Last Chance - FF Credit Program. Red 5 Studios Closing Firefall Tomorrow, July 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
http://www.red5studios.com/2017/07/firefall-closure-announcement/

Red 5 Studios has decided to shut down Firefall effectively tommorow, July 7th. This means that today is the last day to claim Firefall credit via our founders's program. Since we do not control Firefall's servers, we will have no way to verify founders when the servers go down.

We are saddened by this news, and apologize for the short notice. Please help spread the word so that any remaining Firefall vets or forum users can claim credit for Em-8ER's future virtual cosmetics store.

https://emberbot.jadex.eu/founders/

LunaCee

Lieutenant
Jul 26, 2016
West coast, USA
Figured it was coming sooner or later. The player numbers have been absolutely abysmal for a long time because of the direction the game went. Likely they were just waiting out the time until the server contract renewal was coming up with no word on closure until the last minute to milk final sales without spooking potential customers.

vehemon

Jul 6, 2017
that's the saddest news I've gotten in a long time. But, what can I do? I always said no to those patches. I was even ok with 1.3 and enjoyed it but they took it too far with 1.6
What killed me was I was having a blast when it first opened up and had the founder pack. I quickly became a casual to non-existent player when things seemed to get more complicated and had to keep resetting up all my frames. I randomly decided to sign on today (haven't signed on in 3-4 months) and luckily found this...

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
Figured it was coming sooner or later. The player numbers have been absolutely abysmal for a long time because of the direction the game went. Likely they were just waiting out the time until the server contract renewal was coming up with no word on closure until the last minute to milk final sales without spooking potential customers.
I opened a thread weeks ago talking about that it was closing. here it is https://forums.em8er.com/threads/firefall-ip.860/ people said no no....well

Masterofm

Jul 6, 2017
I can't actually put in my ember link on my profile due to being perma banned so I can't really get the credit for being a Firefall Founder. All I get is a note saying this "You have been banned for the following reason: Per Request - Unable to stop stirring up drama.."

This is the best proof I can give that I am the real me.

Drake84pl

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Poland
Finally they decided to bury the corpse that was lying in the morgue for over a year - RIP Firefall and Goodbye, You have been an amazing adventure throughout the years.

Hope that Em-8ERs Kickstarter will be a success and we will have a game with which we can uphold the legend that Firefall was.
See You on Em-8ER Reapers o/

CptDux

Jul 6, 2017

Happy to say i was a commander!

i played up until i lost my kana mods.
and my dragonfly healing pillar kit got replaced with a useless box.

does anyone remember the la cucaracha horn on the bikes? i miss that.

Status
Not open for further replies.