Spam Thread - Madness revised

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
Washington County sheriff confirms use of ivermectin at Detention Center

Washington County Sheriff Tim Helder on Tuesday confirmed that the medical provider for the Detention Center has been prescribing ivermectin to detainees to treat them for the covid-19 virus.

The question was raised at a meeting of the Quorum Court's Finance & Budget Committee during a discussion of the proposed 2022 budget for the Detention Center.

Eva Madison, justice of the peace for District 9, said she had been told by a county employee that Karas Correctional Health had been prescribing ivermectin for them. Madison said the federal Food and Drug Administration has warned against using ivermectin to treat covid-19 and said the county should review the situation before approving a budget that includes money for Karas.

"I think we need to reevaluate who we are using to provide medical care if they are disregarding FDA guidelines and giving de-wormer to detainees at our county jail," Madison said. "It's very disturbing to me that that's the level of care we're providing."

The Sheriff's Office proposed 2022 budget shows Karas is asking for a 10% increase in its medical services contract.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/aug/25/washington-county-sheriff-confirms-use-of/

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
"I probably didn't know..."

'Smoking gun' evidence shows Trump made illegal donation to Florida attorney general's campaign

"I probably didn't know at that time that we probably shouldn't be using foundation funds for this type of thing," said Trump Organization accountant Jeff McConney during a 2017 interview with investigators from the New York attorney general's office. "We made a mistake."

But an email from Aug. 28, 2013, shows Bondi's campaign finance director Deborah Ramsey Aleksander provided the name and federal tax identification number for the "And Justice for All" PAC, which she described as an ECO, or "electioneering communications organization, to Trump's longtime executive assistant Rhona Graff.

"Again, it was a pleasure meeting you today!!! Thanks again for always being so responsive and wonderful to work with." Aleksander wrote to Graff. "Let Mr. Trump know that we are SO VERY thankful for his commitment of 25k and If he wants to make it 50k, that's perfectly acceptable. :) Seriously, thanks again for everything!!!"

Aleksander provided Graff with a copy of the PAC's W-9 form, which lists the group's "federal tax classification" as a "political organization," in a follow-up email on Sept. 11, 2013, and two days later Trump himself sent Bondi a check with a signed letter that misspelled her name and told her "you are the greatest!"

The signed check was issued from The Donald J. Trump Foundation, Inc., in likely violation of Section 501(c)(3) of U.S. tax code, which prohibits political donations by tax-exempt charities.

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/pam-bondi-trump/

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016

"My beliefs prohibit me to eat ice cream in the park on Thursdays."
"Well then, don't do it."
"You don't understand. Since I believe this, you can't do it either.*"
*The same is true for civil unions.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
Stalin-era mass grave found in Ukraine

The remains of between 5,000 and 8,000 people were found in 29 graves in the southern city of Odessa.

The site, believed to date back to the late 1930s, was uncovered during exploration works for a planned expansion of an airport.

Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians are believed to have died during Joseph Stalin's rule of the Soviet Union.

Sergiy Gutsalyuk, the head of the regional branch of Ukraine's National Memory Institute, told AFP that the victims were likely to have been killed by the Soviet secret police unit during the late 1930s.
However, he said it would not be possible to identify the victims as any records were held in Russia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58340805

Status
Not open for further replies.