Old Firefall players, please respond!

Aug 19, 2016
I loved playing FireFall so much that I wrote the scifi book "Battleframe" that was loosely inspired by some of my experiences in the world. Seeing the book published and available on Amazon was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. BTW - I'm three quarters of the way through book two in the series and I'm just about to release the audio book for Battleframe.

What I really liked about Firefall was the camera system for recording gameplay....it was awesome. You could create some quite spectacular videos at the click of a button.

My friends and I really missed Firefall. We used to spend our time exploring, climbing and gliding our way across the land.....looking forward to having those good times again. :)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I loved playing FireFall so much that I wrote the scifi book "Battleframe" that was loosely inspired by some of my experiences in the world. Seeing the book published and available on Amazon was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. BTW - I'm three quarters of the way through book two in the series and I'm just about to release the audio book for Battleframe.

What I really liked about Firefall was the camera system for recording gameplay....it was awesome. You could create some quite spectacular videos at the click of a button.

My friends and I really missed Firefall. We used to spend our time exploring, climbing and gliding our way across the land.....looking forward to having those good times again. :)
Ah would you help in the Em8er novel too?

Is there a way where battleframe will have a mention of the em8er universe or some cross over stories?

let us all know when battleframe book 2 is done? :)

Jul 27, 2016
alphamachina ─ Firecat / Beta > onwards 'til the end.. Btw, is this Em8er game ever going to release, or is this one of those neverending development cycles where people buy millions of dollars worth of content they'll never get to use? I'm just wondering.

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
Btw, is this Em8er game ever going to release, or is this one of those neverending development cycles where people buy millions of dollars worth of content they'll never get to use? I'm just wondering.
Grummz has made it quite clear that the game will only get a full release if the funding goals are met. So far each "milestone" fundraiser has far exceeded the goal markers. Additionally there are over 600 monthly subscribers which funds server upkeep and other parts of the project. (you can read more about the subscription here). There are playable demos available to anyone who has backed the project that show the current state of development. Grummz does plan on producing a timeline for the development alongside the kickstarter which will fund a full time dev team. There is an end goal planned with the intention of further expansions paid for by crowdfunding.

All in all there's no guarantee right now but I see a lot of support from the community, passion from the devs, and actual demos that show progress. It is a leap of faith for the players but the amount of funds raised during each milestone, the transparency, and the demos available made the leap quite easy for me. It's not going to be Firefall but it really looks and plays like the sci-fi shooter FF could have been.

Aug 19, 2016
Ah would you help in the Em8er novel too?

Is there a way where battleframe will have a mention of the em8er universe or some cross over stories?

let us all know when battleframe book 2 is done? :)
Interesting question.....until I play em8er I'm not sure how it would fit into the Battleframe universe. I'll let everyone know when the new book and audio book for Battleframe is released.....maybe I could post a few sample chapters.
Thanks for your encouragement. :)

Dec 26, 2019
Living legend in the flesh. Nr 51 on the firefall gravestone.
Reknown for bastion solo S3 thumping.
Maxed all frames.
Feats like naked engineer vs S3 in antarctica cleared.
Army leader of a maxed clan of 100 members that cleared the firesnake worm boss on regular basis.
Famous innuendo video editor of the Oilspill vs aero video.
Firefall was good times, good memories, lots of exploits and was ruined when launched.
Version 0.8 was the best, where it payed off with uber builds that were truely giving you the edge for all the effort you put in the game.

Where's the regenics!?
Regenics1000.jpg

What is this game all about?
how do i get in on the demo of EM-8er?

Last edited:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
-- AWESOME STUFF!! --

What is this game all about?
how do i get in on the demo of EM-8er?
I will be HAPPY to answer your questions about Em-8ER!
However, since this is a thread for Firefall players to find each other, I'll start a new thread and tag you there.
:cool: