Spam Thread - Madness revised

Status
Not open for further replies.

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
game mechanic idea: first impressions modified by appearance (based on expectations) and reputation, then change based on actions.

villainous - - selfish - - nice - - heroic
invisible - - harmless - - competent - - inspiring

actions cause one to gravitate/drop/rise towards a point on each scale, not just up or down. e.g. tricking an enemy into an ambush with lies and then killing them will cause fall towards well-intentioned and no change if below.

heroic: expected to be honorable even if it's against their best interest.
villainous: expected to rely on no other bonds than fear.
inspiring: people wonder if they've heard the person's name before even if they haven't.
invisible: unless the person's actions are especially relevant to another person, they make no first impression.

how would you rate your own first impression (when you're trying to make one)? why is that? do you act differently?

I think I look nice and neutral, but swing between nice and selfish, and between competent and harmless.
the first impression is because when I care how I look I have to coordinate my outfit with a washed-out black waistcoat with bulging pockets, and I hate buying clothes. I look like a lazy hipster.
my general demeanor is variable because I have variable energy; when I feel good I talk too much, and when I don't I think too slowly.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
game mechanic idea: first impressions modified by appearance (based on expectations) and reputation, then change based on actions.

villainous - - selfish - - nice - - heroic
invisible - - harmless - - competent - - inspiring

actions cause one to gravitate/drop/rise towards a point on each scale, not just up or down. e.g. tricking an enemy into an ambush with lies and then killing them will cause fall towards well-intentioned and no change if below.

heroic: expected to be honorable even if it's against their best interest.
villainous: expected to rely on no other bonds than fear.
inspiring: people wonder if they've heard the person's name before even if they haven't.
invisible: unless the person's actions are especially relevant to another person, they make no first impression.

how would you rate your own first impression (when you're trying to make one)? why is that? do you act differently?

I think I look nice and neutral, but swing between nice and selfish, and between competent and harmless.
the first impression is because when I care how I look I have to coordinate my outfit with a washed-out black waistcoat with bulging pockets, and I hate buying clothes. I look like a lazy hipster.
my general demeanor is variable because I have variable energy; when I feel good I talk too much, and when I don't I think too slowly.
I'd be a nice goofball and then other times nice heroic and times after that selfish invisible hermit then at time between the week i am a heroic inspiring nice selfish person depending if food is nearby after training.

My first impression is my head is aerodynamic i always carry something as if i was on an adventure of some kind. My shoes are supportive to run if need be as you can never tell if you need to run or jump!
I am easily spaced out in shopping centers, librarys i like to talk when the chat flows and when it stops wonder off and throw a ball in a hoop!

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
these magical knuckledusters are stronger the worse the best opinion of you (in this dimension) is, except for opinions held by snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.