Video-Games You're Playing (Re-Start)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Went back to warframe and it has lost that spark, perhaps it is the saturation of warframes and weapons, the same things but with reskins and rename of enemies with a story.

I always did like the space ninja stuff they were trying to put across though it has become less space ninja and more space hero grinder.

Maybe it will get some needed attention i did see they had a necro mech maybe that might be interesting hmm

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Cataclysm DDA - currently on my second month, still trying to clear a path into town and gain access to the only petrol station I've been able to find. Left arm is still broken because I can't find a first aid book that will raise my skill high enough to make a splint. Still one-handing a M4A1 with pinpoint accuracy despite no rifle skill and marksmanship 1.

Tried to play Doom Eternal but really not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Might run an Assassin on modded Diablo 2.

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Since the sword rework Dauntless has been my main game. Combat always felt pretty clunky and repetitive in Dauntless (the reason i was originally turned off by it) but the sword rework fixed that for me. still would require a slight buff in attack speed imo, just a little. The valor system promotes trying to get that one last hit in in to get your combos activated and this often translates into either just making it or just not making it and getting staggered back before you can dodge too often in both those cases.

Avenging overdrive with all the attack speed buffs be like;

They're dropping a complete new revamp soon (December), progression, hunting grounds. Most of it seems promising.

Last edited:

NF85

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
They're dropping a complete new revamp soon (December), progression, hunting grounds. Most of it seems promising.
Whitout seeing any teaser or hidden footage, im sceptical.
they completely remove the patrols in favor of the new free roam maps, so that means the game will no longer be quick drop in-drop out-game. i prefer dauntless over monsther hunter for two reasons: 1: very casual low skill gameplay, 2: quick matches.

but the desember update still wont adress the core issue: when you hit slayer 50 and behemoth mastery 46, there is 0 and i mean 0 reasons to play the game anymore, as there is no real goals to grind towards.
they need to continusly increase the behemoth level and the wep mastry level/behemoth mastry level so that there is actualy a reason for us grinders to return.

other then that, im reinstalling red dead 2 on ps4, a minor update will arrive this week with 10 more levels for bounty hunter, so new content without it beeing new content. should be done with that in a week of casual gaming then back to un install.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Played a little bit of Fallout 76 just to give it a go. It reminded me a lot of Generation Zero, another game with a lot of walking a very little else. It's not terrible, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Just kinda dull.

Gave Prodeus a go because of Grummz. Very satisfying. Also The Citadel, which is good too.

NF85

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
Dauntless reforged dropped today, seems they took me by my word.
BM and S levels are still 50/50 but they added old skool cod prestigue system to the wep mastrys. gotta regrind them to lv 20, 10 times for each wep for all the extra dmg bonus.

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Dauntless reforged dropped today, seems they took me by my word.
BM and S levels are still 50/50 but they added old skool cod prestigue system to the wep mastrys. gotta regrind them to lv 20, 10 times for each wep for all the extra dmg bonus.
Yeah still trying to figure out how i feel about the update but generally pretty positive. Prestige is optional and the bonuses aren't even all that great so i don't mind, i can prestige another weapon class than my main for the bonus. The slayer's path is cool. Hunting grounds i absolutely love and this is probably just their first version for them (add a tent for restacking consumables, etc in the future).

NF85

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
Alone the bonuses are very small, but when they stack up i think they will at some point become usefull.

Aka, you will notice a 8% stamina cost reduction on attacks. how well is ofc way, way too early to say, but perhaps you dont need that 3+ stamin cell, and can use it for something more suitable.

I just feel repeaters in the end got shafted.
yea they remove upgrade on chamber, grip and prism, but just gave it run speed buff on the lv12 milestone.....
allso feel we who have played for a while should have been given 1 or 2lvs in the lv2 milestone, and 1-3 lv on the consumable milestones.

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
True, you might be able to squeeze off a +3 mod with it here and there. The bonuses do apply to all weapon types so, they might add up once you got them all.

Jul 26, 2016
Playing Noita.
I like that the game rewards both playing slow & patiently and fast & reckless. Though it seems to punish harder to fast & reckless. I like being slow.

I love the game doesn't tell you anything either and that you need to experiment with everything just to understand basically everything in this game. I also love that there is no time limit hanging over my head. Oh sure I can easily spoil myself by looking at the guides or the many videos on twitch & youtube but that like's robbing myself of half the fun.