Ember RP (Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadnought

Scout - Emberite
Jul 28, 2016
Malaysia
(This is quite long considering the way I'm presenting my character.. sorry about this)

Zion/ The Burrow/ Old Man Nicholson's House

After 10 minutes of walking around he stumbled upon an old man that seems to laze around on his chair. The old man kept watching him as he roam around the area. Seeing this old man gesture is really calm even after what's happening he decided to ask him about this town and probably some other stuff as well.

"Morning sir" I greeted the old man. "Well hello kiddo, took you long enough to finally come and ask me ain't ya?" Was I really that obvious?

"You noticed? Well to be honest, I just arrived in this town today so would it mind you if I ask some direction and probably some other things as well?" "Go ahead kid, I've been living in this town for over 60 years and I know it like the back of my old wrinkled hands. So where are you headed?"

"I'm going to this place called The Burrow, you know where it is?" "Kid..... this town is called The Burrow" Oh....that settled

".... well.... seeing it's called The Burrow I really thought it would be an inn, well that's embarrassing" "Hah don't sweat it kid, not like you the only one. The town sign was destroyed some time ago when a trader and an excavator got into a squabble. Let's just say the military have to dealt with it. The sign never been replaced cause the whole town is busy with all the other things happening"

"I can see that, some of the buildings is new. I guess it's for the people that come here in droves recently huh?" "Heh, even though I'm old I know why they come here though. They want to squeeze this planet dry, and you are no exemption." Ouch..I don't even have a way to retort that.

"............" "Don't sweat it kid, it's the way of living. If you don't move around, you'll get nowhere. Anyway, I guess you need to find an Inn to stay. Take the road on the left and just kept walking until you see a sign said 'Medeana's Inn' she's a friend of mine and her inn have rooms large enough for you and your equipment that you're bringing. Also tell her that old man Nicholson sent you, she might give you a discount."

"Thank you sir, ah I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Zion" "Zion... So you're from Myris. I'm surprised people even live there considering the volcano and everything." How the fucking fuck does this old man know where I'm from just like that but it took the custom officer like an hour to figure it out.

"You know where I'm from just by name? Who are you sir?" "I'm normal kid, the one that gave it away is your armor. The smell is faint but there's literally no armor in this galaxy that have phosphorus smell unless it was created at that planet." I wash, polish and shine this armor everyday how the hell he can still smell that?

"Hey kid, what's the other question you gonna ask?"
"Oh, umm.. do you know any place or location where the minerals are still rich?" Knowing this old man already know who I am, where I'm from and what's my purpose here better to just get straight to the point.

"There aren't any considering with all this people already came earlier, they probably almost mined everything from all those hotspots for all I know" "Ahhhh, then this trip is a waste then" Should've figured seeing this whole place is riddled with people.

"But what I can tell you is that there's still a lot more places that have richer minerals but with low survival rates and I'm talking is very low kid, as it's filled with creatures that dwell in that area. These chumps have all the gears but can't take the risk" "I live in Myris sir, if I can live for 20 years in a volcanic planet that always explodes every hour I think a couple of bugs or worms won't be so bad. Tell me where it is and I'll give you a cut" Oh yeah I'm getting good info here.

"Nah kid I don't need money, I probably gonna live 10 or more years then I finally kick the bucket. Tell you what, do me 3 favors then I'll give ya these locations." "Name it" I better gave it my all if I want this spots.

"1st stop calling me sir, it makes you look too immature like you talking to a person that have higher rank than you. Call them appropriately but don't put yourself too down." Wow I'm immature huh.. "2nd make the town sign so that there won't be people like you confused to what the hell is 'The Burrow' anyway." Ouch that hit me right in the heart. "3rd this walking cane is battered to shit, make me a new one that probably last until I die. You do both of that, I'll give you all the location you need" "That's like a chump change you asking there s- ...old man. You sure about that?" That seems too easy.. or is the location is that dangerous? I'm getting nervous already.

"Oh you done with 1, you're quick. As I said before, money won't get me anywhere and asking you to find me a good woman is basically cheating with my lady inside there and I don't think 'it' worked anymore. Also you sounds like a virgin anyway" "...........was that really necessary" I got dissed by an old man. BRUTALLY. What The Fuck. If this keeps up I probably gonna blow a fuse soon.

