Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'General Ember Discussion' started by Nakiato, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Cepheus Antollare

Cepheus Antollare New Member

I'm AceAccess from Firefall, I joined the game sometime after Open beta started and left after it turned into a generic vanilla uninteresting mmo. I'm drawn to Em-8ER by the prospects of a spiritual successor to Firefall

Nationality: India
    Psychological Traits: Slightly insane
    Games currently playing: EVE Online, LoL, SWTOR

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Joenikorn likes this.
  2. MyLaw

MyLaw New Member

Hello all! MyLaw reporting for duty
    i wish the team best of luck with creating a beautiful game. Allready miss firefall...
    stats: 200 days gameplay of firefall, dindu afk.
    origin: Wayana
    skills: any vehicle and weapon

Joenikorn likes this.
  3. Mongoose

Mongoose Tsi-Hu Hunter

Formerly known as Ripsaw Bill, now as Mongoose (had the name Mongoose in-game FF since early beta). Looking to make Em-8er my new home. Best of luck to the team. Good Hunting all.

Joenikorn likes this.
  4. OnyxWolf

OnyxWolf New Member

Hi all OnyxWolf here, previously known as SqueekinOrka back in the FF days.

Joined FF September 2011 and became very involved in the game and community, I loved every minute of it and still miss it greatly!

I pop by here every now and then but got some catching up to do but looks like things are going very well. Best of luck to the team and hope to see you guys around.

5. Joenikorn

Joenikorn New Member

Hi! I'm Joenikorn, and I enjoyed playing FF!

Don't know when I joined, but I remember that one time when I checked in, after 4 months of not playing or so, everything was different and I just stopped playing after that.

Got here from that one post on the Steam page of Firefall, who else?

Mahdi likes this.
  6. W.cheff

W.cheff New Member

My name is Tom but I go by W.cheff online. Professional chef, Australian, Firefall founder from... um... whoa I feel old now.

If you have any food questions I'll answer what I can, but most of my expertise is in steaks, burgers, roasts and other assorted pub foods.

Fabricio21RJ and Mahdi like this.
  7. Mahdi

Mahdi THMPR Inbound - Gatestrider - Firstclaimer

Always a joy to see a fellow cook around. Although mine is a hobby, not professional. The Reapers welcome you!

Pandagnome likes this.
  8. LeoKira997

LeoKira997 Firstclaimer

Heyo o/

LeoKira997 is my username but just call me Leo. I have been a member for a little while now but I haven't made an effort until now to really do anything on here. I really like mechs and kaiju and I was already following Mark on twitter for the things he usually posts about so naturally when I saw that he was making a mech vs kaiju game I knew that I just had to have it.

I mainly play RPG style games like Phantasy Star, Star Ocean, Shin Megami Tensei (and all of its spinoffs), Borderlands, Overlord, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Elder Scrolls and Fallout, with Phantasy Star being the series that I have played the most out of all the games that I have played. Around 6000 hours in Phantasy Star Universe, 400-500 or so in the Phantasy Star Portable series of games, and I recently started playing Phantasy Star Online on GameCube. Also played through Phantasy Star IV, really enjoyed it, highly recommend it if you are looking for a retro game to play.

I listen to pretty much any kind of music but punk rock, pop, rap and pretty much anything with a techno kind of sound to it are my favorite. Grew up listening to a mix of Mudvayne, Sublime, Primus, Too Short, Green Day, Morphine, Descendents, 311, Alien Ant Farm, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani and Gorillaz. Don't really listen to much new stuff unless its Danny Brown, Big Grams, Post Malone or if an older band/group/person I listened to when I was a kid releases a new album.

Watch a lot of anime and cartoons, some anime I really like are JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Gundam, Code Geass, Evangelion, One Piece, Dragonball and Black Jack. As for cartoons those would be Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Powerpuff Girls, Edd Ed n Eddy, Teen Titans, Amazing World of Gumball and Sonic Boom (somehow they managed to make the show really good while the games are just absolutely horrible). I stopped watching TV years ago so for live action shows its all old stuff, Three Stooges, Becker, Cheers, Mama's Family, Seinfeld, Golden Girls, stuff like that. Spent most of my life with my grandparents and that's what they liked to watch and what I ended up liking to watch.

Anyway that seems like enough of me rambling about stuff that doesn't really matter, glad to be here and I hope to see you all in the game when it's complete and any other game that we might have an interest in (hinthint Vanilla WoW).

Mahdi and Pandagnome like this.
  9. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member Kaiju Slayer

I was going to ask a popular dish you knew for vegetarians/vegans if you had any?

10. Mahdi

Mahdi THMPR Inbound - Gatestrider - Firstclaimer

Whoa Leo, lots of info to digest. But to hit on a couple, Code Geass is hella awesome. But really I wanted to comment on Phatasy Star IV End of a Millenium. Top 5 greatest rpgs right there folks. Better than Chrono Trigger. Ya, I said that.

11. wangmauler

wangmauler Terraformer

I've also been told by a personal friend that Phatasy Star IV was better than Chrono Trigger. I guess I'll have to check that out then :)

Mahdi likes this.