Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Just as I was about to completely FREAK OUT and grab every flash drive, blank DVD, blank CD, and anything else I can find, beg, and borrow to save all my files to; I read ThioJoe's update he posted (2 hours ago from 6:40 PM EST) . . .

1538865673022.png

I'm not sure how a bug this bad could get into a Windows Update but . . . They SERIOUSLY need some better QA before shipping updates.

I still think I'm going to ask Santa for a SSD this year to put Win10, browsers, Discord, and a few games on then keep IMPORTANT files away from the OS on the HDD.

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
multiple weird dreams:
as I'm trying to fall asleep: a clone of myself stands over me and the light is on. I insist on dreaming something else and it works.

a choices+QTEs videogame where a generic action-hero scientist goes to the fictional japanese city of Mitsubishi, known for being very flat because they limit the height of buildings based on the tallest historical building in the region.
he's there for something to do with someone else's experiment, but that guy is a manipulative asshole and turns out to be a supervillain. he asks a riddle similar to this: "In an experiment for a new type of learning-drug, the brains of the subjects ended up larger than the average human brain, why?" I give him a lot of answers that assume it's not a trick question and the correct answer was they were cows (which apparently actually have smaller brains than humans, so fuck him).
somehow it turns out he's a supervillain, and I confront him and get shot by his secretary. I reload the save and defeat him faster this time, then escape on a giant plane. the secretary throws me my luggage, I expect it's a trap but there's no choice to inspect or reject it and it never does anything bad. I think the villain had mind-control, so that might be why. there was a segment where I remote-controlled a lego drone to fight other robots; maybe part of this dream, maybe not.

my parrot can apparently be disassembled and re-assembled without dying, this is really creepy and I worry it hurts or can cause long-term harm.

I meet some old coworkers that are Spongebob-characters (only been exposed through memes) at the convenience-store. It's really awkward, especially because I don't remember them and because they pull me into line before I've had a chance to shop.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
multiple weird dreams:
as I'm trying to fall asleep: a clone of myself stands over me and the light is on. I insist on dreaming something else and it works.

a choices+QTEs videogame where a generic action-hero scientist goes to the fictional japanese city of Mitsubishi, known for being very flat because they limit the height of buildings based on the tallest historical building in the region.
he's there for something to do with someone else's experiment, but that guy is a manipulative asshole and turns out to be a supervillain. he asks a riddle similar to this: "In an experiment for a new type of learning-drug, the brains of the subjects ended up larger than the average human brain, why?" I give him a lot of answers that assume it's not a trick question and the correct answer was they were cows (which apparently actually have smaller brains than humans, so fuck him).
somehow it turns out he's a supervillain, and I confront him and get shot by his secretary. I reload the save and defeat him faster this time, then escape on a giant plane. the secretary throws me my luggage, I expect it's a trap but there's no choice to inspect or reject it and it never does anything bad. I think the villain had mind-control, so that might be why. there was a segment where I remote-controlled a lego drone to fight other robots; maybe part of this dream, maybe not.

my parrot can apparently be disassembled and re-assembled without dying, this is really creepy and I worry it hurts or can cause long-term harm.

I meet some old coworkers that are Spongebob-characters (only been exposed through memes) at the convenience-store. It's really awkward, especially because I don't remember them and because they pull me into line before I've had a chance to shop.
Was that 1 dream chained together or separate dreams?

your dreams fascinate me :D

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
Was that 1 dream chained together or separate dreams?

your dreams fascinate me :D
I don't think I woke up between them, but they all had different art-styles:
the clone and parrot dreams were realistic, and I was definitely myself, but I may have been younger in the parrot dream.
the video-game was like an animated comic-book; a bit desaturated, cell-shaded, limited animation, I think limited voices. mostly first-person, but switched to third-person for dramatic shots (like the skyline of Mitsubishi). I never saw the protagonist except in silhouette and hands, white guy probably around 30, with short black hair and a deep voice - I imagine him as standard "could be your dad" video-game protagonist.
the convenience-store was ugly cartoon; weird colours and lots of details. I was only somewhat taller than my ex-coworkers, who were crustaceans. we worked in an office, and the one who was most angry I didn't remember him was angry because he claimed he had been my gofer. I have never worked in an office.
the lego-segment was dark with very game-y reflections. again might have been part of the game, might not.

now that you mention it I think I saw lego in the store, and I can't remember the order of the dreams. could go clone - enter Mitsubishi - villain is an asshole - store - drones - confrontation and escape - wake up to headless parrot (the parrot dream was in a bedroom, but not one I recognize.)

Status
Not open for further replies.