Introduction Thread

Jul 31, 2016
Heya.
I'm Mr. Hybelkanin a.k.a Daniel.
I used to be a FireFall'er like you, but then I took a 1.0 to the knee.

Hurrrr......I'm into gaming...of all types, movies, music, anime...err...OH YEAH...LEGO...and....all sort of weird stuff.
My favorite places at home is the couch area and the stereo bench :D

Jul 31, 2016
Muh Kitchen
I was never very good at these. Can't talk worth a crap offline, and unless it's some topic I'm knowledgeable on, can't really talk well online.

My name is Amanda. I'm a housewife/gamer. I'm a long-time WoW-player too. Uhhh. I'm also a lazy artist, and enjoy coming up with story/game concepts that tend to sit in my folders with me never doing anything with them. kek

I like a lot of things, but if you really wanna know, just ask. I'm also very good at cooking, and am currently learning japanese cuisine on my own!

Fancypants

Jul 31, 2016
I'm Fancypants, and I used to play Fire Fall........ a lot. I played back when it was "cool" to play FF, way back about 22 years ago. jk It was the summer of 2012, and I remember it like it was yesterday! I loved it from the start, and when I started playing PvP I began to have visions, dreams, and nightmares! I would wake up on the roof of my house only in my underwear with our vacuum cleaner strapped to a backpack on my back. I guess I was thinking I could "suck thrust" myself into the sky. No.... that didn't really happen, I was just wondering who was reading this crap, cause I just spent the last 30 minutes of my miserable life reading several players intro's. bah... Bring on the PvP!!! Extrasoda and I will be there!

Axianamos

Aug 1, 2016
I bought a commanders pack. I got into Firefall in the first wave of invites when they opened it up to the public. I was there before dreadnought. When logging into the game was victory in and of itself. When more often than not you landed in checkerboard land and sometimes you would spawn into matches as an aranha. I've been there since the beginning and I watched it rise and fall.

I watched the rapid stagnation, the desperate attempt to bring the game back to life, the terrible decisions such as the removal of an interesting and dynamic leveling system that just needed some work and polish into a standard MMO level grind. I watched the cool and interesting crafting go from complex and unique and eventually be removed because it was so bad.

So this game being head by the guy who was the first one to be fired? I'll be honest. Mark has amazing ideas and vision. I loved everything he had in store for that game. But after seeing his management skills in action I wasn't so sure. Regardless his departure from the team meant that none of the promises that I fell in love with ever came to fruition. I'm not sure where I stand now and honestly I'm very skeptical. I wan't a game I can believe in like I did in the first iterations of firefall, I just don't see it happening. I've been burned. I want to believe though. So make it happen. I want this game to change my mind.

Brezals

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Sweden
www.twitter.com
I bought a commanders pack. I got into Firefall in the first wave of invites when they opened it up to the public. I was there before dreadnought. When logging into the game was victory in and of itself. When more often than not you landed in checkerboard land and sometimes you would spawn into matches as an aranha. I've been there since the beginning and I watched it rise and fall.

I watched the rapid stagnation, the desperate attempt to bring the game back to life, the terrible decisions such as the removal of an interesting and dynamic leveling system that just needed some work and polish into a standard MMO level grind. I watched the cool and interesting crafting go from complex and unique and eventually be removed because it was so bad.

So this game being head by the guy who was the first one to be fired? I'll be honest. Mark has amazing ideas and vision. I loved everything he had in store for that game. But after seeing his management skills in action I wasn't so sure. Regardless his departure from the team meant that none of the promises that I fell in love with ever came to fruition. I'm not sure where I stand now and honestly I'm very skeptical. I wan't a game I can believe in like I did in the first iterations of firefall, I just don't see it happening. I've been burned. I want to believe though. So make it happen. I want this game to change my mind.
Well there is a name I have not seen in years, What's up ;)

Aug 1, 2016
mike.......mayhemmike

Was a commander starting in 2012 played up through to 1.0 and then some stuck around for groups of people I met. Took a break when my rig died and never had the desire to re install it. Then I got the message and went to the firefall forum to find a smoldering wreckage of what once was my favorite game (I hope the women and children made it out ok) Hoping to re acquaint myself with the great community that was in the beginning of firefall and hope it rises beyond on ember

I do most of my gaming and online socializing at work while on the night shift. You ll find me on HOTS and XCOM2 lately. Firefall was my last mmo that I played

Aug 1, 2016
Hey there everybody.
I want to say, I'm glad to see some initiative out of Kern (Grumz). I was always suspect of leaks and articles trying to paint Kern as the "oppressive director". But in hindsight, I enjoyed so many hours in FF (met some great peeps and some annoying trolls) but overall I enjoyed my experience with the community. You know we had our stumbles and hurdles throughout the milestones, but there was/is, at least from my perspective, a great percentage of active ppl who you could have fun playing with. So much passion I saw through the years, both positive and negative, but the passion was obvious.
I joined as a founder about a month before the CB ended.
My name is Rob, IGN - Bedauri (Nenion). "Bedauri Nenion" translates to "regret Nothing" in Esperanto. Most of my mates called me "Bed" for short.
I'm intrigued to see where this Ember project leads. I'm not as active as some on the Forums, but my in game attitude and willingness to help, I believe gave me a good reputation with the ppl I interacted with.

