Any plans to compensate founders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

Jul 28, 2016
While I definitely support the making of a "true Firefall", and yes Mark Kern was the guy behind Firefall in the first place, there will definitely be doubts about this new project. Don't spend what you're not willing to lose, because you definitely aren't going to get a single penny back. Many games don't last forever and will eventually shut down for various reasons.

Looking forward, it's best if people be mindful about what content is being produced and released to us before dumping hundreds of dollars into whatever kinds of packages they'll be churning out. No doubt this would eventually happen if this game gets brought to life, there will be a Founder's Pack all over again and etc.

Jul 27, 2016
On top of this, a man who goes by the name of Mark Kern who severely misallocated company funds
Haha wow, you actually believe that?

Here's what happened.... The9 wanted him to spend A LOT MORE on useless advertising methods. He found some cheaper alternatives and saved the company money. They obviously did not like that, they wanted WOW with guns, and removed him from the company soon afterwards for fighting against the changes and bad spending...

I can't believe there are actual people that fall for these shill articles, lmfao.

I find it even more funny that you expect a compensation for a free to play game that you chose to spend money on and either support, or buy cosmetics and boosts from. It's entertainment value and if you cannot afford your hobby of choice, maybe it's time to look at getting another hobby you can afford.

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
I donated stuff to competitions, bought a founders pack and so on. I'm not asking for compensation. I didn't even demand any from Ubisoft for falsely banning me which they later reversed.

Sandsnake

Deepscanner
Jul 28, 2016
Haha wow, you actually believe that?

Here's what happened.... The9 wanted him to spend A LOT MORE on useless advertising methods. He found some cheaper alternatives and saved the company money. They obviously did not like that, they wanted WOW with guns, and removed him from the company soon afterwards for fighting against the changes and bad spending...

I can't believe there are actual people that fall for these shill articles, lmfao.

I find it even more funny that you expect a compensation for a free to play game that you chose to spend money on and either support, or buy cosmetics and boosts from. It's entertainment value and if you cannot afford your hobby of choice, maybe it's time to look at getting another hobby you can afford.
Hello Koolaid man, how are you? :D love yah, buddy

Jul 27, 2016
I remember a long time ago you had a core audience of people who had supported you financially since the beginning, only to deal with mismanagement of funds, the crisis of durability and multiple changes in vision and design that ultimately killed any chance of Firefall recovering into anything resembling the vision people initially funded.

Now after years of waiting for Firefall to reach its 50th rework with extremely limited success you are asking to be crowdfunded again, I'm sure you will understand why many of us will have a hard time doing that.

On top of this, a man who goes by the name of Mark Kern who severely misallocated company funds and mistreated employees is supposedly leading this crowdfunding effort.

You screwed over your employees, and you screwed your consumers over, repeatedly. Why anyone who has had experience with Firefall would trust you with another cent is beyond me. If you care at all about reaching out to your original Firefall supporters, I would not count on them crowdfunding you. I would instead suggest that if you want those dedicated supporters to return to any degree and give this game a chance, you should offer them incentives based on their support of Firefall so they have an immediate investment in Ember as a result of enduring your last project. This will give your original founders a greater motive to check out this product when it goes live.

Until you are willing to do that I would recommend developing a game that has absolutely no connection to Firefall so you can sever any ties with that sinking ship, because those ties will be a lasting detriment to this project going forward.
Dude! Seriously? What's next? You gonna bitch at and demand a refund from Ronald McDonald cause you got a shitty cheeseburger?

Video games, especially new ones with no fan base, intrinsically come with risk. If you didn't realize this form the onset, then that's on you!!!!!!!!!!!

So you don't share Marks vision, don't support it and move on. But to come here and demand a refund cause you didn't get what you wanted, WOW!!!! That's thick. Here's a piece of advice..... Move on this isn't the game you're looking for........

Jul 26, 2016
Dude! Seriously? What's next? You gonna bitch at and demand a refund from Ronald McDonald cause you got a shitty cheeseburger?
no you got that wrong it's more like this..

Boss S runs store A.
Customer buys from A.
Boss S gets fired from A and goes to work at B.
Customer demands compensation from B in regards to product brought from A solely because S used to work at A.
Customer believes since S used to work at A, that must mean B = A.

Jul 27, 2016
no you got that wrong it's more like this..

Boss S runs store A.
Customer buys from A.
Boss S gets fired from A and goes to work at B.
Customer demands compensation from B in regards to product brought from A solely because S used to work at A.
Customer believes since S used to work at A, that must mean B = A.
Thanks for Mansplaining it for us, we probably would have never figured it out if weren't for you. Props!!!!!!!

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
ewww... compensation for gambling. (I guess nobody has ever crowdfunded anything before the days of youtube and social media..totally gambling. With LOTS of fine print about gambling.)

No waaaay maaan ! !

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
I have so much exclusive stuff on Firefall, every pet, most bikes, gliders, portable stations, skins, headgear, every exclusive from events etc, etc. Not even mad :p Gonna do the same for Ember, Mark Kern doesn't own the rights to Firefall anymore so he doesn't even need to give us compensation (free Stuff) for something he doesn't own anymore.
I'm just happy that this game is being made ^.^

tsberri

Terraformer
Dec 9, 2016
southern california
i became a founder of FireFall in Nov 2012 (yes, i have the receipt) but what's got me on the fence about mark is i didn't like the game in the beginning. it wasn't until RIGHT before patch 1.6 was released that i thought the game was finally good enough to appeal to mostly all players except the PVPers.

FF12 sucked. FF15 was pretty damn good. FFBlueNine complete FAIL. what version are we supposedly investing in? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.