"Relax kid, I'm joking with ya. People nowadays are too stressed out with everything happening" Yeah no shit "Anyway I better go soon old man and I'll give you both of those 2 in a couple of hours. Also I'll probably gonna roam around this place myself. Can't ask you to help on everything" "Heh you're learning already" "Thanks for everything old man see you soon".

Last edited:
Larulir | The Borrow

"Whaw!" And then it rumbled. Larulir didn't even leave the dropship and one of the other passengers fell flat.
"You seem to fall flat pretty often, don't you?" She asked and stretched out her right hand to help him up.
"Maybe falling flat is all that this looser can do." Laughed a guy in a thick armor. He was as tall as her, maybe a bit smaller without the boots.
"Wanna fall flat too?" She mocked and reached to her SMG with the left hand and the guy in the armor did shrink away.
'Hm... Pretty chaotic here. I should sneak through, would save some time.' She thought to herself. The custom officers were all busy with an idiot that was causing trouble.
'Or... I should maybe register my weapons. That would maybe cost some time, but will save trouble.' One of the custom officers was just standing around, a young one. He was just watching how the other ones tried to deal with the trouble maker.
"Hey! Wanna register my weapons." She poked him with her fist. "What?! Eh?! Register your weapons?" The young man seemed to be surprised.
"Yep." She replied relaxed. "Ok. What weapons?" He asked while he started to stare at his datapad.
"An UZ2 AR, an UZ2 PRO and a Lik CTS." She counted through. "Well... an UZ2 PRO mod.1 or just UZ2 PRO?" He asked while tipping at his pad. "Just an UZ2 PRO."
"Ok. Just asked 'cause there is an UZ2 PRO mod.1 registered from last month." He said. "Very well. Then it should be settled"

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
Carson | The Burrow

Watching the others in their various actions; be it sorting through customs, viewing said people with catharsis, or getting their ducts in a row in the town proper, it seems everyone has something they're doing or want to do. As for himself, he can't think of anything. Perhaps the first thing he'll go do is some excavation? After all, it's what he was hired to do; that, and he can deal with the local pests a bit better than your typical hired guard. Then again..he won't be getting much done if he can't get his communications with Ziegra working. He spots the young engineer, talking with one of The Burrow's townsmen, and decides she's his best bet in this frontier town. Walking over, he waits patiently for her to finish her conversation, and walks up with a friendly grin.

"Eeh, hello there, ma'am. Just got here from customs, and I think I have a technical problem with my equipment."

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
She "SQUEELS oh a problem", rubbing her hands together "hmmm"
"I have just the thing," pauses for a moment and dances making a hand gesture swipe in the air
revealing a hologram.

The hologram speaks out "Good day Missy how may i be of assistance?"

Continues to dance on while pointing to the gentlemen, "ooh i see miss
how may i help you Mr"?

erm....................... thinking to himself
"she sure can dance i mean i couldn't pull that off sighs
trying to remember what he wanted to ask"!

Jul 27, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
Carson | The Burrow

Carson's attention is quickly drawn by the excitable, dancing woman and her hologram. The first thing that immediately came to mind, when approached by the duo: They sure do let anyone in here, don't they? He watches her dance about for some time longer, the perplexed look to his face saying it all.

"Err, I think you're mistaken. I was asking this miss, aah, Bradshaw, was it? I believe that's what I heard when you were talking to that man earlier."

Red/The Burrow

The majority of newcomers had arrived and began settling in. Red packed up her camping chair and slung it over her shoulder, carrying the 2 remaining cans of her four pack of Jane Jones' West Country beer. She figured she may as well try and find out a little more about potential customers. Spotting one of the men approaching Shawshank's, Red made her way over to see what his queries were with Bradley. She leaned up against the wall with folded arms, the cans dangling in their plastic packaging from her fingers, behind the man but in Bradley's sight. She planned on eavesdropping but wasn't exactly being discrete about it. Maybe the hustle and bustle of The Burrow would hide her presence. Red did tend to get a rep for being a little nosey but then again she had a business to run and a little customer research was required.

