Cute, funny stuff spam. (No political stuff)

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
was meaning to write this since this morning, but my memory of the dream hasn't changed much. I was playing a terrible FMV strategy/side-scrolling fighter. basically the map and long-term progression of Darkest Dungeon (including kinda similar UI) with combat that was bad Mortal Kombat.

I had to pick a mission and three units from a roster to do that mission. I can't remember what the lore for it was, but there was an additional fight on that stage if you brought any male units. I picked an all-female team. I think a ninja, a monk and a hellion.

mission starts, a tag-team duel. only played the one level, so I don't know if there were other kinds of mission (like 1vMany). If there were, so-far the game sounds actually interesting. BUT IT'S AN FMV SIDE-SCROLLING FIGHTER. FMV.

so the duel starts. opponent is some ruffian in a tunic. my starting unit is the ninja. background is a panorama picture of a bare-bones medieval indoors location. could be a bar.
RED FLAGS
the ninja is covered head to toe and has no obvious gender. I tag in the monk, who is the same. instead of shooting the moves of all classes that can be either gender with both male and female actors, they use the same ambiguous appearance for both. units have genders, names and portraits, but look the same in action.​
background is panorama. instead of scrolling, the camera pans wobblyly and the characters change perspective. it's trying too hard to look like a movie.​
the character has to complete the animation it's doing to do a new one, this includes walk-cycles. it's basically turn-based.​
the monk walks intimidatingly towards the ruffian until he bumps against a table, then sends him flying onto it with a left jab to the nose. OHK. that was the battle. I don't know if there were any actual fighting-game mechanics, but this fight definitely didn't showcase them.​
at that point my alarm clock rang. I had woken up half an hour early and went to bed again earlier, so that's the max time the dream took.