Last Chance - FF Credit Program. Red 5 Studios Closing Firefall Tomorrow, July 7th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Grummz, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

http://www.red5studios.com/2017/07/firefall-closure-announcement/

Red 5 Studios has decided to shut down Firefall effectively tommorow, July 7th. This means that today is the last day to claim Firefall credit via our founders's program. Since we do not control Firefall's servers, we will have no way to verify founders when the servers go down.

We are saddened by this news, and apologize for the short notice. Please help spread the word so that any remaining Firefall vets or forum users can claim credit for Em-8ER's future virtual cosmetics store.

https://emberbot.jadex.eu/founders/

2. 0V3RKILL

0V3RKILL Terraformer

that's the saddest news I've gotten in a long time. But, what can I do? I always said no to those patches. I was even ok with 1.3 and enjoyed it but they took it too far with 1.6

Silv3r Shadow and luigisnipes like this.
  3. LunaCee

LunaCee Member

Figured it was coming sooner or later. The player numbers have been absolutely abysmal for a long time because of the direction the game went. Likely they were just waiting out the time until the server contract renewal was coming up with no word on closure until the last minute to milk final sales without spooking potential customers.

4. Tragedy

Tragedy Reaper Leader

1.6 was a lot closer to beta than 1.3 was - so not sure how that was too far.

5. Jansin3

Jansin3 Terraformer

Tbh i feel sad :(

TGVirus and Fabricio21RJ like this.
  6. Wuterbear

Wuterbear Firstclaimer - Frame Founder

It's spirit now lives, in Em-8er!

sgghostrider, Faeryl and Mahdi like this.
  7. vehemon

vehemon New Member

What killed me was I was having a blast when it first opened up and had the founder pack. I quickly became a casual to non-existent player when things seemed to get more complicated and had to keep resetting up all my frames. I randomly decided to sign on today (haven't signed on in 3-4 months) and luckily found this...

8. 0V3RKILL

0V3RKILL Terraformer

I opened a thread weeks ago talking about that it was closing. here it is https://forums.em8er.com/threads/firefall-ip.860/ people said no no....well

9. Masterofm

Masterofm New Member

I can't actually put in my ember link on my profile due to being perma banned so I can't really get the credit for being a Firefall Founder. All I get is a note saying this "You have been banned for the following reason: Per Request - Unable to stop stirring up drama.."

This is the best proof I can give that I am the real me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Vilrein

Vilrein New Member

So, just to clarify, The founder benefit is only open to people who opted into the actual founder packs, not people who bought the Firefall Digital Deluxe Edition, correct?

luigisnipes and Kailow_Krow like this.
  11. Terib.Shadow

Terib.Shadow Well-Known Member Greeter Omni Ace

Correct

Kailow_Krow and Mahdi like this.
  12. Vilrein

Vilrein New Member

Thank you. Unfortunate, but I guess that is just how it goes.

Harven, Kailow_Krow and notHunky like this.
  13. Drake84pl

Drake84pl New Member

Finally they decided to bury the corpse that was lying in the morgue for over a year - RIP Firefall and Goodbye, You have been an amazing adventure throughout the years.

Hope that Em-8ERs Kickstarter will be a success and we will have a game with which we can uphold the legend that Firefall was.
    See You on Em-8ER Reapers o/

14. TheSlaya

TheSlaya New Member

i logged in just to screenshot my titles. since it won't give my original date.

15. CptDux

CptDux New Member

i hope i made it in time. the page got stuck on the final step

16. Jag

Jag Member Kaiju Slayer

And they refused to sell you FF because they had plans hehe.

17. CptDux

CptDux New Member

[​IMG]
    Happy to say i was a commander!

i played up until i lost my kana mods.
    and my dragonfly healing pillar kit got replaced with a useless box.

does anyone remember the la cucaracha horn on the bikes? i miss that.

Earth_Soldier likes this.
  18. Grummz

Yes, we had to draw the line somewhere. Still, thanks for coming over. We'll do our best to keep the legacy going.

19. Grummz

It's been a sad day for many of us, but how odd how they announced it the week our fundraiser for Em-8ER successfully completed.

Regardless. They dropped the ball and it's time for us to pick it up and run with it. Thank you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.