Last Chance - FF Credit Program. Red 5 Studios Closing Firefall Tomorrow, July 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sennen

Commander
Jul 9, 2017
Can confirm it still works as of 30 seconds ago. It is easy enough to log into the forums by taking a cached page or direct link, with everything except some icons an avatars working right down to the account info/upgrades/purchase history (Holy shit.. has it really been that long since the invitation only closed beta? I'm getting old.)

Heard about Firefall randomly today, and although it is sad to see it go, it should have been given an honorable death long ago rather then being kept alive like some reanimated zombie trying to stand up without any legs.

Course all that sadness went quickly flying out the windows today when I learned Ember was actually becoming a thing (honestly, I kinda lost track after that initial interest petition). I am super ecstatic to see this is starting to come to life, although a little bummed to have apparently missed all the indegogo fun by two days, and can't wait for a return to the original firefall vision. This is the first game in many years I will be legitimately looking forward to.

Must go now... I am late to the party and it seems i have a LOT of catching up to do.

*edit* While totally pointless and uncessesary, as long as we are 'proving' identities for fun, here is a bit of nostalgia for you. I still got my poster from the founders' packs unopened in the mailing tube :D (Bonus shot of Phobos being a nice guy several months later when I casually mentioned in a post that I never got the beanie after a package upgrade)

Last edited:

Masterofm

Jul 6, 2017
At least they had a legit reason, I got banned by a The9 employee for advertising Em8er on the FF Forums :p
I got banned for leaving detailed feedback on why the game was bad during beta testing. Putting pages of effort into saying why various systems were not working well. From why the crafting was problematic, to problems in skill selection/combat, to why item breakage was bad and alternative ways to mitigate the problem of resource collection/hoarding. Do you believe that to be a legitimate reason?

Granted that same "community manager" that sent me that shitty message also told a ton of other players to go F*** themselves for wanting to talk about the problems with the game.

Ebany

Aug 13, 2016
The forums are still up, and you can still log in, so people can still link Founder status. The MyAccount stuff is also still working. The game itself is not. You can login, but not enter the world. The instance servers are gone.

http://forums.firefall.com/community/
Thank you! I've been watching Ember for a while, but life took me away. Now I come back to find I've missed the kickstart & (or so I thought) missed the chance to put in my Commander founder status. Uploading my info now :)

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
Masterofm text me about the shut down. We responded the same way by saying it was about time.

I can confirm the way their past CM's behaved and even to making empty threats.

Jul 10, 2017
http://forums.firefall.com/community/
the forums are still up. And for some reason the lost password thingy still works. So perhaps you can make an account now, post and get credit.
this is still working just used it and was really helpful also want thank people that help me under stand how set this up to work cause i was really kinda lost on how to's xD i only just learned this was going on yesterday i was really out of the loop

Ranualf

Commander
Jul 11, 2017
Hmm it is not working for my, but i have a commanders pack as i received my in game name tag, poster & hat..
I tried copy & paste, but it does not work :/

Edit- it is doing something now...

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017
It appears that if you didn't have any forum posts but have an account your SOL as your email address is taken yet it won't allow you to create a Username on the forums. Happened to me as I can't prove I have been a FF player since 2012 because of that screen.

Stryker8

Jul 11, 2017
Joined FF in Aug. of 2014, but am not eligible for rewards. Did not post on FF forums until Jan. 2016, same as my niece and nephew.

Jul 12, 2017
Thank you for doing this credit program, that is awesomeeee. I'm really glad I found out about it today and didn't miss out. I loved FF back in the day as an engineer defending bases from invasion, especially that one to the north near the melding. I hope you bring the gameplay of the engineer back :) And also thanks for not letting this awesome gameplay die!! I checked out Firefall when it went to Steam and I was very surprised at how much it had changed, and unfortunately not in a good way. Will an idea similar to the melding exist? Aka a toxic encroaching area. So much I want to say!!!

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Thank you for doing this credit program, that is awesomeeee. I'm really glad I found out about it today and didn't miss out. I loved FF back in the day as an engineer defending bases from invasion, especially that one to the north near the melding. I hope you bring the gameplay of the engineer back :) And also thanks for not letting this awesome gameplay die!! I checked out Firefall when it went to Steam and I was very surprised at how much it had changed, and unfortunately not in a good way. Will an idea similar to the melding exist? Aka a toxic encroaching area. So much I want to say!!!
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/frequently-asked-questions-f-a-q.867/#post-24076
this should help you get up to date on most of the stuff, you can find out more about EM-8ER's gameplay by reading the lore. which helps a lot!

Jul 12, 2017
Thank you so much kind sir!

EDIT - You know I never realized how much I missed the original Firefall gameplay until finding out about Ember today :) Soooo much excitement especially taking back those bases, soooo much!!! Does any other game even have an experience close to that? It was pretty cool too just banding together with random people to fight the invasion!

Last edited:

Lucik

Jul 13, 2017
Tell me please more than 10 days Account validation tried and gives an error message of Only accounts created in year 2015 and earlier are eligible. Thus that I am registered Prescription of the account about 4 years
(it is created on July 10, 2013, 12:04) If it is necessary I can apply screens from the websites, and from mail when it was registered, I have won back in a game more than 2 years

Jul 16, 2017
steamcommunity.com
I can't say I'm surprised. With the direction the game took, players regarded this as a bad move and many weren't so happy about that and left, myself included (they retired one of my maxed out frames :<). But I am happy that Em-8er is now in the works and you bet your behind that I'll be playing it when the game is finalized and released.

Lucik

Jul 13, 2017
Here pancake nonsense. what difference I was at a forum or not if in a game I have won back 2 years, + I have spent $

Status
Not open for further replies.