Old Firefall players, please respond!

KyRoS

Commander
Jan 28, 2017
Commander founder here from around July 2012. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with this game to be more like Firefall beta. I found the game way more fun in the early days just calling down thumpers and looking for the best mineral nodes. Once they added levels and such, it went down and the crafting system where items would break/decay was really the nail in the coffin for me.

Neato

Jan 28, 2017
Neato, here.

Formerly Lotus222. Formerly Neato222.
Est. Sept 15 2010
Also Formerly Redbeards on Nostalrius.

I hope the EM8ER team learned from the mistakes of Firefall's design by (forum) committee attitude. Don't cave to the whining PC police. Make a good game. Make it stand out. Early beta Firefall sure did. Mark me as one more person who is glad the original Firefall concept isn't dead. Also glad you picked up some talent from the Nost team.

Surprisingly, things are looking up for Em8er after all... While not completely sold on Em8er coming to fruition, I'll be watching with an open mind. Best of luck, Mark and the new team.

PS, thanks for the founders credit, too. That was a classy move.

Jan 28, 2017
Serbia
TheKolega calling in, a bit late, as always.
Joined FF in 2012, last time active was probably in early 2014.

I remember running alongside the -Tex- army for a while there, never joined it, though. FF had it's fun times, sadly, the fresher the memories get, the less fun they contain. Actually loved the old resource systems with material qualities and stats, quirks everywhere. Where further patches and releases would say "simplified" I would read "dumbed down".

Looking forward to some fresh memories here!

KitsuFox

Jan 28, 2017
Actually loved the old resource systems with material qualities and stats, quirks everywhere. Where further patches and releases would say "simplified" I would read "dumbed down".
Dumbed down if you mean no thumpers at all in copa for a record-long time except in rare circumstances where bastion hadnt been nerfed senseless into the ground? Yea, pretty much.. hopefully we don't end up having deja-vu.

Dremor

Jul 27, 2016
Dremor, commander of the Aurora Marauders (biggest French Army during Beta), creator of the Newbie Squad (weekly event that welcomed the french new player by forming some squad between vets and new player and going thumping, killing Chosen, etc.), and one of the leader of "#MFGA" (I was the one who got the idea to put the tag on our forum nickname).

Reporting in !

O7