Update: Geesuit/Character Concept Art Poster. 3D Prints in Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Liking the coloration of the terrain! The geesuit has a tron sort-of-feeling; Will the colored lines glow?

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
Liking the coloration of the terrain! The geesuit has a tron sort-of-feeling; Will the colored lines glow?
In this concept they are primarily reflecting in their lighting, if emissive at all it's very minor. For in game stuff though there's always time for stuff to change, or maybe it's intended to glow but only when it gets dark and you need light.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
She does indeed have a big smile. I too dig the teaser on size comparison with the thumper. Ohhh kaiju events are going to be awesome.

(Insert Torgue's ka boom here)

It doesn't copy tron that much, but that isn't a bad thing. Good concept art. Going the right direction with it all.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
(Insert Torgue's ka boom here)
*KA-BOOM'O'DOOM*

NOW LOOK AT THAT SH*T. NOW THOSE ARE SOME BIG BEW....... OMFG. THAT GUN IS DISTRACTING ME.
AND IT SEEMS THAT THMPR NEED SOME F*CKING MANICURE.

OH RIGHT. THOSE BEWBS. BACK TO THOSE BEW.... GUUUNS.... I MEAN BEWBS.
TECHNOSH*T SO ADVANCED.
F*CK SILICON.
GET BODY HEATER AND ALL THOSE SURVIVAL SH*T IN TWO BAGS THAT NEVER SAGS.
*BOOM*
FOR 300 GRUMMZ-NUTZ
*BOOM*
LIMITED SH*T. GET. F*CKING. IMPLANT. NOW.
*BOOM*

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
She does look overly happy....who wouldn't tightly hugged Gee-Suit, Big mech, a finely tuned gun and onwards adventure!
Next a male version art too?

Would be good to find a rl look a like to suit up and sit on a big hand :D

Really like the suit design, but the girl looks like she is really happy about the new chest implants she recently received. I do hope when the game is playable that there is the option for a more natural look.

Even more excited to see some upcoming testing about to happen.
Yeah. The suit itself looks cool. But, hopefully there will be less-revealing and more practical designs. The big-boobs and cleavage feels gratuitous and terribly boring. Especially if it supposed to be for environmental protection (against temperatures and circulation...etc.). Zip it up! Like a hard-driver mode for gee-suits.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Glad you like the suit. Yes, she's unzipped it for this, but it's usually zipped up to the neck.

As for her expression, wouldn't you be thrilled riding in a THMPR's hand on a new planet? But don't worry, it's not the game's tone. This is more of a pinup poster.

Glad you like the suit. Yes, she's unzipped it for this, but it's usually zipped up to the neck.

As for her expression, wouldn't you be thrilled riding in a THMPR's hand on a new planet? But don't worry, it's not the game's tone. This is more of a pinup poster.
Hah! Excellent!

I'm just...I don't know...I feel like I've been steadily growing out of and even get annoyed by eye-candy, now. :) Not always.

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
U guys gay? :D Shes awesome, I like your direction devs :D
I'd say she's not bad if she was acting slightly more natural. As what is meant to, in game, be a pin up poster/advertisement then ok, but as a poster for/representing the game it feels off. She's too clean, too happy, too questionably posed/clothed/positioned...

If she's working with mining crews on a planet with hostile aliens, heavy machinery, her omniframe, and who knows what type of living quarters in the further out mining bases, then she should look more like this in my opinion. Can still look good, can still show some skin, but should feel more natural, look more interesting like she's been through something or got a story to tell or like she's done something lately.

When I see a poster like this one I normally just ignore it and move on to the next thing. As it is the character doesn't have enough... character, to her to really make me interested in her, she's just a perfect smile and an exposed chest. No small scrapes or signs of activity on her clothing, no small trinkets to show her interests, nothing really to make her look like a character as opposed to just a pretty face (with a rather large smile). And since the background doesn't really have much going on it wouldn't pull me into the world that way either. Gotta have some smaller story, setting, character, little things added in to get me more interested normally. Only real interest in this piece is because I already know of Em-8ER.
To make this into something that would catch my eye on it's own, you'd probably want to turn it into a poster with wording like "Join the mining crews and find your fortune!" or something with the edges being slightly staticy or paper textured/worn to make it feel like it's an in universe advertisement, that at least shows a bit more story, though still not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.