Introduction Thread

Aug 3, 2016
As awkward as I feel about this, I'm actually an old member. I've left the community post-launch Firefall and primarily stayed inside the game.

For any of you who may remember, or require a memory jog (*cough* Fooni and Arkii *cough*), I was Myndflame.

And for you who want to know me... I'm lucky as hell, and dumb as nobs. I'm leaving it at that.

Aug 1, 2016
Belgrade, Serbia
Honestly, Firefall right now is just a twisted, dismembered shadow of the original vision that had almost everyone here enthralled. It still shows through in patches, faint memories of what was and could have been.
Just remember that the firefall you will see is not what was envisaged, and not what Mark intends to do with Ember. He's going back to the roots of it all.

That said, glad to have you on board.

Thank you.

Btw, is there a place on the net where I can read about the differences between this version of the game and the Beta?

Now, I've spent a few hours in Firefall today. The combat is fun and addicting, and the environment is breathtaking at times. But the thing is that the game doesn't feel like an MMO at all. First of all there are barely any people. In three hours of game time, I've seen four players, and this is the starting zone. What's also annoying is that I've yet to see open world content. The game is continuously forcing me to do instanced story quests. It makes the game feel like a decade old single player RPG.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Btw, is there a place on the net where I can read about the differences between this version of the game and the Beta?

Now, I've spent a few hours in Firefall today. The combat is fun and addicting, and the environment is breathtaking at times. But the thing is that the game doesn't feel like an MMO at all. First of all there are barely any people. In three hours of game time, I've seen four players, and this is the starting zone. What's also annoying is that I've yet to see open world content. The game is continuously forcing me to do instanced story quests. It makes the game feel like a decade old single player RPG.
If only you had been part of the Early beta.

I'll PM ya the links. Don't wanna hijack this thread.

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
Thank you.

the reason you don't find players is becuase the game is dead. The reason it doens't feel like an mmo is becuase there are no people, and the game is singleplayer oriented, aka solo friendly, which is the main reason the game died. The instanced missions, the level zones, the level of your character, was the reason the game died. and got boring, and people stopped playing. The game had nothing of these thing before, it had mostly horisontal progression, everyone was near equal in power, and the whole world was open to you, nothing was gated by level or quest. Except if the chosen had taken control over all the things. Which was awesome, that they removed. Which is another reason the game died. They kept adding MMORPG standard stuff, like level progression, heavy focus on LOOT, instead of other means to aquire stuff. Us veterans who you mostly find here now, was very much against all of these changes, but they didn't listen. Probably becuase of the9. Probably becuase of someone in red5. Idk. They thought we were a minority, but as far as I know when it comes to everything in this world, is that the minority, is more or less always more right then the majority. The consequences was quite clear, the MMORPG players got into firefall when open beta hit, and demanded the game to be more MMORPG like, they did it regardless of what the closed/allpha players was saying, and the game died.

RIP Firefall.

I hope ember goes back to what made firefall great!

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
I am 0V3RKILL not cause I think I am actually that good. Just cause I am a huge fan of the metal band Overkill. Underground NY band. I'm the trusty Cuban you can always count on when things go south in a raid. You need a hand I'll be there.

Armageddon

Aug 6, 2016
Hey,
Just saw this pop-up in my mailbox and got pretty excited that a game like firefall pre-steam was being made so i'm joining the fun.

I was HyArma in Firefall, Myself and Grey Matter ran a team called =Hvy= Heavy Ordnance that had about 6 full squads.
I was also featured on the Firefall community news for recreating Firefall on an 18 year old engine called Darkstar that was used to create Tribes 1 the inspiration of Firefall.

I also have a pretty extensive Tribes history but that's a life time ago.

StormWing0

Jul 27, 2016
Hey,
Just saw this pop-up in my mailbox and got pretty excited that a game like firefall pre-steam was being made so i'm joining the fun.

I was HyArma in Firefall, Myself and Grey Matter ran a team called =Hvy= Heavy Ordnance that had about 6 full squads.
I was also featured on the Firefall community news for recreating Firefall on an 18 year old engine called Darkstar that was used to create Tribes 1 the inspiration of Firefall.

I also have a pretty extensive Tribes history but that's a life time ago.
Speaking of how far did that get or was it just proof it could be done? o_O

PyxelDust

Aug 7, 2016
I am PyxelDust, i played the crap out of Firefall back when it was in beta. When dropping a random Party thumper attracted people, it was like a portable "spawn your own event". What made the game great was the sense of community that the random events created. I hope the game will preserve the sense of survival combined with the ability to feel that you have a contribution to the game.

bvllshxt

Aug 7, 2016
Sup guys I'm Ashley. I'm 17 and live in the US. I'm pretty chill and quite awesome if I do say so myself. Haha jk I'm a major loser who does nothing but sit in her room and play games all day. That's all I guess. Peace out home slice.

m3ntaL

Omega Founder
Aug 7, 2016
Nakiato I totally disagree with your idea that the original firefall game of thumping was boring. Thumping in this game was the most competitive thing this game has seen and will ever see. Get over yourself.

Nakiato

Jul 26, 2016
Nakiato I totally disagree with your idea that the original firefall game of thumping was boring. Thumping in this game was the most competitive thing this game has seen and will ever see. Get over yourself.
Thumping was a blast. Or at least for awhile. When you've done it over and over and over, it got boring. All content you repeate so regularly can get boring. If you didn't get bored of it, awesome. I'm glad you got to enjoy it for longer than I did.

I'm down for having a longer conversation about content, gaming, or whatever. This thread is all about introductions though, so let's try not to derail that. PM me sometime.

Jul 27, 2016
I'll join in

I go by Silenieux on the net usually, I'm a -very- small time and boring streamer, I've been thinking of getting into youtube
I was a founder of Firefall, I spent several thousand hours playing Firefall and exploring every possible centimeter i could with many of the dev's, It was fun to watch and listen to them with such pride in their work of having no invisible walls.

@Nizuul Cheers to you and the dev's for some of the greatest gaming of my life :D

Nizuul

Deepscanner
Ember Dev
Jul 26, 2016
Greater Seattle Area
I'll join in

I go by Silenieux on the net usually, I'm a -very- small time and boring streamer, I've been thinking of getting into youtube
I was a founder of Firefall, I spent several thousand hours playing Firefall and exploring every possible centimeter i could with many of the dev's, It was fun to watch and listen to them with such pride in their work of having no invisible walls.

@Nizuul Cheers to you and the dev's for some of the greatest gaming of my life :D
Thx @Silenieux :D

I really enjoyed my time at Red 5. Lot's of talented and amazing people there. Seeing all of the Firefall vets and founders coming back together and embracing Ember is pretty badass as well.
I gotta say, that @Grummz post of the new Omniframe blew me away. Shit's starting to get real!

Jul 27, 2016
Thx @Silenieux :D

I really enjoyed my time at Red 5. Lot's of talented and amazing people there. Seeing all of the Firefall vets and founders coming back together and embracing Ember is pretty badass as well.
I gotta say, that @Grummz post of the new Omniframe blew me away. Shit's starting to get real!
i know...what? 200 founds what will jump over when testing starts