Halloween Update, Omniframe customization and Moving To New Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
To your question in the post Grummz, yes I would buy the Neko-frame as a cosmetic, usually how i roll is that i buy all the exclusive things and wear the best badass one i can get, example my Commander Tiki mask (like my portrait, not everone likes the mask though). *(wishes there was a Tiki skin with the mask)*
Regarding customization n stuff. Firefall only allowed us to have 1 emblem on our frame, I chose my exclusive Valkyrie or commander emblem because they looked awesome, but if you were able to include a Clan emblem to your frame or if we could import our own emblem (import image) or some other way of identifying a guild. for example the bison could have this printed on the front of its shield, and/or above a player name with their name bar and in game chat and in clan list etc like many mmo games.

WTF when did they give those things wings?
Code Geass Season 2 :p

Attachments

Last edited:

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
Correction: As it stands now, the shoulder pad and upper arm are one and the same. I guess I don't understand the issue you are describing? Have any examples of how this leads to bad aesthetics?
Not exactly, I only remember hating the look of the slapdash crap RFo gave me for my accretian siege character. mixing melee, gunner and launcher gear rarely looked good.

Aug 19, 2016
Adelaide
It's a shield, baby. We're gonna have shields on the heavy.
Wow.. so.. does the shield give
1) Passive defence bonus..i.e more TTL (mitigation)

2) Active mitigation, press 'key' to raise shield to 'block' incoming dmg.. like the dreadnaught shield ability

either way, looks totally bad ass.

13B

HumanTrainingBot

D-Gater
Ark Liege
Oct 26, 2016
I really hope that the attributes of each is balanced better then "the other game". what Im saying is that while it is true that MOST like to go heavy, there are quite a few of us that like the quickness & hit & run, that said most games do not balance properly.

* snip *
Personally, I love playing as a mix of the two. A large enough health pool to take a few hits, but with high mobility. I think my dream character would be an evasion tank. Get the attention of enemies and dodge everything they throw at me. Anyway, back to the game.

When you mentioned quickness and hit & run, I immediately thought of Hawken and its dodge mechanic. I would love to see it appear in EM-8ER in some form if possible. To bring classes and weight into the example, Hawken's light mechs can dodge at least once per second, while heavier mechs have to wait 1.5 or 2 seconds. Also, a light mech's dodge covered a larger distance than a heavy mech's.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
We keep costs down by keeping the animation rigs for legs the same. If we created different legs, each would require its own unique set of dozens of animations. Cool mechs tho!
ah i always forget about the cost part :/
could it be something for the future if cost was more manageable or is it too unrealistic to think of that?

I really hope that the attributes of each is balanced better then "the other game". what Im saying is that while it is true that MOST like to go heavy, there are quite a few of us that like the quickness & hit & run, that said most games do not balance properly.

A "true" sniper class weapon should be able to take ANYTHING out 1 shot "if" hitting the correct spot, but this does not regularly happen. on the heavy side though they nearly ALWAYS take out a small by spitting at them & "kinda" hitting them.

As a small I have no issue going down with a single hit from a heavy, but if a small cannot take a heavy down with shot after shot.... why bother. there's no fun in that.

now the response from the heavy pilots is typically "well then get a heavy" this is not my point, there should be a balance & realistically a small shouldn't go up against a heavy but it happens, that said there should be firepower enough in a small to make a heavy think about taking on a small.

now if the weapons are going to be a great disparity then there should be something to compensate for firepower indifference. how? well my thought would be reload speed as one that comes to mind.

that's just my thoughts as im sure you've guest I always have liked the long range fast types.
for those of you that remember mechwarrior bushwacker was one of my favorite frames.
O trust me im going to have a frame that is very quick very deadly have really good jets but if a fly so much as hits it im dead lol this is going to be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.