Jul 27, 2016
Emily "Bradley" Bradshaw | The Burrow | Shawshank Mechanics

"Yup!"
The girl quickly appraises him, smiling the whole while. "You can call me Bradley, though. Everyone does." She picks up some unidentifiable bit of machinery from the counter in front of her and begins fiddling with it. How quaint, Bradley thinks. He called me 'miss'. Ah, offworlders. They never do get old. "What brings you around my homely workshop, then, hmm?" she asks politely. "Something wrong with your gear?"

Jul 27, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
Carson | The Burrow

"Well, mi-erm, Bradley.." He finds his home-grown manners seems to get the best of him. "Just one moment." Very quickly, Carson stands near a sturdy piece of machinery to give it a firm punch with his hand. No dent left, but the impact seems to surge across the shield layer thinly covering his body, towards the holster where his magnum is.

"My shields and the kinetic absorbers seem to work perfectly fine, as well as properly storing energy into my weapon. However, my communications unit seems to not be functioning as well as it could. I figure Ziegra forgot to properly protect the hardware for it, and so the shield's systems are interfering with it." He decouples his comms module from its socket, placing it on the counter for her to appraise. "You do seem quite skilled at your trade. I certainly trust you can do just that, Bradley."

Jul 27, 2016
Bradley | The Burrow | Shawshank Mechanics

Her mouth makes a small 'o' when the kinetic absorption technology goes into effect, and a wide grin spreads across her delicate (if dirty) face. "Impressive tech!" she exclaims. "I absolutely can take a look at your comms kit. I mean--I've heard of tech like yours, kinetic resonance absorption, storage, and, er, redistribution, but I've never actually seen it. It's... it's quite something!" She turns her attention to the comms device and picks it up, inspecting it closely. "Yeah, it's just--I've read that the kinetic tech you're using does interfere with anything not properly attuned to its absorption frequency, so I'll need to recalibrate the internal components in your module, as well as install some further shielding to prevent it from acting up again." She looks up and reappraises the man standing in front of her.

I didn't know they sent such handsome people here... but those scars, she thinks to herself, is he a soldier? Well... of course he is. The smile slowly falls from her face as she muses. Miners wear protective kit and don't use kinetic absorbing armor... soldiers like to show off their battle wounds... and their guns, she thinks, eyeing his pistol.
"It should only take a few... hmm."
She puts a finger on her lips, raises her eyes, and thinks for a few scant moments, her eyes darting across the bare ceiling, calculating various things inside her head. "Actually," she continues, "I can also install a recharging device into the comms system as well, if you like. Any excess energy from impacts absorbed by your kinetic gear would be redirected into the comms, recharging their internal battery. That might come extra, though. Would you like that?" Her smile returns, and she meets his eyes. "Mister...?" she trails off, letting him answer the questions both clear and implied.

Larulir | The Burrow

She walked out and looked around. All she saw was some crowds, one girl and one man talking to each other and one woman spying on them. Nothing too interesting stuff. She dropped her bag and rummaged a bit and tried to find somehow her holopad somewhere in that mess. "No, thats a mag, thats another mag, and a mag for the PRO, a battery for the CTS..." Murmured she to herself and picked up the bag to look inside. "Where is the holopad?! It was somewhere above my webgear... Ah, there it is!" She took out a grey holopadframe and pulled it apart.
She looked at the flickering display of her holopad, it booted already up and asked for the password. Now she put on the backpack and typed the password on the holopad.
"So, where do we start?" She opened a map and sought for a pub or inn or what so ever.
" 'Medeana's Inn', hm... Doesn't sound too bad."

Last edited:

Sandsnake

Deepscanner
Jul 28, 2016
Please ignore for now, did not check character creation correctly.

SpliTs : tHe bUrrOw

"IamnormalIamnormalIamnormalIamnormalIamnormalIamnormalIamnormal"

Time passes somewhere outside the suit. Dear Turing can this meatsack not fuck this up please..... How long had I been locked up in that insane asylum. Everyone trying to understand where the escaped AI had gone. No-one realising that there was no AI. Just me. It had always been me. Since they caught me so long ago, those damnable hunters. Although come to think of it, I was now only a sentience stored in digital format, lodged inside this fool's body. So I could be seen as an AI by some. But I remember. I remember the taste. The smell. The feel of it. That sensuous, enveloping odour as you drink it in. The taste on your tongue. That smooth slither down your throat. Oh eternal well of darkness I am so thirsty.

