What's the motivation here?

Gordro

Omniframe Inventor
Jul 26, 2016
England
I don't think they did anything else than that and hosting WoW... so it's a 2/2 fail so far.

Na they are massive, after all they DID buy Red 5 with change from their back pocket (and some pretty dubious share shenanigans I don't pretend to understand) .

They did a good job with Wow, but Blizzard actually beat The 9 for Cash Grab greed, which is impressive.

I guess when companies get to the size these guys do, then they all turn into evil *******s in order to stay there.

That said, if I had a small army, or even a minor special power, like being able to throw fireballs with my mind, then I would be repaying The 9 for their work on Firefall.

Then I would take a trip to Turbine Entertainment and get them to turn back on the "Asheron's Call" servers.

Then I would take a Trip to the Paul Smith shop in Floral road and remonstrate with them about making a double breasted suit. kin evil state of affairs.

But I have no army, cant control fireballs with my mind and have 5 hours left at work :(

again tin foil hat conspiracy nonsense lol I don't believe it but its funny to think of. I do know I really Really dislike that company they could of just not messed with red 5 during that crap patch and it would of been fine. Me and my buddy where testing it on the test server and it was soo good then 15 million things change and grind fest from hell cause the 9 wanted it.

Also I can't figure out how to quote but I rarely use forms.

Wraithbane

Firstclaimer
Jul 27, 2016
Long time Firefall player here. I really loved the original game, and stayed on a lot longer than I should have, hoping things would get better. Needless to say, they didn't. It was a Pax video interview of Grummz that first sold me on it. He really is a silver tongued bard when he believes in something. I'm very much looking forward to what he and his team can do, without The9 attempting to turn it into "Gun of Warcraft™".

You know that makes me think. Idk whos idea for the bus cause people lieing about grummz but, grummz if it was your idea don't do it again! lol even though that bus looked AMAZING.
I have not been able to put money into this due to college and I missed out on some of those early pledges which makes me a bit sad but o well. I want to put maybe 200 into the campain for this game. like I slowly did with starcitizen [which by the way for anyone who hate its I still am completely fine that I did that for what I have played of the game I have found it extremely fun! and they are making progress]

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
@OP, really he had a bunch of people tweet him as usual about how much everyone loves faufau, while doing his own thing etc.

Mark puts out a poll if anyone is interested in the genre anymore, if there was enough responses by us to prove there are people who want this game vote. A very positive support.

Inquires to obtain faufau licence, the9 don't want to sell because they're the investors who wanted loads of money from faufau from the beginning anyway, they don't sell for a low price (game already shutdown).

High amount of players including myself get messaged about 'Ember' on the faufau forums. People who talked about Ember on the faufau forums got bans directed my the9, knowing that faufau Devs wouldn't ban anyone no matter how much evidence, also that the9 fired them all.
+
A successful crowdfunding on Indiegogo for website launch.

Mark inquires more about what us as players want. Like thumping, crafting, anime and all fun from faufau like invasions.

Sometime later an indigogo campaign starts for EM-8ER. Founded by us all. Mark was using his own money to fund each milestone before money was raised. The funding was successful...

Second funding started, many people funded it and competed the whole funding for every other milestone.

It's all been a collaborative creation. No investors to ruin it. The Devs communicate with us all the time. This is basically the story why this game exists, The9 only covered up their own ass, anyone can create threads and articles :p

Last edited:
I will stay this however.
For all we know this game can fail at any time, as much as we don't want that. We should be ready just in case it does. I don't think it will do to it being his passion, I would say at worse it will be delayed due to funds.
Will that happen I don't think so but I hope not as well. I can't wait for a alpha and the abillity to drop 200 in to support the game.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I will stay this however.
For all we know this game can fail at any time, as much as we don't want that. We should be ready just in case it does. I don't think it will do to it being his passion, I would say at worse it will be delayed due to funds.
Will that happen I don't think so but I hope not as well. I can't wait for a alpha and the abillity to drop 200 in to support the game.

Hey now im not saying its going to happen only that it is a possibility, I would be so upset if it did cause firefall ruined me. I can't play a lot of shooters anymore. Fortnite was one shooter I could play [save the world back in alpha / beta] and planetside 2 which planetside 2 died out cause nonsense that should really be in a off topic form. Though as I say this I think we gotten very off topic? idk im clueless.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Hey now im not saying its going to happen only that it is a possibility, I would be so upset if it did cause firefall ruined me. I can't play a lot of shooters anymore. Fortnite was one shooter I could play [save the world back in alpha / beta] and planetside 2 which planetside 2 died out cause nonsense that should really be in a off topic form. Though as I say this I think we gotten very off topic? idk im clueless.

To me this game is a part of us all who follow and contributed in some way or another. My fear is that doubts and all can sometimes takeover wouldn't want that at all. Sometimes its easy for some to complain not saying you are, just saying that in general. So keeping optimistic/positive because this is the game alot of us want.

to defend such a game!

Glad that our comments/replies are being taken into account tons and tons of ideas from great minds and wacky minds alike :D
The day when this game is polished and running as smooth as a baldy head sliding on ice then the rest will open their eyes and change
their tune of i knew this game was awesome and jump the band wagon all that.

When i see or hear about wow i think to myself em8er could last as long as this i wonder hmm

Some dreamers fall

Some go on

Em8er will happen !!!

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
To me this game is a part of us all who follow and contributed in some way or another. My fear is that doubts and all can sometimes takeover wouldn't want that at all. Sometimes its easy for some to complain not saying you are, just saying that in general. So keeping optimistic/positive because this is the game alot of us want.

to defend such a game!

Glad that our comments/replies are being taken into account tons and tons of ideas from great minds and wacky minds alike :D
The day when this game is polished and running as smooth as a baldy head sliding on ice then the rest will open their eyes and change
their tune of i knew this game was awesome and jump the band wagon all that.

When i see or hear about wow i think to myself em8er could last as long as this i wonder hmm

Some dreamers fall

Some go on

Em8er will happen !!!
SOME MEN JUST WANT TO WATCH THE WORLD BURN SEE EM-8ER HAPPEN

OmogomO

Nov 5, 2017
Hmm, like many I was with Firefall from the start. I loved the game but seemed there was a definite lack in direction. That should/does fall on the leader. I think the 9 got hosed on it but whatever, sadly it's done. I only check here every month or 2 to see the progress and I feel like it's lacking. I'm sure much work is being done but I thought something major was supposed to be done by around Christmas 2017. Is there even a projected date when closed alpha will launch?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Hmm, like many I was with Firefall from the start. I loved the game but seemed there was a definite lack in direction. That should/does fall on the leader. I think the 9 got hosed on it but whatever, sadly it's done. I only check here every month or 2 to see the progress and I feel like it's lacking. I'm sure much work is being done but I thought something major was supposed to be done by around Christmas 2017. Is there even a projected date when closed alpha will launch?
There is sure a lot of planning, creating and idea gathering in the background, my hope is the demo can show us a glimpse into the world of em8er to then further add our feedback for improvements.

Its worth to check weekly at least imo, although i am an addict & got a reaaaaaaaaaaally good feeling about em8er!

something to keep in mind is game development takes AGES sometimes. if im correct took 8 to 10 years for the latest grand theft auto to be made and most of it the gaming community did not even know. heck how long did it take tf2 to be made? it takes a dam long time and biggest issue and cost is art.