-manager installed. A power-manager upgrade allows a player to customize the exact amount of power allocated to each system by default, as well as the three priority settings.
80% DAKKA, 4% SPONGE, 16% ATHLETE.
MUTATED RABBIT PANIC BUTTON: 30% KICKING, 50% BULWARK, 20% ZOOM ZOOM

REACTOR:
Omniframes are powered by a reaction core. Reaction cores generate power over time, filling up a reserve that can be used to power frame abilities, countermeasures, movement, weapons and defensive systems. Abilities recharge by draining power from the Reaction core. Jumpjets recharge in this way too. Power can be prioritized between Mobility, Abilities/Weapons and Defense.
DEPEND IF LIGHT OR MEDIUM GIVES ME A BETTER BALANCE OF DAKKA AND SPEED

ABILITIES:
  • Active Abilities (abilities that the player can trigger and control)
  • Passive Abilities (abilities and upgrades that function in the background automatically)
PASSIVE ABILITY A - UNDER MY BANNER. PROVIDES SQUAD/TEAM MATES DAMAGE BOOST OR/AND DAMAGE REDUCTION
REQUIREMENT: WARBANNER
PASSIVE ABILITY B - WHO NEED AMMO. STEADY AMMO GENERATOR FOR ME AND TEAM MATES IN CLOSE PROXIMITY
REQUIREMENT: AMMO BELT AND UNLOCKED CERTAIN RABBIT ARTIFACT.

ABILITY A - EAT EMP, SUCKERS. MAKE AN EMP BLAST TO DISRUPT RABBITS FROM MUTATING OR THEIR TIME-LOOP BULLSH*T.
ABILITY B - TACTICOMM MODULE
(Credit goes to @Terib.Shadow)
Tacticomm module (Omniframe bound)

The Tacticomm modules allows direct communication with military operatives charged with the duty of defending each city, Having this module allows the player to call for a dropship strafing run, bombarding an area designated by the pilot, this ability is only available when attacking or defending a city and takes longer to become available again when attacking.

SHOULDER MOUNTED WEAPONS:
WEAPON SACRIFICED FOR ADDITIONAL PASSIVE ABILITY.
WARBANNER FOR BADASS LOOKS.
AMMO BELT, ALWAYS BRING EXTRA AMMO. ALSO, A COOL COSMETIC.

• Medium frametypes: Medium frametypes have an additional slot for both their secondary weapons, allowing them to dual wield certain guns.
PRIMARY: A F*CKING GRENADE LAUNCHER
SECONDARY: DUAL WIELD A DOUBLE DECKER DAKKA RAVAGER SHOTGUN. OR DUAL WIELD AN UNKEMPT HAROLD.

FEEL, LOOKS AND ACT(ION):
SAME LIKE THE HEAVY SYBIAN, BUT MORE MOBILE AND SQUADY. INTENDED TO PLAY WITH TEAM IN THE FRONT LINE.

PS: THE VISION/LORE QUOTES ARE FROM HERE https://forums.em8er.com/threads/section-omniframes-ver-2-edited.847/

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
I'D RATHER STICK TO THE HOLY VISION OF GRUMMZ, MECHANICS AND ACTUAL FEATURES.
AND WITHOUT THE CUSTOM WEAPON SKIN TOOL TO MAKE MY CUSTOM WEAPON SKIN FOR MY CUSTOM WEAPON,
I DON'T KNOW IF MY MAIN FRAME WILL BE MEDIUM OR HEAVY.

BUT F*CK IT, TITLE SAY "DREAM FRAME", SO HERE I PRESENT YOU MY LEGENDARY
SYBIAN
AS MEDIUM AND HEAVY VARIANT

HEAVY VARIANT

POWER ALLOCATION:

80% EXPLOSION, 19% COCKROACH, 1% SPEEDY GONZALES.
MUTATED RABBIT PANIC BUTTON: 40% PUNCH, 60% ROCKY, 0% SNAIL
REACTOR:
THOSE BIG ASS TOYS GONNA NEED A BIG ASS HEAVY REACTOR.
ABILITIES:
ABILITY A - METEOR-IN-YOUR-FACE. JUMP JET AND SLAM GROUND TO STUN OR KNOCKDOWN RABBITS. I'D SACRIFICE MY WINGS / GLIDERS FOR A BADASS JET PACK.