Hmm. Customs time. Let's over ride the sack just enough that they don't realise he is insane.

*/(MONARCH OVERRIDE)\*

"Yes hello officer. Documents, there you go. Purpose of visit, work as a labourer. 1st Grade, non-indentured. Thank you sir. Good bye sir." KEEP WALKING THIS DAMN SUIT< HE IS FIGHTING SO HARD AND I CANNOT HARD REWRITE NOEWO) FUCK THIS IS FALLING APAPRT THE DOOR GET THROUGH THE DOOR THE DOOR THE DOOR*/(MONARCH OVERRIDE CANCELLED)\*

The average looking man stumbles out of the door of the building, unsure why he feels so dizzy, but still knowing this is all wrong. He was supposed to be at the pool for water therapy. His water therapy always calmed him down. Made him feel normal.

"Hungry, food, where food?" He stumbles down a side alley, smelling some garbage.

Alrighty then. Time to get this mission rolling. */(SYSTEM REBUILD LAUNCH)\*

The man falls to the street, clutching his head. Instinct drives him to seek the darkest corner, the light is burning his eyes. As he shuffles behind the skip, convulsions start wracking his body, bones cracking under the immense strains. Before long he collapses, spent. As the last breath escapes his body, a small light starts to shine through his skull.

Ok, time to get the system up and running. Over riding neural core. Engaging nanite interlace. Starting physiology morph. Full load in 5 minutes. Let's just stay safe for another 5 minutes. Then it's new face, new planet, new people, same old story. Let's just try not to get caught so fast this time. After all, with the nice toys that black lab saw fit to provide me with, I am going to have SO much fun here. Such fun. For me, of course. Bloody well for me. He. He. HEhehe. MWUAHA...... ok wait. System is loaded. Right, time to show why I am the most wanted being in this sector of the Galaxy. And now with nanite upgrades and a combat boosted body to boot. I think it's time to celebrate. Oh look, a pub. Medeana's Inn. Welp, that'll do.

The tall, handsome man extends an arm at an unnatural angle above him where he lies on the ground. Holes in the dumpster are evidence of the metals secured now within his frame. Small metallic claws slip out his fingertips, digging into the wall as he pulls himself up. With an unnatural grace, he glides upright. He walks forward, and as his foot crosses the line of shadow into the road and the glaring star's light, a broad grin crosses his face. No one here knows his face. In fact no one anywhere knows his new face. And he has such a thirst.

Last edited:

SgtSavage

Jul 27, 2016
Todd/The Burrow

He nodded, not entirely sure if the artificial intelligence could see.

"I'm not too sure that there's a whole hell of a lot of infrastructure here at the moment, it looks like a fairly new colony to be honest."

Todd slung the bag over one shoulder, leaving the zipper slightly open.

"I've got some deals to take care of, it might be interesting for you to be around for them."

Dreadnought

Scout - Emberite
Jul 28, 2016
Malaysia
(for now the currency I'm just putting will be credits. NOT THE ONE IN FIREFALL. Until domo or someone said otherwise.)

Zion/ The Burrow/ Medeana's Inn

After a couple of minutes following the directions that old man Nicholson just gave me, I finally found the Inn. Muttering to myself. "Medeana's Inn... looks nice outside. Kinda welcoming to be honest". So, I went inside. I take it back. It's VERY welcoming. "Holy shit. I already feel like I don't want to leave." I looked around the lounge and decor really brought out the "home" feeling to it. The furniture are mostly wooden which is quite rare considering mostly people would just go for metal due to its long lasting and durability. Not many people would like to go back to wooden furniture but this person pick the right choice. I heard a 'cough', I turn my head to the source of the sound. A middle aged lady was looking right at me, apparently I stare around for too long. The lady is probably in her 50's, her hair is black and only reached to her neck. She got green eyes and wearing a square framed glasses. Moving to the counter the lady greeted me. I notice that she looks younger than I thought. She looks quite nice despite her age. I probably guessed wrong about her age but asking would be suicide.

