General RP OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2016
Tennessee
I assume it has to fit into the lore, it cant be a magical cum monster..right?
Correct. We're building on a scifi/space opera world with little lore. So little lore, that we're making most of it up as we go along. Please follow the queues of the vet RPers in here (they should be obvious) until you're comfortable to start inputting your own ideas.

If you throw in a mech made out of frosting or a magical fairy or jizz monster, you will be promptly asked to change it and if you don't, you will be promptly ignored by all RPers until you decide you actually want to be part of the Ember RP and what it entails.

(Warning to all, not just you.)

Jul 27, 2016
Tennessee
I'm not going to require it right now, but is there a way for those using images in their sigs to downsize them? If we get lots of ppl with images, it's gonna be hellish to scroll through the RPs (or any thread, for that matter). @Dreadnought do you have a smaller version of your pic? Or are you willing to use it as your avatar instead? Again, I'm not requiring it right now since you're the only one but if it gets outta hand I might start making serious requests of everyone.

Dreadnought

Scout - Emberite
Jul 28, 2016
Malaysia
as of now i dont think there's even an option to upload my own... because it ask for the URL... :/

(Oh also is it just me or the "Home" page is fucked...)

Jul 27, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
I'm not going to require it right now, but is there a way for those using images in their sigs to downsize them?
If I remember correctly, standard programs like Paint can let you select the picture in question and resize it, be it you want it to be smaller or larger. It fucks with the image quality quite a bit, but it's a lifesaver in terms of cleared space.

SgtSavage

Jul 27, 2016
If I remember correctly, standard programs like Paint can let you select the picture in question and resize it, be it you want it to be smaller or larger. It fucks with the image quality quite a bit, but it's a lifesaver in terms of cleared space.
Paint dot net is a very powerful free piece of software that I use often for image editing.

Jul 27, 2016
Tennessee
(I just noticed the human only rule after writing up my character, if it requires changing then let me know but I will clarify that the only changes her race makes is to facial appearance and skin colour. Thanks)

Race/Ethnicity: Human (British)/Baelial (Skorvan)

Even if you already had her written up - if you saw it, why wouldn't you change it anyway?

Please don't make me have to ACTUALLY become a Babysitting GM again. I'd super appreciate it if everyone followed the very few rules that are up as well as talked these things out amongst themselves and leave only the big conflicts for me to settle.

Dreadnought

Scout - Emberite
Jul 28, 2016
Malaysia
anyway domo I wanna ask something...................how about the timeline. like day and night cycle. This is gonna be hard since we actually have no one to monitor the time.. or putting some stuff like after the 20th post 4 hours have passed or so on...

Jul 27, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
anyway domo I wanna ask something...................how about the timeline. like day and night cycle. This is gonna be hard since we actually have no one to monitor the time.. or putting some stuff like after the 20th post 4 hours have passed or so on...
What if we were to say that the span of times passes, say, 10 or 20 minutes with every post? It would help with keeping a consistent passage of time.

SgtSavage

Jul 27, 2016
The issue with this is that not everyone is around all of the time. Time in RP is flexible. If someone in a group leaves the table to get a coffee and 3 people say something then does that mean that it took them an hour to walk to the counter and back?

Time doesn't necessarily have to pass at the same rate everywhere at once. Just let things flow naturally.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
Tennessee
I agree to taht idea... so meaning in a single day.... its basically.. 1 day is equal to 144 post or 72 post... daym
First off, thanks for finding a smaller photo for your sig! It looks much better for everyone reading through and they still get to see your character. =)

Second, I agree with Savage. Time was always very flexible in the original FF RP specifically because not everyone is around all the time. We are bound to have RPers from Europe or other parts of the world if we don't already.

These RP's are far less structured and far more "Let's write an action story together!" type of deal. If you need it to be night or the next day, just come here, tag a few RPers you're involved in, and ask if you can advance time that far. Usually, you wait until whatever scene you and others are doing has mostly come to a close.

I'd love to see the return of SHORT RP posts to allow more and faster action to happen for people, leaving long exposition pieces to introductions (like right now) or major story plots that need some explaining. I'd love to see the return of everyone contributing small plots that everyone can get involved in or out of easily while we build up Ember and The Burrow.

I'm taking a more hands off approach to GMing this one... for now. If I start getting complaints or seeing things just go completely off the rails though, Scary Domo may make a return to keep things on track. =)

Dreadnought

Scout - Emberite
Jul 28, 2016
Malaysia
well the reason I raise this question because right now I'm building up my character meaning it'll be a lot more detailed and as you can see the others as well, since we just moving about in The Burrow and I noticed I wrote it too detailed which make it a long post,so to save time I tend to write " After X amounts of walking/ After X Min of working etc etc... how does that gonna fair with others time line.. like if i progress too far or too slow how everyone gonna catch up or I'm going to catch up... thats just some debate I'm thinking cause the plot will move on regardless :/

Jul 27, 2016
Tennessee
like if i progress too far or too slow how everyone gonna catch up or I'm going to catch up...
Easy. You wait for them.

Or, you become a one-man show and simply RP by yourself.

I would say at least 50% of the RPers we already have have school, jobs, or other lives where they simply cannot be here the whole time so it will be on you if you want to wait a bit for them to join in or if you want to go it alone.

Even with your 72-posts per RP day theory, there are some who may miss out. What if an RPer suddenly can't join in for a day or two but everyone else continues at a steady pace? You've effectively locked them out by setting a hard limit on it and said screw them, they weren't here to post x-amount of posts to stay caught up.

Pace of time is set by the players - it is your choice if you wish to whiz past everyone else who seems to be getting along OK and perhaps only a couple hours have passed in RP time thus far (from what I've read, others may feel differently).

Jul 27, 2016
Tennessee
Alternately, if your character has not had any REAL interaction with other characters yet, who's to say they didn't arrive 3 days ago in RP time? That's fine, so you're currently posting 3 days in the past, and eventually your character will catch up to "current day" and be able to interact.

Again, this is not a hard-ruled RP. I won't set time limits/post limits on anything and the players are going to set their own pace. If you find a person you like RPing with and they agree to this limit you like, then you two or three or ten can use that. Just be mindful that not every RPer is going to use it and you'll end up in your own little time bubble unable to interact with other RPers.

Dreadnought

Scout - Emberite
Jul 28, 2016
Malaysia
yeah I kinda guess that, guess I have to make a reasonable pace here and there and probably actually let my character sleep longer/shorter. I guess for now this ain't a problem.. once we reach like 30 ppl joining RP ... hooo things gonna be intense..

Status
Not open for further replies.