I'm very curious and hopeful for the future of Ember.
Always curious,
Bed

ps. I spent a few Hundred $ during the lifespan of FF, but I'm not upset, it was great entertainment and I've stayed in touch with several old Squad and Army-mates. Although many feel let down (as I do about certain things), I can only hope to see another genre re-defining MMO with Ember.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
<<< Wellp my username is to the left.

I only own like five or six games, and don't play any of them anymore... Except firefall.........still.....about twice a week.(the singleplayer is fun to me, lots of story now with 1.6)

Since I live alone, I just sort of sit around and draw all day or go into town and find things to draw xD

Been teaching myself to animate for ~6ish hours a day EVERY day since Christmas 2015. No autogenerated tweens, No bonepuppets, and no Flash(flash is for web-apps dammit!).
Just drawings and some goood good eyeballing, Krita 3.0, some paper, a lightbox, and a camera :D

I hope Ember finally gives me something to do with my freetime ! ! !
***EDIT:....OHH !! OHH ! ! errr.. I was Fiyeriggamoure in Firefall

Last edited:

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
Daynen here. Joined FF during the open beta and loved it, even if I did cringe at the inventory and refining system (it just needed UI updates and a compression of the quality system, really...) and I was more than a little miffed at the FF launch.

Here's casting my vote for Mark Kern and pioneering game design once again; this time, please don't let a Chinese company buy you out...XD

Alfonso

Commander
Jul 29, 2016
My name is Alfonso. People at work call me Fonzie but I am not old enough to have that TV show when I was a kid.

I like FPS, RPG, simulations also city building games, so basically games that offer more than just clicking of mouse button.
Ultima 7 was the game that changed my view on computer games. When Ultima 8 came out with jumping action I like the direction of the game was going. You can jump in your real life then what is wrong if game characters can do the same, right?
In 21st century, we are still playing RPG games, playing god-life characters and kill dragons and defeat evil gods. Yet, can't jump over fences so have to go around them. Isn't that funny?

Aug 3, 2016
Midwest
Hey there,

Names, Genghiskron. Go by Genghis 99% of the time. Other 1% my girlfriend is calling me expletives... Just kidding... Or am I?

Nah, I'm a jokester, hardcore Firefall fan (super sad to hear about it's "death," but such is life). Had all frames maxed to 40. It's even more sad as this was supposed to be a PvEvP, jetpack-centric, similar enough to Global Agenda for me to get really into it last stand of the MMO scene for me. (Along with Planetside 2, but that's an entirely different story of why I stopped playing that game...). ANYWAYS, personal trainer, movie buff, love FPS and MMO games and those are really all that I play. Spend time at work, with the girlfriend, with the new-ish doggo we just got together and towards the horizons.

I currently have backed these awesome games: The Repopulation, Das Tal, Albion Online, Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen, Warhammer 40,000:Eternal Crusade, and Elite: Dangerous. I enjoy games that give the potential of something special and Ember, and the idea of what Firefall once was supposed to end up as, is too good to pass up imo.

--I plan on doing tons of coverage for Ember and streamed quite a bit of Firefall back when. My plan is to do guides, informational, and impressions of most alpha games I mentioned, and random ones I pick up on.
Not a plug, just stating that I want to get this game exposure for living up to the potential of what Firefall was not and once we're able to actively play the game, I will be doing so and hitting the ground running. Cheers.
(YT Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/luckshot5454)

If anyone wants to game or chat, just holler at me on here or through Steam (same name).

Aug 1, 2016
Belgrade, Serbia
Never played Firefall. As a matter of fact, I'm downloading it right now to try it out. I'm here primarily because of Mark Kern. I appreciate his activism on Gamergate and Nostalrius issues. I saw that he has a new project, checked it out, and I like the idea.

I'm primarily an FPS player. I actively play Titanfall, Battlefield 3 and CoD. I also like to play RTS games from time to time. Played a bit of WoW (2008-2010).

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Never played Firefall. As a matter of fact, I'm downloading it right now to try it out. I'm here primarily because of Mark Kern.
Honestly, Firefall right now is just a twisted, dismembered shadow of the original vision that had almost everyone here enthralled. It still shows through in patches, faint memories of what was and could have been.
Just remember that the firefall you will see is not what was envisaged, and not what Mark intends to do with Ember. He's going back to the roots of it all.

That said, glad to have you on board.