Introduction Thread

You might have stood behind me just to get a closer look, felt the urge to blast me with what your gun could handle, climb all over me, whistle at me maybe even made me dance or you found yourself not knowing anymore what mission you actually just clicked on...then you felt my presence.

And for the love of the Gods of Rock I will not sink a penny into this game if I can't make Ember the hottest chick in Cyberspace.

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
Estender, aka Marcuzzz, aka "A guy who has not paid a penny to blizzard and proud of it"

I was a FF beta tester since medic "removal", and to be honest i liked this version the most.
After "launch" i was returned to quake live, from there i actually come from, and some there around 1.3 i decide to look around the forums, that's there my ForumFall story begins.

By the way gaming not ends on FireFall, so if you need another "pair of hands" in another game, just call me.

Hoping what this game will make it through. All the best. Estender, aka Marcuzzz, aka "A guy who has not paid a penny to blizzard and proud of it"
20160719190150_1.jpg

Jul 26, 2016
Oregon
Hi there, I'm WTFCHICKEN just call me chicken, never been big on forums before but hey I like Mark and I figure I'll give it a chance while I look for a new game.

I was a founder for FireFall back in the day, I found it because of Extra Credits and when I found out they boycotted E3 all that time ago, I checked out the game and instantly picked a founders pack.

Also if anyone is looking for a like, if I see a post with a pun I will like it, the more terrible the pun the better.

So let's hope the devs hit the Mark on this one. Hopefully they won't end up in the red 5... times I guess. Guess I can't Kern them out like I used too.

enclave12

Jul 27, 2016
enclave here, played Firefall in CBT when my friends introduce it to me. my fav frame is mammoth... so please bring back my mammoth. ;)

Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hello all, SunderPlunder here . My name is Jason and I'm 19 and I live in Malaysia ( I'll get out of this sh1thole of a country eventually!!) Some of you may have seen me dicking around with Tragedy's army [SH*T} during patch 1.6-1.7 , b4 that i was in [Onyx] and [WAFLS]
I usually use tigerclaw and mammoth because they KICK ASS!!! and used to love the biotech classes until they went to shit.
I started playing FF during late patch 1.3 , had high hopes , only for it to be dashed . Here's to hoping this spiritual successor would succeed where FF did not :)

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
Hello my name is Galven,not much of a talker if afraid but firefall was a crazy ride so let's give this a shot

Cadbane

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Cadbane]Bat[, Ready and excited for a fun ride. 45 year old male from Wisconsin. Been playing video games since I can remember. Spent lots of time in Everquest (10 years), Half-Life is my staple game for when all else fails. I fell in love with Firefall, quit EQ... and well, now I do not have a home. I tried other games such as Warframe, Wolfistien, Halo. I even spent cash for the new DOOM and just completely lost interest. They just do not cut it for me, So I am praying like hell, this game becomes everything Firefall should of been.

Cheers to everyone!

Last edited:

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
NoahDVS here. No relation to the shoes or the gaming clan, it's just my name and my last name in all caps without the vowels.
I was a founder for Firefall and I loved the Firefall community, so it's nice to see a lot of the old Firefall players here. I was very active on the Firefall forum, but I'm not sure if I will be here. At the least, I'll check on things now and then. I'm still skeptical, but it would be nice to have a new, better Firefall.

Jul 27, 2016
Ukraine
Hello, hello :) It's cool to have the oppurtunity to watch how this forum is becoming alive. I'm almost 21 year old guy from Ukraine with a name that will be hard to pronounce for the most of you :D Been playing Faufau since 2014, it's also my only MMO. Sometimes I post BS, but will try not to do this on this forums.

Jul 27, 2016
Alright... this turned out to be a longer post than what I thought it would be but here goes:

FF was my first game to seriously spend a lot of time in an MMO world, get to know every single detail about it. I watched youtube videos and dev talks, and got more and more curious about the beta. So I signed up.

I spent a lot of time exploring areas, using different weapons etc. but after time the game got way too complex to keep up. There was a million different crafting items to make special guns, etc. and I just gave up after a while. It didn't help that they made item destruction a thing so I vowed to forever be a stock-only player and refuse to craft items if they were just gonna disappear.

