Old Firefall players, please respond!

Grissom

Terraformer
Dec 8, 2016
Bastion main and closed beta tester since back when all we had was a hut in the woods. I've been itching to get back in a frame again, and I'm praying Grummz can give us what Firefall was supposed to be.

Long shot, but any of the old Ronin grunts make it here?

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
I'm a bit of a bitter-ender.

'Swhy my totem is the aardvark ( We've been around since the Pliocene and we'll be here tomorrow )

Finally deleted Firefall installations ( Public Test, Standard & Steam ) from my PC yesterday.

Alas poor Firefall! We hardly knew ye...

Aug 30, 2016
Damn I loved Firefall and played since Closed Beta.

Unfortunately what I see here in how Em8er is shaping up does not make me want to play it. Em8er will never be firefall. I loved the art style, the characters and the whole feel, but Em8er just 'feels' cheap. I know its nowhere near being a playable game yet so I am just basing my opinion on the lore, art and details provided in the official website and forums, and I don't like it at all sadly.
I really want to though.

Ultimately I still hope Grummz can get the IP for FF but that is just illogical wishful thinking. I will keep tabs on Em8er as it progresses and see if it changes my mind in the future. best of luck to you all.

Dec 19, 2016
UltraBob here

Hey, usernames can be difficult sometimes...

My memories lie in my first frame, the standard biotech
Being hopeful, you will likely see me as a support in ember (99% chance I'll choose support)

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2016
Welp I guess you can toss me on this list (same name).
I think it was right when the game went open beta that I started but can't remember anymore. I do know what killed the game off for good (at least for me) was levels being added in and more or less making it like a normal RPG or at least the parts that didn't fit with what the game was (not to say you can't have RPG elements in a shooter they just did it wrong).
The frames I liked the most in firefall were the engineer and arsenal. So if there winds up being any frame/mechs like those I think its safe to say thats what I'm going for XD

Spitball

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Dec 8, 2016
I'm back to playing FF, servers came back online tonight! Looks like they fixes some glitches in DT, at least the most annoying ones. We'll see how long this lasts.