Base Building Ideas

Nalessa

Commander
Jan 6, 2017
Belgium
Oh gosh, please no (totally yes), I already spent so much time building settlements in fallout 4, I don't need another game (I do) to get me addicted to building towns/forts :p

Jul 28, 2016
spiralofhope.com
As I understand it, it is something like:

Hobomurder baddies. Get resources. Return to base. Give resources. Push back meldin--uh, bad guy rifts or whatever. Terraform. The base gets improved as we do better.

Complete a world, new expansion is released with a new world? That conversation was from a year ago though.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
As I understand it, it is something like:

Hobomurder baddies. Get resources. Return to base. Give resources. Push back meldin--uh, bad guy rifts or whatever. Terraform. The base gets improved as we do better.

Complete a world, new expansion is released with a new world? That conversation was from a year ago though.
You left out the "max level Kaiju stomp on your face and smash base we worked so hard to build and defend" bit.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Haha rocket. ya dude, personally I love the phrase mud stomp. Because we very much look the same after a cat 5 kaiju stomps on us.

The talk of another world is possible but looong ways down the road with another milestone. Em-8ER is going to have so much for us to enjoy I have trained my mind to keep expansion ideas like that on the far backburner. But damn am i excited about this community and game.

SSH83

Firstclaimer
Jul 29, 2016
I think the more important thing is...

What kind of base building mechanics can keep things interesting. You can only rebuild the same lego castle so many times before you want to move on. That's the real opportunity for breakthrough and next-level design idea.

Jul 27, 2016
I think the more important thing is...

What kind of base building mechanics can keep things interesting. You can only rebuild the same lego castle so many times before you want to move on. That's the real opportunity for breakthrough and next-level design idea.
I would hope that as we upgrade bases, they make our lives easier-better defenses, more building hp, faster refining times, etc.

I'd also like to see base expansions(most importantly horizontal but vertical too), but I'm not sure where to go for new and exciting game play with base design in a game like this. I'll think on it.

Jul 28, 2016
spiralofhope.com
Will there be building spots that are somewhat safe from giant kaijus?
I'm not sure, and you bring up an interesting problem.

Part of the game is that we're playing on the edge. We're mercenaries on the front line. There is a push-and-pushback between us and the enemy.

However, hopefully we can push a little harder and gain ground, leaving some terrain safe. Hopefully this means there will always be a forward base which is under high threat, and a base further away.. in an area we've tamed a little. So you'd have a space to go to afk, craft, be social, etc. safely.

There would maybe only be minor events quite distant from that "safer base", but the forward base would have major events closer, and possibly even have significant in-base threats.

I could be wrong, but this is how I have it in my head.

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
don't hate me for saying this. But Ive never been a fan of those games like rust and those types survival games just cause of all the building. blah hate spending wasting time playing architect. if that's the case then I am out. I am allergic to building bases. But I do LOVE building and creating weapons and armor or frames

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
don't hate me for saying this. But Ive never been a fan of those games like rust and those types survival games just cause of all the building. blah hate spending wasting time playing architect. if that's the case then I am out. I am allergic to building bases. But I do LOVE building and creating weapons and armor or frames
DON'T WORRY SLAB, WE GOT YOU COVERED.
IT WON'T BE FALLOUT 4 OR SURVIVAL COMPLEXITY OF BUILDING.

AS FAR AS GRUMMZ SAID. IT'S MORE A FIND A SPOT, SELECT LAYOUT AND THROW IN RESOURCES. SELECT UPGRADE, THROW IN RESOURCES.

BUILDING/BASES ARE PREDEFINED.

Last edited:

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
DON'T SLAB, WE GOTT YOU COVERED.
IT WON'T BE FALLOUT 4 OR SURVIVAL COMPLEXITY OF BUILDING.

AS FAR AS GRUMMZ SAID. IT'S MORE A FIND A SPOT, SELECT LAYOUT AND THROW IN RESOURCES. SELECT UPGRADE, THROW IN RESOURCES.

BUILDING/BASES ARE PREDEFINED.
that sounds better and it doesn't feel much like rust kind of building. ehh hate that

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Plus not every player needs their own base. So if your style of play isn't like that, you can bypass it and use other bases around. Remember the thmpr returns to the nearest refinery, that means anyone's.

As for anti invasion and vehicles/spawn points, that is where I look to world contribution and armies/clans.