ABILITY B - ARTILLERY SUPPORT DRONE. GO INTO DRONE CAMERA MODE FOR A MORE PRECISE ARTILLERY STRIKE. CLICK LEFT MOUSE BUTTON TO FIRE ARTILLERY AND RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON TO PLACE ARTILLERY MARKER FOR THE TEAM. CAN ALSO ZOOM IN AND OUT. AWESOME, EH
REQUIREMENT: ANY SHOULDER MOUNTED ARTILLERY CANNON. KINDA STUPID TO HAVE THAT ABILITY WITHOUT ONE, RIGHT.
!WARNING! YOU'RE A SITTING DUCK AND CAN END UP AS RABBIT FOOD WHILE IN DRONE MODE.

ALTERNATIVE ABILITY B - ANCHOR MODULE (credits goes to @Terib.Shadow)
HUNKER DOWN AND BECOME AN IMMOBILE FRAGGING TURRET AND GO BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
WHILE SCREAMING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
THIS IS WHERE THE BIG ASS HEAVY REACTOR COMES TO PLAY. NEVER STOP SHOOTING. NEVER.

BUT SINCE TOO MANY SLABS ARE ALREADY USING THAT TURRET MODE.
MIGHT USE THE ADVANCED ANCORING MODULE IN COMBINATION WITH THE ARTILLERY SUPPORT DRONE OR TO KEEP SYBIAN SAFE WHILE GOING CRAZY WITH THE MISSILE POD ABILITY.

SHOULDER MOUNTED WEAPON:
MISSILE POD ON THE RIGHT SHOULDER AND ARTILLERY ON THE LEFT SHOULDER.
IF I CAN ONLY PICK 1 SHOULDER WEAPON,
MISSILE POD AND SWITCH ABILITY B TO "FROM TORGUE WITH LOVE":
HUNKER DOWN TO GAIN MAXIMUM STABILITY AND SHOOT BAZILLION SWARMING ROCKETS IN RAPID SUCCESSION, DRAINS SH*T LOAD OF ENERGY. I GOT A BIG ASS HEAVY REACTOR, F*CKING THOSE RABBITS FOR 2 SECONDS IS NOT SATISFYING ENOUGH.
PLUS. EXPLOSIONS ARE AWESOME.

PRIMARY: A BIG ASS HEAVY GUN WITH A LOT OF DAKKA. SOMETHING LIKE A MINIGUN OR HEAVY BOLTER.
SECONDARY: SHIELD AND HAMMER. THEM MUTATED RABBITS WANT MELEE, THEY GET MELEE. (don't forget to activate the MUTATED-RABBIT-PANIC-BUTTON)

FEELS, LOOKS AND ACT(ION):
MIGHT FEEL SLUGGISH, IT HAS BIG ASS HEAVY REACTOR AND BIG ASS JUMP JET, USE IT.
COSMETICALLY IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS BUILT WITH SPARE PARTS AND SCRAP PARTS, A 'LIL BIT OF STEAM PUNK. EXCEPT THE RIGHT ARM, WHICH IS ALL TIME MAINTAINED ELEGANCE OF HIGH TECH DESIGN WITH A PINKISH NEON LIGHT "SYBIAN" WRITTEN ON IT.
TIME TO GO OUT THERE AND SPREAD A LOT OF DAKKA AND EXPLOSIONS.

MEDIUM FRAME VARIANT

POWER ALLOCATION:

80% DAKKA, 4% SPONGE, 16% ATHLETE.
MUTATED RABBIT PANIC BUTTON: 30% KICKING, 50% BULWARK, 20% ZOOM ZOOM

REACTOR:

DEPEND IF LIGHT OR MEDIUM GIVES ME A BETTER BALANCE OF DAKKA AND SPEED

ABILITIES:
PASSIVE ABILITY A - UNDER MY BANNER. PROVIDES SQUAD/TEAM MATES DAMAGE BOOST OR/AND DAMAGE REDUCTION
REQUIREMENT: WARBANNER
PASSIVE ABILITY B - WHO NEED AMMO. STEADY AMMO GENERATOR FOR ME AND TEAM MATES IN CLOSE PROXIMITY
REQUIREMENT: AMMO BELT AND UNLOCKED CERTAIN RABBIT ARTIFACT.

ABILITY A - EAT EMP, SUCKERS. MAKE AN EMP BLAST TO DISRUPT RABBITS FROM MUTATING OR THEIR TIME-LOOP BULLSH*T.
ABILITY B - TACTICOMM MODULE

SHOULDER MOUNTED WEAPONS:
WEAPON SACRIFICED FOR ADDITIONAL PASSIVE ABILITY.
WARBANNER FOR BADASS LOOKS.
AMMO BELT, ALWAYS BRING EXTRA AMMO. ALSO, A COOL COSMETIC.

