Video-Games You're Playing (Re-Start)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Not sure if anyone's interested but saw this, never played Destiny 2 but its free to claim and own but got to register in the battle thingy by Nov 18th and can keep forever!

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Oh hell ya! Anyone else see the re-release of Hellgate London on steam coming the 15th of this month? I loooooved that damn game!
Never played this game but liked the original trailer :D oh its single player mode do you think it will have co-op eventually hmm

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
It originally had co-op. Small parties like diablo. Hanbisoft or what ever had a strong online thing in China going for it, but those servers were impossible to play on here in the States. Other than lag, they actually made some solid improvements on the game when they acquired it.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Original developers were from Blizzard. So cinematics, voice acting, story...all amazing and worth it, even if only single player. Plus I'm a sucker for hell unleashed on the world games. I have always thought that if Blizzard grew a pair and did a more adult themed (like a modern style of Hellgate London) Diablo MMO, it would be the greatest ever.

.....then we all see where WoW ended up and I dont think like that anymore.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Demons from the doom series
Extra terrestrial from well the alien series :D
Zombies from l4d, walking dead, etc

I'd like to see such things as demonic Extra terrestrial zombie
or a zombie demon, or a alien demon, or a cyborg demon, etc etc

This has nothing to do with it but i really like the big bird that falls from the sky and squishes the zombie
the trumpet sound made it even more funny @1.03

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Unfortunately I am playing nothing serious right now. My gaming laptop was stolen out of the family van this summer and I haven't had an extra $850 lying around to buy even a passable new one.. Wife has been hinting that Santa may be getting me one though.
So in the meantime I've been playing old SNES games with my kids. FF3, ghosts and goblins, super Metroid etc.

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Unfortunately I am playing nothing serious right now. My gaming laptop was stolen out of the family van this summer and I haven't had an extra $850 lying around to buy even a passable new one.. Wife has been hinting that Santa may be getting me one though.
So in the meantime I've been playing old SNES games with my kids. FF3, ghosts and goblins, super Metroid etc.
It's always good to go back and visit those old games - they had great atmosphere and were often a real challenge. No spawn points meant you had to really work hard to improve and progress!

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Never played this game but liked the original trailer :D oh its single player mode do you think it will have co-op eventually hmm
I really like the original in many aspects!

Some of the weapon effects made me faint with exxxxxxxxstatic joy!

It felt like a start to what 3D Diablo would be...

I liked lightening field, the rocket flame launcher thing, the zapper thing, the lightening storm...

The remake from the IP was not nearly as good.

I hope the Steam version is like the original!

P.S. I just grabbed it. It is on sale for $9 until the 22nd.

I hope it is fixed up like the original!!!!!!!!!!!

Decker

Apr 25, 2017
I’m still playing Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. I love the freedom of movement and the wide variety of weapons and variants.

Oct 29, 2016
Warframe and Rimworld
Also abit annoyed that one of my colonist proprosed to someone on her wedding, rejected, gets depressed and burned everything (a pyromaniac), killing the newlywed by accident(?), cooked inside a room with not enough personel to put the fire down...
I'm just gonna start over a new colony.

Jul 26, 2016
Warframe and Rimworld
Also abit annoyed that one of my colonist proprosed to someone on her wedding, rejected, gets depressed and burned everything (a pyromaniac), killing the newlywed by accident(?), cooked inside a room with not enough personel to put the fire down...
I'm just gonna start over a new colony.
dang! I knew rimworld was weird game but that is weirder than I thought it was.

Plaing Hades made by supergiantgames
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/hades/home

It handles sort of like Deadcells.
Though everything action you can do has a cool down. So you can't really chain the same action even if you get temporary upgrades that let you chain the same action. There is still that minisule cool down period.

It has both temporary and permanent upgrades. At the moment 4 different weapons you can unlock and this spell you can use that requires you to pick it back up after throwing it to use it again. That spell acts like how the game Heavy Bullets acts.

I found it interesting that they set it up so that the traps that hurt you can also hurt your enemies so it's possible to trap them... though you got to trigger them.

It's on early access... but it feels more like the game is near it's final build.
I dunno. Maybe they are hoping if they increase the number of test-players the possibility of catching bugs will increase or they are want to see if their game is enjoyable to a larger number of potential players?

[edit]The difference between this and some other roguelikes.... This is type of roguelike where you pretty much are unable to beat this without permanent upgrades. That becomes apparent when you come across the bosses.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2016
Crosscode

I paid for early access and then forgot about it. Tried at launch and decided I'm not in the right frame of mind to play this and gave up. It's heavily focused on timing your attacks + defense with RPG equipment/skill mechanics. Man, I thought Valdis Story was annoying to frustating to play but this...

Came back recently and noticed they added a combat assist mode. You can change how hard an enemies hit you and their attack frequency. I don't need to be rabid hamster on crack to play this game now! Dropped both options to 80%. A little bit later I dropped attack damage to 40%. These enemies hit hard. 20% is way too easy.

This is a fun game. The devs put a lot of work into this. Equipment can be found/brought that can upgrade different styles of play, your skills change up how you attack or defend, there is a lot of freedom in the game in how to handle enemies so you don't exactly need to play the same way every time. Equipement ain't just direct stat upgrades like in most games. They also give modifiers that affect whatever combat style you are using.

Oh and I remember Valdis Story to be a lot less forgiving than it is now. Still requires you to be focused on timing everything you do but it's seems less hard now. Still frustrating for me. That is until I started playing the other character than is available in the game for new players. Now it's like playing a fantasy version of Streets of Rage/GoldenAxe/Shinobi/etc. Sure you got a little less reach than the sword and a little less damage but a hell of lot easier for me to evade and deal out combo attacks.

[edit]
so there is a lot of puzzles in this game. Timing puzzles. Jumping puzzles. Moving block puzzles. Pool game puzzles. Combat puzzles. I'm 9 hours in and so far that's what I found so far. I figure there is probably more types too. It can get tedious. The trailers for this game under-represents the amount of puzzles.

I guess it makes sense. Since the devs also put a lot of effort in to the combat system & the story, the lore, art, etc.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Some loot/goodies for warframe and other games with twitch prime just do the trial and then cancel it after getting gifts because it auto renews and not stop :O