Base Building Ideas

Discussion in 'General Ember Discussion' started by Xenmai, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Mahdi

Mahdi Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R.

+1 for Pulp Fiction reference dude. And there are times I am willing bet Joey has One of the top three largest clans in the game.

2. AdmiralStryker

AdmiralStryker Active Member

Kill rage claws. Then we'll talk.

3. Nalessa

Nalessa Member

Oh gosh, please no (totally yes), I already spent so much time building settlements in fallout 4, I don't need another game (I do) to get me addicted to building towns/forts :p

4. spiralofhope

spiralofhope Member

As I understand it, it is something like:

Hobomurder baddies. Get resources. Return to base. Give resources. Push back meldin--uh, bad guy rifts or whatever. Terraform. The base gets improved as we do better.

Complete a world, new expansion is released with a new world? That conversation was from a year ago though.

5. Rocket

Rocket Gatestrider - T.H.M.P.R. Max Kahina

You left out the "max level Kaiju stomp on your face and smash base we worked so hard to build and defend" bit.

Mahdi likes this.
  6. Mahdi

Haha rocket. ya dude, personally I love the phrase mud stomp. Because we very much look the same after a cat 5 kaiju stomps on us.

The talk of another world is possible but looong ways down the road with another milestone. Em-8ER is going to have so much for us to enjoy I have trained my mind to keep expansion ideas like that on the far backburner. But damn am i excited about this community and game.

PIghead Elderberry likes this.
  7. SSH83

SSH83 New Member

I think the more important thing is...

What kind of base building mechanics can keep things interesting. You can only rebuild the same lego castle so many times before you want to move on. That's the real opportunity for breakthrough and next-level design idea.

8. AdmiralStryker

AdmiralStryker Active Member

I would hope that as we upgrade bases, they make our lives easier-better defenses, more building hp, faster refining times, etc.

I'd also like to see base expansions(most importantly horizontal but vertical too), but I'm not sure where to go for new and exciting game play with base design in a game like this. I'll think on it.

9. Nalessa

Nalessa Member

I just hope we can at least build a bar, so that new idiotas who I've heard about and think they can compete with the rest of us can meet me there and put their crystite where their mouth is.

AdmiralStryker and Mahdi like this.
  10. Galnart

Galnart New Member

Will there be building spots that are somewhat safe from giant kaijus?

spiralofhope likes this.
  11. zdoofop

zdoofop Active Member

where do I sign up?

Torgue_Joey likes this.
  12. Nalessa

Nalessa Member

As far as I know, only one place is safe and that's the main hub which can never be lost, so I assume anything else can be lost if we don't defend it properly.

13. spiralofhope

spiralofhope Member

I'm not sure, and you bring up an interesting problem.

Part of the game is that we're playing on the edge. We're mercenaries on the front line. There is a push-and-pushback between us and the enemy.

However, hopefully we can push a little harder and gain ground, leaving some terrain safe. Hopefully this means there will always be a forward base which is under high threat, and a base further away.. in an area we've tamed a little. So you'd have a space to go to afk, craft, be social, etc. safely.

There would maybe only be minor events quite distant from that "safer base", but the forward base would have major events closer, and possibly even have significant in-base threats.

I could be wrong, but this is how I have it in my head.

14. 0V3RKILL

0V3RKILL Member

don't hate me for saying this. But Ive never been a fan of those games like rust and those types survival games just cause of all the building. blah hate spending wasting time playing architect. if that's the case then I am out. I am allergic to building bases. But I do LOVE building and creating weapons and armor or frames

15. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper

DON'T WORRY SLAB, WE GOT YOU COVERED.
    IT WON'T BE FALLOUT 4 OR SURVIVAL COMPLEXITY OF BUILDING.

AS FAR AS GRUMMZ SAID. IT'S MORE A FIND A SPOT, SELECT LAYOUT AND THROW IN RESOURCES. SELECT UPGRADE, THROW IN RESOURCES.

BUILDING/BASES ARE PREDEFINED.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Mahdi likes this.
  16. 0V3RKILL

0V3RKILL Member

that sounds better and it doesn't feel much like rust kind of building. ehh hate that

17. Mahdi

Plus not every player needs their own base. So if your style of play isn't like that, you can bypass it and use other bases around. Remember the thmpr returns to the nearest refinery, that means anyone's.

As for anti invasion and vehicles/spawn points, that is where I look to world contribution and armies/clans.