• Medium frametypes: Medium frametypes have an additional slot for both their secondary weapons, allowing them to dual wield certain guns.
PRIMARY: A F*CKING GRENADE LAUNCHER
SECONDARY: DUAL WIELD A DOUBLE DECKER DAKKA RAVAGER SHOTGUN. OR DUAL WIELD AN UNKEMPT HAROLD.

FEEL, LOOKS AND ACT(ION):
SAME LIKE THE HEAVY SYBIAN, BUT MORE MOBILE AND SQUADY. INTENDED TO PLAY WITH TEAM IN THE FRONT LINE.

PS: THE VISION/LORE QUOTES ARE FROM HERE https://forums.em8er.com/threads/section-omniframes-ver-2-edited.847/

Torgue....please don't change man, you are a gold mine

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Light
Medium core
Primary: plasma arc bolts, high damage 0.2 sec charge fire delay between each bolt, 2 rounds per sec, 50m/ps
Secondary: mimic: clones last ability used (old Leblank - from LoL
Ability 1: clone: creates hardlight-hologram of player, upon activation, player disappears for 0.4 sec, and reappears with hardlight-hologram, copies your movements and autoattacks but only 50% of your weapon damage. (and essentially taking 50% of your agro). Disappears after X amount of time.

Ability 2: shards: ice shards come from beneath the ground. lock-on target (crosshair autotarget with outline paint, whatever it points at) upon activation, target selected becomes immobilised. Has small aoe around target, damages all enemy's.

Shoulder: blink: 3 stacks, visible on mek. (Basically blink from tracer - Overwatch)

Harbinger - deception and damage, average speed, but squishy. (Like a mage)

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Light
Medium core
Primary: Gatling nano lasers, rapid fire (surges and slows enemy's, heals razors (ability 1)

Secondary: laser pointer, does no damage. Tells razors to go to location. Double click, orders all razors to hold ground.

Ability 1: deploy razor, mobile turret bot, moves with player in radius. All terrain + walls and upside down on ceilings. Walk with 360° rotation.
Has max # limit of razors

Ability 2: creator, collect scrap from fallen enemy's, players and razors (like torbjorn from Overwatch), 20 stacks max. Activation consumes max # of complete stacks:
5 stacks: creates defence by 30% on razors for X amount of time.

10 stacks: creates extra razor

15 stacks: creates replenisher bot, hovers around to nearest razor and lazor repair.

20 stacks: creates friendly tis hu / kaiju

Shoulder: (on top), left shoulder is a auto laser, repairs bots near you. right shoulder is an auto turret like from the razor (360° rotation like war machine from Ironman)

Omnibattler - conquer and control

Last edited:

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
So @Takahama over on Discord started dreaming up some build types. In Em-8ER you can build out any type of frame you wish.

1) Choose a light, medium or heavy frame (light can dual wield melee, medium can dual wield ranged, heavy can have a shield arm)
2) Decide on if your base frame will allocate power between defense, offense, mobility
3) Choose a reactor size (small, med, heavy) and keep in mind larger frames have more power so a heavy frame "small" might be as much as a light frame "medium" etc.
4) Pick 2 abilities
5) Pick a shoulder mount weapon
6) Pick primary and secondary weapon
7) Name it and give a brief description of how it looks, feels and acts.

Have fun!
So many awesome looking creations so far this may just seem like a combination of what has already been covered.

1) Heavy Frame (Gonna be carrying a load)
2) Allocation; Offense (50% --> 80%), Defense (25% --> 10%), Mobility ( 25% --> 10%) {Sliding scale explained later}
3) Heavy reactor (Exclusive pairing with healer frame; shunts all excess power to healing frame within 10m boosting their healing abilities based on available power)
4) Abilities

• a. Pheromone canister grenades (CGS grenades, Come Get Some)
    • { Ability slowly recharges (1 minutes each, stock of 3 - 4 canisters) by directly extracting player pheromones and combined with advance technological processing infuses attractants which send all contacted enemies in its explosion area (30m) into frenzied attacks directed at the issuing player. Canisters launch from player mech to distance of 100m and exploded releasing pheromone attractant}
  • b. Blitz/Block/Charge
    • {Ability recharge 30 sec. -ish; player rapidly advance in forward direction damaging and knocking back [stunning] enemies along its 15-30m path}
5) Close range scatter rockets - preset number of rockets fire from mech dealing medium to mild damage to random enemies within 50m {30/30/40 split for damage; 30% Boss/ 30% Assistant/ 40%Common would be estimate damage spread to enemies}
6)

