So what do you guys "create" with ?

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
New posts and topics have gotten kind of slow lately (.....halloween prep maybe?)

So out of curiosity[and just for the sake of making a new topic], since we have an art section: What do you guys use when creating stuff(art? 3D? tailoring clothing? ....POLEO ?! !? )? And do you like what you have, or do you wish you had other equipment?

I have been using a Huion GT190 to do small scribble-sketches and animations and I can't imagine using anything else(except the extra bigass GTCO, that thing's awesome ! ! !), it's exactly like using paper :)
( Mind you, the gt190 has a small gap between the screen and the actual LCD that I've been taking advantage of. I can see where my tip is, saving me tons of time. )

Lately I've been messing with straight up paper though and been REALLY curious about alcohol markers, they're so bright ! ! ! ! it's like digital colors, except on PAPER ! ! I really want some, but all I have is ball point pens and prismacolor brushtip markers. I should go get some later ^_^
Like I've started wearing lots of cargo pants every day, so now I carry a case full of brushtip markers, a pencil, a 15cm pocket ruler, one of those cool covert card knives, a ...hairpin.. for tracing, and a bunch of teeny tiny papers to draw on. Can animate anywhere !

Last edited:

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
i used to use paint.net mostly for avatars<, but i had a divinesque experience with inkscape when i tried it and am now learning that. i use mouse and keyboard because while i have something i want to produce that will require a lot of drawing, i want to know that drawing is something i can and will do before i acquire fancy tools and create expectations in others.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
KIDS

YEAH, I USE KIDS.
GIVE MY KIDS PAPERS AND THOSE COLOR STABBY-STUFF (THEY LOOK LIKE YOU CAN STAB IDIOTS WITH IT).

AND. KILL MYSELF. AFTERWARD. BECAUSE THEY GOT MORE MAD SKILLS THAN ME.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
I don't do many vids cause for the quality I'm after makes them take 50+ hours each, but then I've almost built my new pc for 'new stuffs'. But for making vids I use Sony Vagas 10 (for all things video editing). Shadow Play for screen capture, it's inside Geforce Experience.
Any photo editing programs, even PowerPoint and Paint now and then.
Replay mode for the Firefall replay files, ( still can make 2 shorts with files some friends on the forums have gave me).

After using screen capture when I drag it into Vagas and final get the bit I want I colour correct and and some brightness and more contrast, it gives the vivid effect really well. I create my own presets for both effects. If I remember any other things I use I'll edit this post. :)

Last edited:
Blender, Open Office (was the first that came me to mind when i searched for some nice, useful tool to write my stories xD), GIMP ('cause paint.net ain't working on mac...), Atom for scripting :)3 better than Notepad++! My opinion!) and Hex Fiend (for file manipulation... worked several times and is the tool when Atom isn't helping anymore).

I'm currently writing a bit sometimes and modelling. Maybe i will start scripting again, but this time for Factorio instead of Cube 2 xD Got already a nice and awesome idea, just gotta learn more LUA. :F

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
I've been carrying around a USB battery and a 5mm LED lightpad with me everywhere in a backpack, it's great to see people's surprise when you start drawing with a lightpad ^_^
It's fun watching people react to oddities

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
Better yet, check this out:

Damn thing has TWENTY EIGHT macro buttons and, of course, the two Pen buttons. That's like 30 controls.

......I want THAT! And it's only 70 bucks!

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I wish i could play the drums or guitar to a decent lvl but at the moment i need to work towards doing a muscle up
going back to the simple exercises before working up to those crazy stuff :D