Introduction Thread

Jul 10, 2017
I'm AceAccess from Firefall, I joined the game sometime after Open beta started and left after it turned into a generic vanilla uninteresting mmo. I'm drawn to Em-8ER by the prospects of a spiritual successor to Firefall

Nationality: India
Psychological Traits: Slightly insane
Games currently playing: EVE Online, LoL, SWTOR

Last edited:

MyLaw

Jul 10, 2017
Hello all! MyLaw reporting for duty
i wish the team best of luck with creating a beautiful game. Allready miss firefall...
stats: 200 days gameplay of firefall, dindu afk.
origin: Wayana
skills: any vehicle and weapon

Sep 21, 2016
Formerly known as Ripsaw Bill, now as Mongoose (had the name Mongoose in-game FF since early beta). Looking to make Em-8er my new home. Best of luck to the team. Good Hunting all.

Hi! I'm Joenikorn, and I enjoyed playing FF!

Don't know when I joined, but I remember that one time when I checked in, after 4 months of not playing or so, everything was different and I just stopped playing after that.

Got here from that one post on the Steam page of Firefall, who else?

Nov 3, 2017
Australia
My name is Tom but I go by W.cheff online. Professional chef, Australian, Firefall founder from... um... whoa I feel old now.

If you have any food questions I'll answer what I can, but most of my expertise is in steaks, burgers, roasts and other assorted pub foods.

LeoKira997

Firstclaimer
Jul 12, 2017
Heyo o/

LeoKira997 is my username but just call me Leo. I have been a member for a little while now but I haven't made an effort until now to really do anything on here. I really like mechs and kaiju and I was already following Mark on twitter for the things he usually posts about so naturally when I saw that he was making a mech vs kaiju game I knew that I just had to have it.

I mainly play RPG style games like Phantasy Star, Star Ocean, Shin Megami Tensei (and all of its spinoffs), Borderlands, Overlord, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Elder Scrolls and Fallout, with Phantasy Star being the series that I have played the most out of all the games that I have played. Around 6000 hours in Phantasy Star Universe, 400-500 or so in the Phantasy Star Portable series of games, and I recently started playing Phantasy Star Online on GameCube. Also played through Phantasy Star IV, really enjoyed it, highly recommend it if you are looking for a retro game to play.

I listen to pretty much any kind of music but punk rock, pop, rap and pretty much anything with a techno kind of sound to it are my favorite. Grew up listening to a mix of Mudvayne, Sublime, Primus, Too Short, Green Day, Morphine, Descendents, 311, Alien Ant Farm, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani and Gorillaz. Don't really listen to much new stuff unless its Danny Brown, Big Grams, Post Malone or if an older band/group/person I listened to when I was a kid releases a new album.

Watch a lot of anime and cartoons, some anime I really like are JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Gundam, Code Geass, Evangelion, One Piece, Dragonball and Black Jack. As for cartoons those would be Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Powerpuff Girls, Edd Ed n Eddy, Teen Titans, Amazing World of Gumball and Sonic Boom (somehow they managed to make the show really good while the games are just absolutely horrible). I stopped watching TV years ago so for live action shows its all old stuff, Three Stooges, Becker, Cheers, Mama's Family, Seinfeld, Golden Girls, stuff like that. Spent most of my life with my grandparents and that's what they liked to watch and what I ended up liking to watch.

Anyway that seems like enough of me rambling about stuff that doesn't really matter, glad to be here and I hope to see you all in the game when it's complete and any other game that we might have an interest in (hinthint Vanilla WoW).

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
My name is Tom but I go by W.cheff online. Professional chef, Australian, Firefall founder from... um... whoa I feel old now.

If you have any food questions I'll answer what I can, but most of my expertise is in steaks, burgers, roasts and other assorted pub foods.
I was going to ask a popular dish you knew for vegetarians/vegans if you had any?

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Whoa Leo, lots of info to digest. But to hit on a couple, Code Geass is hella awesome. But really I wanted to comment on Phatasy Star IV End of a Millenium. Top 5 greatest rpgs right there folks. Better than Chrono Trigger. Ya, I said that.

Jan 10, 2017
Worcester MA
www.youtube.com
Whoa Leo, lots of info to digest. But to hit on a couple, Code Geass is hella awesome. But really I wanted to comment on Phatasy Star IV End of a Millenium. Top 5 greatest rpgs right there folks. Better than Chrono Trigger. Ya, I said that.
I've also been told by a personal friend that Phatasy Star IV was better than Chrono Trigger. I guess I'll have to check that out then :)

Nov 3, 2017
Australia
I was going to ask a popular dish you knew for vegetarians/vegans if you had any?
Ingredients; 2 Brown Onions, 4-6 cloves garlic, 2 long red chillies, 2-3 carrots, 3-4 zucchini, 2-3 eggplants, ~500g Button mushrooms, 3 cloves, 2 bay leaves, ~10g Italian Herb mix, 1 tin diced tomato, 1 jar tomato based pasta sauce, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, variable amount water, olive or vegetable oil, spaghetti/linguini/pasta of your choice, salt and pepper

Method: READ THE WHOLE THING BEFORE YOU START COOKING!
1. Dice your Onions (about 2-3mm), Mince your garlic (or buy minced garlic), Chop your chillies/carrot/zucchini/eggplant but keep them separate (about 5 mm), Slice your mushrooms (about 3-5 mm)
2. Put a big enough pot on the stove at medium-high heat, have a spoon/rod/stirring device ready and add a splash of oil. heat oil till just before it starts smoking then add your onions, garlic and chillies. cook, stirring often until the onions become soft and translucent and barely start to brown.
3. Add your carrots and continue cooking and stirring till the carrots start to soften, then add your tomato PASTE and cook/stir for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the zucchini and eggplant and cook/stir for another 3-4 minutes, then add your mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the tinned tomato, pasta sauce, and water(the water measure is ~1/3 of the tomato tin and/or 1/3 of the sauce jar) then Stir in the bay leaves, cloves, salt, pepper, and Italian herb mix.
6. Turn the heat down low, and cook the mixture till it reaches the desired consistency. for best results cook for 4-5 hours stirring every 20-30 minutes adding a touch of water if it starts to get too thick.
7. Can be served with pasta, used as lasagna or jaffle filling, or just eaten straight out of a bowl. serves 5 and up depanding on portion size.

Hints and Tips:
-Turn the pot as you cook to ensure a more even cook and reduce the chances of burning, not all stoves heat evenly.
-Make sure you get into the corners of the pot when stirring
-Of you're worried about burning the food, lower the heat, but allow for longer cooking times
-most of the vegetables can be changed/removed/added to suit your personal tastes, just try to keep the amounts of Carrots/zucchini/eggplant/equivalent vegetable roughly even.
-meatatarians can easily replace the eggplant with (or just plain add) 500g of beef mince.
-this recipie can easily be frozen for up to a month and a half with little to no loss in flavour, it lasts about a week and a half in the fridge.
-don't eat the pot while it is still hot.
-Mileage may vary.