• Primary
    • LMRPC - Liquid Metal Repeating Projectile Cannon
      • Very large weapon in size, replaces primary firing arm of mech frame to mount raw metal processor and storage tank which feeds metal resources directly from player inventory into the weapon.
      • Mounting of this weapon requires use of highest grade suspension components available.
      • The advances in firing technology allow this revolutionary repeating cannon to siphon both heat and power from the frame's reactor.
        • It uses the heat from the reactor to for both super-heating available atmosphere to propel its molten metal rounds and then using the same process in reverse to cool the commonly over-temperature barrel.
        • It uses mass amounts of power to both refine the metal resources and of course keeping metal in a liquid state requires constraint power draw.
        • During battle power draw may exceed frame capabilities and will draw down other systems to their minimal levels; ie processing ammunition and cooling maximum overtemp barrels at same time should result frame incapacitation for 30 seconds or more.
        • Trajectory; 0º - 50m Molten metal Maximum Damage, 30º - 51m -> 125m Metal slug semi- aerodynamic Medium Damage , 47º - 126m -> 300m Welding rod/Arrow - Minor damage.
  • Secondary
    • Tranquility (Yeah.... still burns they took away an earned player quest reward.)
      • Burst rifle - fires 2 - 3 round burst at medium range with high accuracy,
7) "Franck" for its resemblance in appearance to the mix-matched Frankenstein Monster of old. This monstrosity nearly looks like the engineers designed the primary weapon first and then threw everything but the kitchen sink at it to make mobile.

Anyway.... Was doing good till I had to name it.

This is a fantastic thread. Giving me ALL sorts of ideas.
We could all find your address, instead. Sneak into your house at night, all stand over your bed and whisper things into your ear as you sleep. And the next day: Et Voila! Flying Albino Warthogs with Shoulder Cannons!!

And the assless chaps. Can't forget those.
I'm sorry, but my first thought was:

We could have a flamboyant NPC based on 'Bear' from American Wedding. He could be a store-owner. Or a club-owner, providing R&R in his establishment (one of several competing establishments, maybe) to Reapers in their downtime. Or a simple bartender. *shrug*

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
At the risk of being a stick in the mud, I thought the whole idea of an Omniframe was that it was one frame (hence the omni part) that you can then tailor as required. I appreciate the need to split it into low, med and heavy types but now it looks like you're trying to have individual Omniframes with specialised equipment and names.

Surely we should be focusing on what weapons and abilities/modules are applicable to each of the three frame types???

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
At the risk of being a stick in the mud, I thought the whole idea of an Omniframe was that it was one frame (hence the omni part) that you can then tailor as required. I appreciate the need to split it into low, med and heavy types but now it looks like you're trying to have individual Omniframes with specialised equipment and names.

Surely we should be focusing on what weapons and abilities/modules are applicable to each of the three frame types???
I kinda figured that this thread was mostly Grummz gauging what frame type interested players the most as well as the sort of abilities and weapons to focus on first. With the limited dev team I assume that all of these items are going to be created in a staggered launch pattern so it would be important to create what players like more first to keep interest going.

Deatrum

May 10, 2018
Hi this is late
heavy frame, mostly a support heavy frame
So basically its all defense and supporting friends
heavy reactor
So basically it creates these shields around it, right? and any allies within that shield get bonuses like increased fire rate or more damage. The suit can also have shields that heal allies or just act as regular shields, blocking enemy damage fired from outside (but still vulnerable to monsters going through the shield). The idea is that its really slow, so the player can't fly all over the place having his shield benefits jump around everywhere. Higher levels of this omniframe (if they do have higher levels) can create much stronger shields and maybe some that even dont let monsters through if activated. They could also "plant down" their shields, removing their shields around themselves and instead dropping it in a location (like the center of a defense point). Of course, he could have multiple shields activate at once, like one for increased damage, one for increased fire rate, and a third to stop monsters. The catch is that this Omniframe doesn't get any one the benefits that it's shield gives it, like it wont get increased fire rate or more damage. This makes the omniframe relatively weak compared to other heavy frames. Its name could something really direct, too, like simply calling it "The Shield". I'm sorry im not being specific, Im not very good when it comes to specifics, but maybe one you will actually make a balanced frame out of this. And its guns also support their support role. Like giving them a mounted shoulder turret, that fires automatically at nearby enemies. It could also have a shield arm, definitely, and have like a mini gun in the other hand that doesn't do much damage on it's own but acts as cover-fire for all the other omniframes to run out of its shields, kill a bunch of dudes, then jump back in to heal and reload. So... yeah.