I had planned on getting more involved socially with groups in the game too, so I did. I belonged to a few great armies and groups but overall I say I am a solo player (just like Kirito in Sword Art Online).

It wasn't too long that I discovered that there was this new open world boss called Baneclaw, and not many people could kill it.
I had some brilliant ideas in my head to zerg rush the creature with as many people as I could get from zone (people said it was crazy to even attempt), and it proved to work! Although the servers started to die with that many people in the game in one area. I kept at this plan of zerging everything in the game and getting to know many other players this way. If there was a huge event, I wanted to be a part of it. I soon hit limits with the friend lists, with over 1000+ players.

With the zerging came a lot of territorial beef. Another user was quite jealous and angry that we had stolen the spotlight from him regarding Baneclaw raids, after I proved that it was so easy with many people attacking at once. He was an elitist prick, a guy that thought only his group could kill the boss. He was not inclusive of other players, something I absolutely had to stand against. I think all players should get a chance. He made it his goal to attack us whenever possible and went as far as to DDOS many of us who had joined his teamspeak server at one point. It's okay though because I destroyed him.

I kept at this zerg plan for many of the other events in the game. We had key missions which I zerged and held events for. They were fun but frustrating at times because of the RNG drops. This is how I spent my time in firefall, just doing events for people and having fun.

Invasions were a thing and I had addons and invite helpers set up to mass-zerg rush any possible server. People would join, get the loot and the rewards, and then we would quickly shard-hop into another zone and get the rewards there, and keep going. Later on these were also removed from game.

Soon after, the events in FireFall just disappeared. It was no longer possible to group up for anything. I think it was after this time I just got more and more frustrated with the community because all they would do is whine and complain in the forums. I made fun of them because it's so easy, and this created a lot of enemies for myself. I don't really mind though.

I am back to being a solo player.
I dislike multiplayer games even more and more lately...
I think it's because I am a coop player, I don't PVP, I am not competitive at all.
Give me a good storyline and I will be content to just make my own fun.

That's me in a nutshell. Just waiting to see if Ember will be developed. If not, plenty of other games to still work on.
I have a Steam backlog and also a huge collection of PS3/PS4 games which I am working on.

ExtraSoda Here.

Found Firefall back when it was only up a couple hours on Wednesday, but didn't get a beta key until several months later. Was with that game for a long while (first game I can say I really fell in love with), and am here to see how ember goes. I played consistently through all versions of the game after o.5 through closed beta, open beta, launch and the patches that followed after (though not as much these past updates cause its not the same anymore). I enjoyed being part of the FF community (fanart, stories, music videos, helped host events, trolled on the forums a bit, was a mentor before official mentor program and then one after, and barcode member) and hope the same can be said for the ember community.

I look forward to following ember's (hopeful) progress. :)

Also, I can be a little crazy :D

Jul 26, 2016
Swizza here,
Tigerclaw/Nighthawk main. PvP orientated player. Honest and a fan of regulated/balanced PvP. OWPvP Can be cool to if applied properly. But enough about preferences and specialties. I'm a Open Beta player from firefall as many here offcourse. from belgium, my native language being Dutch, Flemish more specificly. So watch out for my flenglish sometimes if you know what i mean ;)

#TigerClawMasterRace

Jul 26, 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hello! My name is Fabricio, 21 was my age once upon a time and RJ stands for the state I's born and live: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil. I'm a 34 years old computer technician who enjoy games from many genres like Heroes of Might and Magic, Starcraft, Assassin's Creed, Legend of Dragoon, Metroid, Megaman... and Firefall, of course! I joined beta in 2012 and felt in love with the game since then, even buying a Founder Pack to help the project. Things doesn't turn out too good (specially the 180º spin on game launch) but I have to say the actual Firefall, while not so good and fun as in beta, still is (or was) a fun game, despite all the bugs and bad design decisions... I really hope Ember doesn't fall on same mistakes and become the Firefall we all felt in love back then. Now, back to shadows, awaiting...