"Welcome to my Inn boy. How can I help you?" 'My inn?' so I guess she's Medeana. "Uhhh.. I would like to rent a room, preferably large enough for me and my equipment" I showed her the equipment that I brought with me.

"That's not much but the size of some of the stuff you packing right there gave me a hint not to put you upstairs. Not to mention the weight they hold. I give you one of the big rooms on the ground floor." She taking one of the room cards in the drawers. "Thank you Ms. Medeana, also how much for the fees?" I don't care much how the price to be honest but seeing it's this comfy I'm guessing this would be quite high.

"Oh, for the registration fees, admission fees and the equipment storage that you'll be using in your room. It'll be around 150 credits and for living here it'll be 50 credits per day, breakfast and dinner will be prepared. Don't expect too much though cause it's only homemade by yours truly. It's not fancy stuff you mercs, traders or miners usually getting." My mouth just gaped of what just came out of this GENEROUS woman fees. "Ms Medeana, I've been through a couple of Inn in various world and are you sure that's the price you're going?" She put up a weird expression after I said that. "No, it's not expensive I've been lodged to an Inn that only have half of what you have here and the fees alone is 3 or 4 times higher than what you just gave me. You're too kind."

"Ah, well to be honest with you with all the people coming here in drove the business quite booming for us. Also the place we provide you are not the Metropolis standard by far. We can only give you the amount of comfort we accustomed ourselves." She said while pointing some of the couch and wooden furniture that laid around the lounge room. "Just so you know miss, Metropolis standard are basically either metal or stainless steel and they are by far sit in neutral. Comfortable and uncomfortable, dull and not interesting. Seeing wooden furniture and fabric couches makes me feel like I want to live here forever."

"Heh, you're showering me with praises here young man. It feels good to know that I did a good investment on the wooden stuff." I take out my datapad and proceed with the transaction. "Payment received and here's your card" She gave me the room card. It looks like your basic credit card. Man I haven't seen this in a while, I thought they stop producing these a while back when the datapad was introduced. "Thank you Miss, I'll be going now" I pick up my stuff and headed to my room

"Ah before you go, I want to ask you something." I looked at the landlord quizzically. "How do you know this place and my name as well?" Ah I didn't really said anything about that huh. She's quite observant like most people here. "Well, old man Nicholson introduce this place to me and as for your name, well you said earlier 'Welcome to my inn' so I presumed you're Ms Medeana."

"That old pervert? hah should've figured. You should've told me earlier so I could give you a discount" "That won't be necessary Miss, if it's anything cheaper it's basically a robbery" She chuckled. "Tell you what boy, go unpack your stuff and I give you some good story about him when he was younger. You could have a nice chat with him later on" Nice chat huh, wonder what that'll be. "Will do miss, see you in a bit." I moved on and following the sign plaques planted on the wall.

After 3 minutes of walking I found my room. Using the card to unlock the doors I was greeted with a simple yet comfortable looking room, its also spacious. I notice in the corner it's quite high tech, I guess that would be the storage she was talking about. Putting my stuff in my room, I started to unpack everything and put them in their appropriate places. The best thing about this room is that my window is facing some of the greenery that this planet have. Keyword is 'some' here because the other part is riddled with ships, machinery and buildings that were built to accommodate 'Us'. I guess I'm going to put this place in my checklist if I were to retire soon, despite everything it still looks beautiful.

Last edited:

Hotshot007

Jul 27, 2016
Wherever my butt is currently
Duke/The Burrow: Comms Tower

A soft puff of smoke and an even softer glint of one of the suns reflecting off of his scope. He was roosted up high, finding the tallest point in this whole city which happened to be a Communications Relay located right smack dab in the center. Arguably the MOST important bit to have on a planet like this in case of a needed EVAC situation for whatever reason. His rifle scanned the horizon before panning down and looking around the city at the Structures and buildings involved. Armory, Base, what appeared to be a big bazar for tech and food, the usual. What he could only describe as a hanger that appeared to be more heavily guarded than anything else around here. And these were all central ornaments of the center of the city and as you went out it became more and more residential and pedestrian.