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania

as far as i know, that is still the idea. But rather than ask "what abilities/weapons/ etc you wanna see", they went with "build a frame". With this it is easier for us to think of more realistic and complete builds, not just drop random ideas we have.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany

NOT AT ALL.
THERE MIGHT BE 3 FRAMES, BUT THEY ALL SHARE THE SAME BASIC UPGRADES.
THERE ARE JUST SOME "SPECIALIZED" UPGRADES FOR CERTAIN FRAMES.

AND THE NAMES. YOU CAN NAME YOUR OWN FRAMES HOW EVER YOU WANT.
AND UPLOAD THE BLUEPRINT IN THE DATA BASE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS.

NOTHING STOPPING YOU FROM BUILDING A FRAME FAMILY WITH THE NAMES OF ALL YOUR RELATIVES.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Light
Light core
Primary - 2 handed: plasma shotgun, short -med range, high damage at close. Pellet release like roadhog altfire.

Altfire - short range lock-on beam, damage increasing. Like Symetra. Looks like Ghostbuster beam from gun. Low lifesteal.

Ability 1: blast jump. Blasts player up X height. If sprinting, blasts player forward at W/A/D key direction. (Blast height 2m, jump distance 20m instead for example)
Hold 3 stacks, cause squishy, fun and quicky dashing into enemy and blasting with shotgun is fun x3. (And alternative afterburners from faufau)

Ability 2: Crater (cause faufau)

Shoulder: Overclock - energy bar duration effect. Overclock increases run & sprint speed x2. Overclocking bar is 10 sec of time. Is a switch ability (on/off) no cooldown. When off bar recharges 1.5x p/sec. (Like jumpjets from any game, swbf2 original, faufau, Overwatch (pressing spacebar)) - visually see blue energy-like gas radiates from shoulders when active

Airwalker/firefly - squishy, high speed and mobility med damage. Needs close range to deal higher damage, can be great for both fast-paced for more skill and casual player.

Light
Light core
Primary: omni energy-blade (1 handed)
No secondary

Ability 1: cloak & dagger - Throw blade, press again to teleport to blade (like ff15)

Ability 2: recal to location of when Throw blade was cast

> If omniblade is thrown, right-click for blade to explode.
> If blade is pinned on enemy, and activate ability 1 again you tele to blade handle and Pearce enemy with 2nd blade with bonus damage. Combo with ability 2 to recall back to throw position.

> All blades that explode do same stat damage.

> Blades auto reload after 1.2 seconds after thrown
> Activating ability 1 after blade is pinned instantly gives another blade when you tele to it.

Shoulder: smoke & mirrors: gains stealth and increased movement speed for x amount of time.

> Attacking enemy from behind gains critical strike
> Reduced fall damage

Wanderer - very squishy, no aoe, single target assassin, utilises ability combos to maximize damage output and makes it harder to target.

Yeah, 2 more blueprints lol

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
TORAKAMI a.k.a. Sabrewolf

1 - medium frame with medium or heavy reactor (i'd have to see how both work to know for shure ;))
2 - Power / Defence / Offence would be 40% / 20% /40% as it's a medium range to close quarters build
3 - as said either med or hvy reactor
4 - ability 1: IAI - this is a charge up ability that uses a sword. it is in essence a short afterburner and sword strike. charging the ability for a longer time could give the player a longer AB or a more powerfull strike. note however that while charging the power up, the frame is motionless so care needs to be taken not to get shot to death :p
ability 2: AIRBURST ROUNDS a.k.a. Armor Shredders - similar to FFs Explosive rounds, this ability loads up special ammo inside a ranged weapon. unlike ER, this ability does not have AoE but instead it reduces the opponent's armor by virtue of the rounds fragmenting a moment before hitting the opponent, thus shredding their armor
5 - Shoulder mounted laser cannon - requires a steady hand and good aim as it fires 1 high powered laser beam
6 - 2x P90 SMGs and a 2handed sword