Any plans to compensate founders?

Discussion in 'Flamewars, Gripes and Complaints' started by Chromatose, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Epsilon

Epsilon New Member

While I definitely support the making of a "true Firefall", and yes Mark Kern was the guy behind Firefall in the first place, there will definitely be doubts about this new project. Don't spend what you're not willing to lose, because you definitely aren't going to get a single penny back. Many games don't last forever and will eventually shut down for various reasons.

Looking forward, it's best if people be mindful about what content is being produced and released to us before dumping hundreds of dollars into whatever kinds of packages they'll be churning out. No doubt this would eventually happen if this game gets brought to life, there will be a Founder's Pack all over again and etc.

2. DARKB1KE

DARKB1KE Well-Known Member

Haha wow, you actually believe that?

Here's what happened.... The9 wanted him to spend A LOT MORE on useless advertising methods. He found some cheaper alternatives and saved the company money. They obviously did not like that, they wanted WOW with guns, and removed him from the company soon afterwards for fighting against the changes and bad spending...

I can't believe there are actual people that fall for these shill articles, lmfao.

I find it even more funny that you expect a compensation for a free to play game that you chose to spend money on and either support, or buy cosmetics and boosts from. It's entertainment value and if you cannot afford your hobby of choice, maybe it's time to look at getting another hobby you can afford.

3. NitroMidgets

NitroMidgets Tsi-Hu Hunter

I donated stuff to competitions, bought a founders pack and so on. I'm not asking for compensation. I didn't even demand any from Ubisoft for falsely banning me which they later reversed.

4. Brezals

Brezals Deepscanner

I still has 60bucks of unused redbeans on my firefall account, I don't care if I'll never use them.

Silv3r Shadow and NitroMidgets like this.
  5. NitroMidgets

That's like having a certificate for a free ride on the Titanic. I think I had a bunch of those things as well when I stopped playing.

Wraithbane and Xeevis like this.
  6. Yrkul

Yrkul Active Member

Thanks for reminding me. I have about 2k beans across 4 accounts and hoarded cosmetics for resale just before 1.6 hit. :D

I'm not bitter...

7. Sandsnake

Sandsnake Deepscanner

Hello Koolaid man, how are you? :D love yah, buddy

NitroMidgets and DARKB1KE like this.
  8. GhostDancer66

GhostDancer66 New Member

Dude! Seriously? What's next? You gonna bitch at and demand a refund from Ronald McDonald cause you got a shitty cheeseburger?

Video games, especially new ones with no fan base, intrinsically come with risk. If you didn't realize this form the onset, then that's on you!!!!!!!!!!!

So you don't share Marks vision, don't support it and move on. But to come here and demand a refund cause you didn't get what you wanted, WOW!!!! That's thick. Here's a piece of advice..... Move on this isn't the game you're looking for........

Wraithbane, NitroMidgets and DARKB1KE like this.
  9. SomeUnregPunk

SomeUnregPunk Emberite

no you got that wrong it's more like this..

Boss S runs store A.
    Customer buys from A.
    Boss S gets fired from A and goes to work at B.
    Customer demands compensation from B in regards to product brought from A solely because S used to work at A.
    Customer believes since S used to work at A, that must mean B = A.

10. GhostDancer66

GhostDancer66 New Member

Thanks for Mansplaining it for us, we probably would have never figured it out if weren't for you. Props!!!!!!!

NitroMidgets likes this.
  11. Stoned Wookiee

Stoned Wookiee Deepscanner

I personally wouldn't care if I got a refund. It would be nice for those that did support Firefall to get some cosmetic stuff if Ember does become playable and the player is able to prove he/she supported Firefall.

NitroMidgets and DARKB1KE like this.
  12. Kouyioue

Kouyioue Active Member

ewww... compensation for gambling. (I guess nobody has ever crowdfunded anything before the days of youtube and social media..totally gambling. With LOTS of fine print about gambling.)

No waaaay maaan ! !

NitroMidgets likes this.
  13. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper KAIJU 'SPLODER

WHY THE F*CK IS EVERYBODY STARTING TO STEAL MY F*CKING COLOR? I NEED TO COPYRIGHT THAT SH*T!

*this SH*T© is now copyrighted*

F*CK

NitroMidgets likes this.
  14. Silv3r Shadow

Silv3r Shadow Gatestrider Max Kahuna Kaiju Slayer

I have so much exclusive stuff on Firefall, every pet, most bikes, gliders, portable stations, skins, headgear, every exclusive from events etc, etc. Not even mad :p Gonna do the same for Ember, Mark Kern doesn't own the rights to Firefall anymore so he doesn't even need to give us compensation (free Stuff) for something he doesn't own anymore.
    I'm just happy that this game is being made ^.^

15. Yrkul

Yrkul Active Member

Halloween is coming...

NitroMidgets likes this.
  16. Taylor

Taylor Death Reaper

I was a FireFall founder in 2012 and bought all of the subsequent cash vehicles and packages. In exchange, I had a lot of fun in FireFall, beginning to end. Money for years of entertainment seems like a fair trade.

17. tsberri

tsberri Terraformer

i became a founder of FireFall in Nov 2012 (yes, i have the receipt) but what's got me on the fence about mark is i didn't like the game in the beginning. it wasn't until RIGHT before patch 1.6 was released that i thought the game was finally good enough to appeal to mostly all players except the PVPers.

FF12 sucked. FF15 was pretty damn good. FFBlueNine complete FAIL. what version are we supposedly investing in? :/

18. Mahdi

Mahdi THMPR Inbound - Gatestrider - Firstclaimer

I like to think of it as many here have invested into Em-8ER not into firefall. Also firefall was not rrally good after launch. Playable, yes. Enjoyable, yes until they removed crafting. But beta was the best times and that is why I am here.

13umbleBee and NitroMidgets like this.
  19. NitroMidgets

Well...... at least Mark accepts the Vets got fucked. The9 can choke on a bag of Chinese prison labor produced dicks.