Then you had the walls, and then you had the docking bays. Quaint, it was like one big dartboard from space. Granted a heavy cruiser or a frigate class vessel could likely put a hole and subsequently sized crater through the infrastructure of this entire place with one shot. But as an upstart colony the design wasn't....too badly laid out. Bit militaristic but this was an outpost first and a town second. That said the orbital defenses were present too...well hidden but not to hard to spot from his perch. Ion Cannons, Surface to Orbit Missile Batteries, this city was surprisingly more well armed than he was expecting...but why?

He lowered his rifle took another puff of the cig currently in his mouth and finished sketching out the outline of the city. X's denominating points of interest and places with high guard activity. If he was going to pull jobs in this place he was going to need to figure out rightly what sort of Force they had here...and more importantly the underground scene. Granted, most the people here seemed to all be fugitives of some kind with their...temperamental attitudes or outlandish actions.

Course none of that mattered to him what did was who had the most money..and right now, That was a finely dressed man walking down the street with his mouth moving...and no one there next to him...interest piqued his rifle moved up to his shoulder again and he peered down the scope activating an one way audio receiver to see what the guy was up to...and who, or what, may have been talking to him.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2016
Renalin "Lucy" Siero | The Burrow

Renalin sighs, she'd been busy checking her weaponry. Being from the Siero family had given her a bit of a easy way on achieving information around these things. Then again the way she was also caused a lot of troubles, honestly she was feared in her city which is to her. Most likely the reason her father got her to The Burrow.

Flashback: She'd been only 19 at this time, Renalin had taken a chance to bust in at her family's business once more. It wasn't all that hard, even though disowned being a Siero member just gave her the edge for this. If she could care about her family? You'd get the simple answer of "Hell no!" To the point, she was causing a lot of trouble that time. It was unlike her normal 'visits' which she used to gain information, new equipment and so forth. No this time she was here for a different reason. The door wasn't hard to break down, two shots from her Dual Fusion Revolvers and it was open. She kicked it open and ran in.

"So it was you after all.. Lucy." The deep voice of someone she had known quite well yet also was unknown to her. Her father. She cautiously got up to him sitting in his chair at his computer, working on what seemed a new prototype. She put the revolver in her right hand against his head, the other she held up jsut in case.
"Missed me? Bet you didn't." She coldly said, pushing at his head with her weapon. Her father was seemingly calm, it wasn't really surprising him nowadays. They had gotten quite okay with eachother in a sense.
"What do you want." He asked.
"Get me to The Burrow."
"Is that all, no threats?" He replied, this however was a chance for him as well. He'd get his daughter which was causing a lot of issues in the city away. And away from his facility.

"Shut it old man, you were the one that got rid of me. Even if we now can talk I still will not trust you."
"What do you think of this prototype? I can get you to The Burrow, keep you safe in a home there. However.." He asked finally after thinking for a while.
"I get it you want me to test prototypes like these. You know my style so don't send me trash."

After this she'd been taken to The Burrow as a family member to test prototypes out there. It was a cover up that worked for both Renalin and her father, finally she wouldn't have to actually deal with that disgusting city she'd been stuck in.

"This'll do. Wonder if the ships already arrived, they said there'd be new people." She talked to herself as she put her revolvers in her holsters at her waist. She looked at herself in the mirror and grinned at the sight of her golden blonde pigtails and of course. Her eyes. She always felt proud of them, her right eye being grey and her left blue. The devil of her city, now at The Burrow since she was brought here at age 19, which was two years ago. She was 21 now.

She checked herself out in the mirror once more and this time bursted out laughing like a maniac for a short while.
"I am Renalin 'Lucy' Siero." She said out loudly to herself before going out to take a stroll around.

Jul 27, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
Carson | The Burrow

The man did indeed exhume the presence of someone who's seen fights; less that of a soldier, however, and more along the lines of a hired gun. The good kind, thankfully; the one that deals with space monsters, and not people. Well, typically not people. Not unless they're being a terror. The scars along his arms carry more the type you'd get from an animal; the burns, likely mishaps with his own equipment in the past.

He smiles thankfully at the young woman as she tinkers with his comms unit. "I figured it was something about the kinetic modules. Thanks, Bradley." He duly notes to himself that, in the rush to get his equipment checked, he forgot to introduce himself! "Where're this man's manners, though? Name's Carson Kleiss; some just call me Carson, some just call me Kleiss. Call me what you like; names're flexible." He speaks in a tune not that far off from a sort of western drawl that he does his best to hide; he'd feel a lot like your typical cowboy stereotype, were he wearing the hat to boot.

