Halloween Update, Omniframe customization and Moving To New Website

Discussion in 'Ember Art & Design Updates' started by Grummz, Oct 26, 2016.

1. NanoTechnician

NanoTechnician Emberite - T.H.M.P.R.

Somethings are best forgotten HAHAHAHA!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Mizogin and Grummz like this.
  2. Silv3r Shadow

Silv3r Shadow Gatestrider Max Kahuna

To your question in the post Grummz, yes I would buy the Neko-frame as a cosmetic, usually how i roll is that i buy all the exclusive things and wear the best badass one i can get, example my Commander Tiki mask (like my portrait, not everone likes the mask though). *(wishes there was a Tiki skin with the mask)*
    Regarding customization n stuff. Firefall only allowed us to have 1 emblem on our frame, I chose my exclusive Valkyrie or commander emblem because they looked awesome, but if you were able to include a Clan emblem to your frame or if we could import our own emblem (import image) or some other way of identifying a guild. for example the bison could have this printed on the front of its shield, and/or above a player name with their name bar and in game chat and in clan list etc like many mmo games.
    [​IMG]

Code Geass Season 2 :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Mizogin and Mahdi like this.
  3. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

I see what you did there...

Mizogin, Xeevis, 13umbleBee and 2 others like this.
  4. NanoTechnician

NanoTechnician Emberite - T.H.M.P.R.

I had to introduce navel, it's apart of Em8er lore.

engjang, Pandagnome and Grummz like this.
  5. 203

203 Member Kahuna M.A.X.

Not exactly, I only remember hating the look of the slapdash crap RFo gave me for my accretian siege character. mixing melee, gunner and launcher gear rarely looked good.

6. 13umbleBee

13umbleBee Emberite

Wow.. so.. does the shield give
    1) Passive defence bonus..i.e more TTL (mitigation)

2) Active mitigation, press 'key' to raise shield to 'block' incoming dmg.. like the dreadnaught shield ability

either way, looks totally bad ass.

13B

7. Personally, I love playing as a mix of the two. A large enough health pool to take a few hits, but with high mobility. I think my dream character would be an evasion tank. Get the attention of enemies and dodge everything they throw at me. Anyway, back to the game.

When you mentioned quickness and hit & run, I immediately thought of Hawken and its dodge mechanic. I would love to see it appear in EM-8ER in some form if possible. To bring classes and weight into the example, Hawken's light mechs can dodge at least once per second, while heavier mechs have to wait 1.5 or 2 seconds. Also, a light mech's dodge covered a larger distance than a heavy mech's.

Astro likes this.
  8. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member

ah i always forget about the cost part :/
    could it be something for the future if cost was more manageable or is it too unrealistic to think of that?

9. Dracomon

Dracomon Player One

...But can it swim?!

10. EvilKitten

EvilKitten Gatestrider

No, the proper question is...can it DANCE!!

11. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member

inflatable dinghy feet!

12. kingnight

kingnight Member

O trust me im going to have a frame that is very quick very deadly have really good jets but if a fly so much as hits it im dead lol this is going to be fun!

bengal likes this.
  13. bengal

bengal Death Reaper

a little overkill, but thats my thoughts as well

14. Grummz

Grummz Administrator Ember Dev

Don't be silly. How can we embody Firefall's core concepts if frames don't immediately short out in the rain, let alone swim?

15. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper

*INSERT GODZILLA THEME MUSIK*

BECAUSE A F*CKING TORGUE ABOUT TO COME IN WET.

16. kingnight

kingnight Member

A little confused on the overkill? overkill on how easy it will be for me to die? well I might of exaggerated that.

17. omer wexler

omer wexler New Member

nice work on that article

18. bengal

bengal Death Reaper

yep the fly reference

19. kingnight

kingnight Member

ahh ok but still hp wise it well be very weak not going to be a lot of room for error but should be very fun

20. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Well-Known Member

Interesting and cool!

Also, I +1 the autopilot idea. For example...