Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
@Astro Your trust shall be rewarded.

At the end of the day such concerns come with the territory. If something changes based on feedback some will accuse the team of yielding to complaints. Which could potentially incite them to complain more. Alternatively if nothing ever changed based on feedback some would accuse the team of never listening to the community. Which could potentially incite people to feel ignored. Since neither road is devoid of accusers it is best to simply ignore the accusations.

As it was once said. "no matter how far you push the envelope, it's still stationary" :D

Astro

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
@Astro Your trust shall be rewarded.

At the end of the day such concerns come with the territory. If something changes based on feedback some will accuse the team of yielding to complaints. Which could potentially incite them to complain more. Alternatively if nothing ever changed based on feedback some would accuse the team of never listening to the community. Which could potentially incite people to feel ignored. Since neither road is devoid of accusers it is best to simply ignore the accusations.

As it was once said. "no matter how far you push the envelope, it's still stationary" :D
Fair enough. Although, I'd like to think the constant overhauls of Firefall's systems were because of constant complaints about them on the forums, and Red5 listening to too much feedback from the community and not sticking to their guns. They decided to ignore the accusations of doing too many overhauls, and they kept doing overhaul after overhaul and we all see where that got Firefall. In the end, the envelope and everything around it went up in flames :D

The madness has a beginning, so let's be conscious of that, is the point I'm trying to make. (Albeit this is a ridiculously minuscule example, as it has 0 affect on the gameplay and is only a visionary change).

Just raising my little red flag, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Fair enough. Although, I'd like to think the constant overhauls of Firefall's systems were because of constant complaints about them on the forums, and Red5 listening to too much feedback from the community and not sticking to their guns. ....
That is a common sentiment though the true issue was elsewhere.

Just raising my little red flag, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Nothing wrong with it at all.

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA

To Grummz and all of the Ember team. That looks awesome guys, I love it! Great job with the design and listening to the community. I feel tears coming to my eyes, but I am at work and crying here would just make me look silly (kind of like the design with the exposed pilot :p)
But seriously great job, can't wait to show this to my friends!

Tommaso Renieri

Ember Dev
Jul 26, 2016

To Grummz and all of the Ember team. That looks awesome guys, I love it! Great job with the design and listening to the community. I feel tears coming to my eyes, but I am at work and crying here would just make me look silly (kind of like the design with the exposed pilot :p)
But seriously great job, can't wait to show this to my friends!

:D Thanks to you :D

Jul 26, 2016
The only minor issue I had with the first design was the "Two heads". If it was without that and the shoulders were on the pilots shoulders it would have worked and felt more exo-skeleton and less mech. Fully encosed it feels like we are a robot/mech pilot.

Either works for me in the end.

Question; If I choose the Hard Driver option is it only MY model that changes from my perspective? Is it global, other players see my choice? Does it change everyone's appearance based on my choice so they are all either open or covered?

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Awesome work again, Ember team.

Now can we have the spiddly sticks removed from the open frame design and replaced with the gloves please. It just looks awkward when you go to the open frame design and suddenly sprout two sticks attached to the arms :p

Just kidding (then again maybe not).

Thanks for being awesome :)

Naku

Terraformer
Jul 26, 2016
good work on thsi really liek it.

question - would it be possibel to have... smaller omniframe? One taht looks more like exoskeleton, than mecha? I guess soemthign similar to what girl on Ember orginal art wear(mayeb with more armor overall)?

Bl4ckhunter

Jul 26, 2016
Well now the head makes sense, +1, i like that you can decide what to pick based on if you're "feeling mecha" or not that particular day,
ps, do the ominframe hands have fingers or those are just weapon mounts? I'd think that they're closed fists but i can't really tell for sure by that image

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
good work on thsi really liek it.

question - would it be possibel to have... smaller omniframe? One taht looks more like exoskeleton, than mecha? I guess soemthign similar to what girl on Ember orginal art wear(mayeb with more armor overall)?
How 'bout a no?

WHAT IS THIS? BURGER KING?
WHERE YOU CAN HAVE IT YOUR WAY?

Just because they made and "closed" torso option to make both side happy, we can't just go "want this, make that, do this".

NO TO EXOSKELETON!
YES TO CLAPTRAP STYLED OMNIFRAME!

That being as a game setting is actually better idea than just making it as a costumizable thing.

To that control stick, i prefer it as is, or make it a holo like control stick. On the other hand, a control glove is a nice thing too.
Probably be customisable during the character creation.

I like it so much I had issues with how open it is makes sense when talking to people but if your in combat ehhhh. But with the hard driver on that fixes the issue I been having I also like how you plan on having an auto feature. Though don't like the idea of it just rezing in and rezing out I think there should be some animation, though that is polish which is not needed till the game is about to go full release which is far from now.

Simple for now later add polished. that is what I say

Status
Not open for further replies.