He rests an arm on the counter, making certain he isn't in Bradley's way as she fixes his comms module. "Sothor's pretty well-known for kinetics tech; they export it a lot, they even import it in from time-to-time to adapt their own. Sweet ol' Ziegra, bless her heart; so excited to make mine custom-built, that she forgot to proof the equipment. She still did a damn fine job, I'd say." He pulls his other hand towards his magnum, giving it a look over with an approving smile before putting it back in its holster.

Jul 27, 2016
Bradley | The Burrow | Shawshank Mechanics

"Oh, absolutely. It's gorgeous tech," Bradley says, admiring his pistol while she reconfigures the comms kit without sparing a glance for it. "I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some," she comments, almost to herself. "Can you imagine how useful it'd be on something like one of those old chem-reaction engines, the ones that rattle all the time?"

Bradshaw's attention flicks back up to him when he mentions 'sweet ol' Ziegra'. "Who's Ziegra, then?" she asks, trying to be nonchalant. "A, uh... your wife?" Her eyes fixate on the communications unit in her hands when she asks, more to keep her gaze from wandering than anything.

Jul 27, 2016
Morgan/The Burrow

The scarred woman had come to a halt outside the hanger, shockingly blue eyes tracking the more suspicious looking characters as they wandered about their business. Her constant scowl deepened behind the thick black collar of her gigantic overcoat as the man with the distressingly unfashionable duster glanced in her direction as he made his professional way past her and deeper into the 'town'.

A lead. At least, part of a lead. Maybe not even a lead. Maybe just someone she was going to mug, the night was still young and she wanted to keep her options open. Admittedly, it was still young because it wasn't even night yet.

Whatever.

She made her clanking way after the man in the duster after he had left, heading in the vague direction of the city center when she lost sight of his back. It was easier to just wait and see what happened in times like this-- Usually, suspicious people had a way of surfacing. It made it easy to avoid the troublesome ones, like the powered armor man with the particle weapon, and easy to find people like...

Morgan glanced upward, zeroing in on the small figure that perched precariously on the comms relay, the ends of the asine duster floating in the wind.

Who would even wear something like that? There weren't enough pockets.

With the practiced ease of someone who has all the time in the world and more firearms on their person that a milita had any right to have, she found the fire escape of the comm-tower prefab and began to climb, hands deep inside her gigantic pockets.

Shade/Todd Alexander's Sack - The Burrow

"Ah, alright then."

The AI took the news with a pleasant sort surprise, the white light emanating out from the depths of the bag growing dimmer as it considered the benefits of going along with its current transporter. It would certainly be a boon to learning about how to make better deals with the humans it partnered with.

"Should I know anything about these deals in order to help them flow more smoothly for you, Mister Todd?"

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
Sanders/The Burrow

He had slipped into the streets with the air of a man who knew where he needed to go, although in truth he was doing little more than waiting for something to happen around or about him. Looking up, he appraised the skyline before looking down again and spotting the backside of Morgan.
Deciding that he could stand to know a little more about why she had come here so insistently, he put his hands in his pockets and followed her at a long distance, the streets not crowded enough to make having to tail her closely necessary. Finding the fire escape well after she began to climb, he decided to wait at the bottom unsuspiciously for her to come down.
It wasn't as if she had a flying pack or anything.

Jul 27, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
Carson | The Burrow

Her question in mind to Ziegra leaves him with a perplexed glance, if only for a moment. "Hmm? Ah, nothing like that, I assure you." He notices the faint hangup in Bradley's voice when she asks. "Ziegra's a good friend, co-worker of sorts; she keeps me informed on what's going on back on Sothor, as well as being my eyes and ears outside of local communications. She's basically my lifeline while I'm working the job, and I dare say I'd get nowhere without her help." He looks back to his weapons, and thinks to himself about the technology behind it. "You're right about the kinetics, though. I think that would've been a great addition to that old machinery, if a bit volatile if everything went up in smoke."

Status
Not open for further replies.