No tinkering and Elite Ranks please

Do you want Elite Ranks and Tinkering?

• Total voters

DARKB1KE

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Why XP supposedly needed to have any kind of relevancy post Max Level was simply beyond me.

XP's only purpose is to advance your levels until you hit the cap, once you hit the cap, you should simply stop gaining XPs until the cap is raised again. Period.
People asked for a purpose to XP beyond max level. We had millions of XP that was not being used for anything. Why bother even playing if the XP numbers are doing nothing above enemy heads?

They could have made it go towards armies or tech, anything besides ER's but I dunno why none of this was ever implemented.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
What if...weapons/abilities/etc were permanent, have a quality/grade (low/mid/high/very high/etc), they can be modified (perhaps for one stat mod'd you have to pick a stat that can't be mod'd?), the mod has a quality/grade as well, for the mod it allows for how long the mod lasts (actual game time, not social game time), and the quality/grade of the gear that was mod'd means that the mods last longer. The quality/grade of the gear and/or mods effect how good the stat(s) will be.

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
Full stop.

Elite ranks=no. As they appeared in Firefall, they do not apply in a game without vertical progression. The phrase either needs to mean something completely unrelated to that concept or not exist. End discussion.

Tinkering=no. Loot lottery (yes, extra stats are still essentially loot.) Massive economy sink for little to no meaningful gain. Completely obvious form of vertical progression. Also has no place in horizontal game. End discussion.

Don't waste your time, Mark. Ignorance truly is bliss in this case; you do NOT want either of these concepts in Ember.

TankHunter678

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Tinkering=no. Loot lottery (yes, extra stats are still essentially loot.) Massive economy sink for little to no meaningful gain. Completely obvious form of vertical progression. Also has no place in horizontal game. End discussion.

Don't waste your time, Mark. Ignorance truly is bliss in this case; you do NOT want either of these concepts in Ember.
Conceptually Tinkering is modifying your gear to get more out of it. That does not mean it is required to come in as a simple +1 enhancement system that randomly crits. It can be implemented as something else not tied to vertical progression at all as a form of post crafting customization.

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
Conceptually Tinkering is modifying your gear to get more out of it. That does not mean it is required to come in as a simple +1 enhancement system that randomly crits. It can be implemented as something else not tied to vertical progression at all as a form of post crafting customization.
That's what I meant when I said of elite ranks: "they either need to mean something completely different or not exist at all." Same applies to tinkering, obviously.