Introduction Thread

Crystalyne

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
South Hadley, MA
Heeey!

Old firefall player here, joined towards the end of closed beta.. then quit until about a couple months back. Firefall really has gone downhill, so when I heard about Ember I was like heck yes! Can't wait to see where this goes (hopefully not the FF down-the-drain direction)

Jul 27, 2016
Hey! I'm Matt (DeyjaVou), played Firefall actively from 0.7 to present day, sunk hundreds to thousands of hours into thumping and mentoring, and enjoyed the dream game that effectively filled every niche I wanted out of a game. The game hooked me, and the community kept me there from 1.0 to 1.7

I'm here to see if I can play that dream game again, and help the community as much as I can.

OhhPaigey

Jul 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
I'm Paige, I'm 21 and I've been following FF for quite a while.

It seems after OBT every update was making me less and less interested in the game, to the point where I didn't care to log in or check the forums. Hopefully this will be different. :)

Main games I've played are Runescape, City of Heroes. I mostly play WoW and a few other indie games when I'm in the mood.

Geary

Jul 27, 2016
I'm Geary, I've followed Firefall since it was first announced, and I'm here to say that Mark Kern ruined it and he'll only ruin this game too. Seriously, look at the dude's track record and do not give that swindler your money.

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
I'm 46 and started playing Firefall in July 2012. Bought the Commander Founder's pack, and several others after that. I loved Firefall Beta, and had stopped playing after "release" due to the new leveling mechanics. But when I heard they were removing frames, I leveled up my frames during summer of 2015. I stopped playing last year due to the bugs and all the changes, figured it was better to just wait until they got it working. Rumors back then suggested The9 was going to shut down Red5 so it looks like that is what is happening.

I heard about Ember this morning when I received a PM in Firefall forums. I hope Ember can be made and I am glad to see that the forums went up so quickly. I guess we'll see how much interest there is. But yeah, a game that brings back Closed Beta Firefall? I'm in! (I'm also unemployed and have no money to give right now but I would if I could.)

Jul 26, 2016
I started playing Firefall about the time of the Steam official release. Prior to that I had an account during the beta but I barely played (hardware wasn't up to the task). Was introduced to FF by a friend who was one of the founders, although he hardly played after release.

Found a good group of fellas to play with. Maxxed out all frames, etc. etc. Managed to accumulate just about everything a collector could want except some of the older pets that were unavailable. FINALLY got an Inferno Cannon about 2 weeks before the 1.6 rollout <sigh>.

Interested in following Ember's development. I have fond memories of logging into Firefall for the first time in the midst of an invasion (of Copa? I think). One of my very first sessions involved a Tornado ... had no idea what was going on but it was probably the coolest thing I'd seen in a video game up to that point. Had no idea what a calldown was, but everything in the game looked promising.

Sad about what happened with 1.6 and 1.7. Played enough on PTS to have looked forward to 1.5, but then that all got scrapped and the 1.6+ nightmare began.

Here's hoping for better things for Ember.

Nemisis

Death Reaper - T.H.M.P.R
Jul 26, 2016
Like many of you here, I started Firefall in late 2012. Played the game every single day for almost two years, till just before launch. Those early days were what made me play so much and sink so much money into it. Now.... I mostly play it for the nostalgia of running in Coral Forrest.

Bradock

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Bradock here. I think I was one of the first ones to get a Firefall Founders pack and loved the game until it was reiterated about 8 times or so. Looking forward to see what the team can do with Ember. Stoked to be here.

Bring back good B̶a̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ engineer turrets please...

Hotshot007

Jul 27, 2016
Wherever my butt is currently
HELLO HELLO EMBER!

Many of you may or may not know me Im going to presume you don't and that's perfectly fine. For those from Firefall. I was THE contender for most posts on the forum with 25 thousand of those suckers posted. most of them RP related some of them general crap. but one way or the other I have come along hoping that this works out...perhaps even exceeds the expectations of the originator game.

Jul 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ok sure. Hi folks! I'm OhNoDomo!

I was part of the Firefall forums starting on the day of the forum launch, September 2010. Some might know me as the RP Forum Mod but otherwise I was little known outside of that. I held the the most forum posts for a few solid months until Hotshot007 lapped me on those hardcore (jerk).

I'm here because I saw what Firefall was suppose to be even before a lot of you did, and I'd love to see some of that come back to life. For now, one milestone at a time! ;)

Jul 27, 2016
Hello StormWing0 here,

Joined firefall sometime around closed beta and fell off the map when things started going down hill.

Lets see if we can show The9 how to really get support from the gamers. :)

Lomgren

Just your friendly neighborhood moderator
Staff member
Ark Liege
Ember Moderator
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Sitting at my computer
Hello everyone! Lomgren is not my my real name, but I've been using it online in one way or another since late 2000. I've been keeping an eye on Ember since Mark started gauging interest in a spiritual successor to Firefall, because I was in love with the original concept - the sandbox, horizontal progression skill-based MMO with dynamic events, AI war, all that good stuff. One of the few of the first 500 players still around, I eventually stopped playing after the levels and massive power curve were introduced, even though I stuck it out for a while and did play some of Devil's Tusk and did Kanaloa/Baneclaw runs.

I have played too many MMOs to count, though I started with Star Wars Galaxies, pre-NGE. Since then I've played WoW and Wildstar a lot, along with FFXIV, and a decent bit of GW2/Champions online, and yes, I even played a bunch of Runescape back in the day. I've dabbled in DDO, LotRO, CoH (briefly), DCUO, ESO, Neverwinter, Skyforge, ArcheAge (good ideas, horrible execution), TERA, Blade & Soul, Ryzom, SWTOR (Worst F2P model ever), Aura Kingdom (yes, even this, because of some friends), and Ultima Online on a private server. There are probably others I have played as well, but lost to the years.

#500Club represent!

TriBlade

Firstclaimer
Ark Liege
Jul 27, 2016
I'm TriBlade. 25, got my screen name from the number of knives I usually carry on me. Wish I had heard of firefall back during beta.