Ember's Discord Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSlayer873

Jul 27, 2016
Varna, Bulgaria
this how lively their discord is keep in mind that there are 200+ ppl online ba9f3b36850a4faf9ca5644c084eeeea.png
Edit: feel free to go witchhunting for my alt, firstly you will never find me because i've never said anything except a hi when i joined and secoundly even if you do i can just change my ip and make a new one

Last edited:
P

PCMasterReece

Ya know..there's nothing wrong with being PC...in the "olden days" it was called "being polite" and "having respect for others".

Us "grandmothers" actually remember when people had some manners. It's a damn shame that to apparently to be accepted now you have to be an asshat.
Nope, being PC isn't being polite, you can be polite without being PC.

Back then their was no such thing as PC. It's a new creation since the start of Tumblr and it's their way of censoring anything they find offensive. Faeryl has obviously noticed that and decided to play along.

As you can tell, nothing I did was disrespectful ,my name didn't offend anyone, no one reported it. Why did I get banned? Because Faeryl and John got pissy that it's 4 letters longer than 20 because it seems to matter so much to them.

Discord has a 32 character limit for a reason, They don't need a rule if Discord already has a limit unless they just put it there to be dictatorial.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
So even though this is a gripes section, we clearly state ad-hom attacks are not allowed. This thread has devolved into name calling and I'm disappointing that Reece, after promising me in chat he would not call anyone names, has done so here.

I'm not banning anyone, but I'm going to lock this thread and then delete it.

As for Discord, it is fan run. We do not operate the chat. That said, I'll be meeting with the Discord Ember folks in chat later this week and seeing what's up.

Btabc

Veteran
Jul 28, 2016
Florida
www.facebook.com
I've been trying to stay away from this, but since Mark and mods have been dragged into this I feel like I need to share a few words of my own. I've been that small voice that advised no punishment and more friendly approach to everyone and I still do, I want to welcome everyone no matter what banner they carry. But some people took it upon themselves to be disruptive on fan-run discord server, this disruption resulted in punishment and as confirmation of the fact, they continued and dragged it to forums and even dragged Ember staff into it completely ignoring the fact that ember staff has better things to do than being tangled in such childish drama.

You have problem with Discord administrators/moderators, you go to them and sort it out.

Wait... this is about drama on Discord?!?!?!

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
If Saturday morning cartoons have taught me anything it's that fighting amongst ourselves is what the enemy wants! We must stick together, unite forces, and turn into a big robot to fight back the evil! :p
with nuclear warheads attached to our shoulder and go BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM on thee enemies!

*marching with explosion in the background*
........wait, my team was behind me..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what have I done?

PS: I think my butt is on fire

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2016
Switzerland
darkcisum.com
Well I assume the people who got banned were banned for some reason, but the admins reasoning is really stupid (at times?).

Like I posted a link to a Twitter account where someone was bad mouthing Mark and then I get warned that this violates their precious rule #2.
2. No personal attacks of ANY kind will ever be tolerated. Antagonizing other members is unacceptable so be respectful and courteous to ALL your fellow server members.
So apparently if you share something where someone else bad mouthed Mark or any other precious pearl of the community, you get a warning (or even ban?). That seems reasonable... NOT.
Hope you ban everyone who links to Reddit or maybe even this forum? Because you can find everywhere posts of people who say bad things to other people and whoosh you're in violation...

MollilMayhem

Jul 27, 2016
GA, USA
Just for my curiosity and boredom, what exactly happened at the discord channel?
My take on it is that apparently "some people" seem driven to cause "discord" wherever they are, and just couldn't resist doing whatever it took to annoy and disrupt the admins at the Discord server. It's silly, immature behavior because "drama queens" need an audience.

P

PCMasterReece

My take on it is that apparently "some people" seem driven to cause "discord" wherever they are, and just couldn't resist doing whatever it took to annoy and disrupt the admins at the Discord server. It's silly, immature behavior because "drama queens" need an audience.
(fuck it hiatus over)
Actually, what happened was @Luran got banned from the channel (at the time it was a perma ban) for talking to @Ammara, Ammara got banned for talking to Luran. (will edit because it is true, Luran did get a bit Cringey but still not an offence)

@DemonSlayer873 I actually don't know what he got banned for. I think it may have been complaining about Luran being banned. Something Tragedy also did except he did it to insane degree.

@Imaqtone well this one was silly, he didn't seem to break any rules. The only slightly negative thin he said was don't get too hyped up for Ember (which is true).

Then there is me :) I did EXACTLY what Xeevis has told people to do. Privately contact them if you have any grievances. Well I did that, I contacted the guy I knew was still running things. What happens. When you contact them. They will ban you if they don't like you.
They never banned me because of my name, which again discord already has a limit so you don't need a rule for one, no John pretty much admitted why when he stated he doesn't like me.
(I had been warned about my name once. That was during the chat I aired my grievances out but seeing as I wasn't banned for my name, that doesn't matter. My name was Reece The Great Dictator, please tell me if you think that is a bad name or not).

Forgot to add there was a user named MacPat that was intentionally provoking people all day that day, he only got muted. navigated round it because Faeryl doesn't understand how roles work and then started provoking people again. He hasn't been banned and he is supposedly a great community member (my ass is he)

So there you go, you can either take that read it and think. "Hmm maybe they are right".
Or you can do what everyone else does, see that I wrote this and think. "Oh he 's lying because John said so".

Anyway back to the Hiatus. See you later

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonSlayer873

Jul 27, 2016
Varna, Bulgaria
I am pretty sure that no one gets banned for JUST "talking to" someone.
Point is, if people don't like the "rules" on the server they are on, they should go make their own place to hang out and try having a server with no rules and see how that works out.
This doesnt change the fact that i was banned without any warning or notice or that reece was banned for leaving i can provide you with screenshots if you dont believe our words

Status
Not open for further replies.