Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
DATE: 04-NOV-2023
Yesterday there was a discussion in Discord about no zero day posts, and how they are often misunderstood. One sentence being taken out of context leading some to claim it was just 20 minutes of work, which is grossly untrue.
I believe that until backers are happy with the progress of the game again, which is the top priority, that these updates will be viewed through a lens of negativity.
It does not help that there is a former community member actively seeking to destroy the game and community with a “if I can’t have it, nobody can” attitude. This person is actively using every opportunity to distort and lie about the project, to divide the community, and to destroy the game that everyone wants to see happen. This person has been banned from every single game they played or backed, and has threatened staff members with talk of firearms, and is currently in our discord gleefully sowing dissent and recording everything. Be careful who you respond to, as this person is also exceedingly manipulative.
The updates will continue, but keep this in mind. Thank you.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
DATE: 07-NOV-2023
E-mails sent! As we focus on getting the gameplay build ready for Q1 of next year, one of the decisions we must make is on the light frame.
Our previous design was very unique to Em-8ER, but we wanted to also try an original design closer to the spiritual kin of Firefall. We're happy to present both to you for a look.
Please let us know what you think? Should we go with a more FF centric approach, or the more uniquely Em-8ER look?
Which one should we use for the gameplay demo to get more people interested?
(React E for more Em8ER design and F for more Firefall design)

COPY OF POST FROM DISCORD WITH VOTES FOR "E" AND "F":

VIDEO LINKS:

"E" EM-8ER design

"F" FIREFALL design

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
DATE: 14-NOV-2023
Reworking of the light armor concept for the male just came in! Boots looking much better.
Waiting on rear view now. Tasked out new skin art for December. Worked with writer on the skin for Nov, which goes up tonight!

FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE NEW SKIN:

Ridge Hoppers are curious creatures. Herds of these large beasts can most commonly be found in rough, stony biomes. Their large bodies, covered in a thick leathery, are highly resistant to both extreme heat and extreme cold.
When faced with danger, they will huddle together and let out loud baying vocalizations. This is thought to be a form of warning. As a last resort, the Ridge Hopper can employ their sharp talons to devastating effect. However, when their trust is earned, they can be invaluable pack animals. They are capable of carrying heavy loads without tiring, and can easily navigate some of the toughest terrain Ember has to offer.
I recommend adding their DNA to our database immediately, these creatures may be useful for the foreseeable future.
- Carmen’s log

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
DATE: 16-NOV-2023
Alright, so UE 5 has a bunch of new modular features to swap things like weapon anims in and out. I asked Harry to look into how this might apply for things like clothing, not just weapons in game.
I also started to research the changes in UE 5 to see what might work for character customization.
Blockout has been tasked and when we get the male version of the light frame back, I will share it here.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
Status
Not open for further replies.