Cute, funny stuff spam. (No political stuff)

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
Norwegian fun fact:
historically, Norway has been trying to differentiate itself from its old rulers by trying to talk and write more similarly to how we did before them. this is one of the reasons we have to learn two languages that are basically dialects: Bokmål is based on the speech of the upper-class, who interacted more with the danes; Nynorsk was made by a guy who travelled around to rural people to find a more historic Norwegian.

this caring about our language has also resulted in regular state intervention in what is proper spelling. what prompted me to write this is noticing that "manoeuver" and "chaffeur" in Norwegian are pronounced similarly, but written with respectively seven and six letters that are all pronounced. we also have three different ways to write "tape": english "tape", norwegianized spelling "teip", and compound "lim(glue)bånd(ribbon)". there is still weird stuff, though: ending in "ment" is pronounced as in French. we even have the word "engasjement", where the "ment" has been left alone even though the "gage" is spelled like we pronounce it ("gasj" is like "gash" in English).

on having to learn two languages that are basically dialects: for getting into AI-school, I had two Norwegian languages every year for three years and two exams total in them I think: a total of eight of my grades came from Norwegian, that's more grades than maths, psychology and computing combined, and it's average plus whether you've passed certain electives that determines what university education you can get.

Last edited:

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Wild theory.. Someone was trying to gain the running powers of the gingerbread man using similiar magical reasoning as some of the tribes thought that eating your enemies heart would give you the slain warriors powers. But that's just my bad humor relating to magic and myth.
Now back to silly pictures...

Seeing things like this make me go like:"Only if i owned a house and property so i could do this kinda stuff.."

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
in elementary school, we had 60 meter sprint rather than 100. I can think of three possible reasons:

so the slower children would be less disheartened (less time to gain distance).
so the children's scores would be comparable with athletes' scores if they didn't think too hard about it.
because there was no flat, straight, 100-meter road close enough to the school.